Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Scott Baker signs with the Cubs. I feel like it was assumed that he would re-sign with us to try and regain his form, but now this opens up another spot in our pathetic rotation. I really hope Terry Ryan has something up his sleeve to bring in some actual MLB pitchers.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Scott Baker signs with the Cubs. I feel like it was assumed that he would re-sign with us to try and regain his form, but now this opens up another spot in our pathetic rotation. I really hope Terry Ryan has something up his sleeve to bring in some actual MLB pitchers.

It was a 9.25 million club option. If Im the GM, I would have declined that option too.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
It was a 9.25 million club option. If Im the GM, I would have declined that option too.

Exactly, the option is not being talked about. I thought it was assumed we'd move him, and we did. For nine and a quarter million bucks, we couldn't chance and hope he'd be healthy and effective this year. Smart move, and really the only choice we had.

As to re-signing for cheaper, I have to think the club doesn't want to deal with any more injury liabilities going forward. We've been beat up for a couple years now, and the only people more frustrated then the fans are those in the front office.

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
This isn't Baker related, but I got an idea.

I was at a sports store yesterday and I noticed they were selling MSHSL baseballs (the high school equivalent to an OMLB). I was thinking that for a different project, I could buy up a few, and have Minnesota-born players sign and inscribe them with the high school they played at.

A dozen is $60, so I would assume each baseball is $5 each.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anybody on here interested in a Joe Mauer autographed jersey? Its a pull over jersey, powder blue with red name and number patches. Signed in silver on the number

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
JoeMauer2012ToppsChromeX-Fractor.jpg
2012BowmanChromeProspectsRefractorAutod438-500.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Haven't bought much lately, have more 01 chrome morneau coming in. Going to stop though. Think I have a nice enough little stash if he gets hot. Otherwise, they'll stay in the pc.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
Decided to Check Twitter to see if there was any info about Twinsfest released with the has tag #twinsfest and it looks like nothing is released, but 2 or 3 people are already going HAM about Twinsfest.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Decided to Check Twitter to see if there was any info about Twinsfest released with the has tag #twinsfest and it looks like nothing is released, but 2 or 3 people are already going HAM about Twinsfest.

im sure im one of those people lol

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
Ok, MILB Opening Day is about 140 days away. I missed No Shave November cause I shaved on Nov.10 so to make up for thatI am not going to Shave until, or after April 6th, when I go down to Watch Beloit and Cedar Rapids.

Members online

Latest posts