Thread: I don't understand how this happens - ebay payments

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how this happens - ebay payments

Can someone clarify this up for me? It's very frustrating. I've whined about it before.

I had a lot of auctions end tonight and I sent out invoices immediately so if a buyer bought more than 1 card, it would be combined and I would get 10 payments for 10 cards and lose a chunk of change to Paypal for each payment.

First of all, whenever I've bought more than 1 item from a seller on ebay and I go to pay - ebay AUTOMATICALLY groups the items together and I sent one payment to the seller. That's not the case with me as a seller for some buyers. If I don't send an invoice, I will get 5 payments for 5 cards and so forth.

Is there some app out there on a phone that automatically pays for a card from your paypal account once you hit the BIN or something? It's crazy how much money paypal is making off of all these individual transactions. They are getting an extra $500 a year from me alone.

Anyway, I sent out invoices ASAP and I STILL had a customer pay for 4 cards in 4 different payments - all $1.09 each. So now instead of Paypal taking 43 cents for the 4 cards, they have taken $1.33. (Please save the "its only 90 cents comments." When you run a business and deal with this 15-20 times a week and realize in the end you are forking over an extra $500 to Paypal for no reason, it gets very frustrating).

There has to be some app out there that is making people pay for each auction individually which is absolute garbage - especially after I sent a combined invoice.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well this was meant to be in the baseball section. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] can you move it?

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you charge for shipping or are they all free shipping? I'm just wondering if its free shipping on all if it somehow shows separate payments. But if you adjust invoice to combine shipping should be 1 payment.

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS
    https://s42.beta.photobucket.com/

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rum151man View Post
    Do you charge for shipping or are they all free shipping? I'm just wondering if its free shipping on all if it somehow shows separate payments. But if you adjust invoice to combine shipping should be 1 payment.
    He does have free shipping on all of his auuctions. There is you problem Carl right there
    -Richard-

trizzo68
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem lies with the mobile app. I buy a lot on Ebay and have noticed I have to do each sale/ auction seperately, however, if I find the invoice in my email and click pay invoice, it combines all auctions won for that seller

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: I don't understand how this happens - ebay payments

Good use of the tag system
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
    He does have free shipping on all of his auuctions. There is you problem Carl right there
    If this is the issue, I might start to charge shipping, like $1 shipping now matter how many you buy. But then I'll have guys pay 10 cards with 10 different payments b/c they didn't wait for an invoice and want refunds - which I would obviously give but it would be a major nuisance if it happened frequently.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fournier View Post
    The problem lies with the mobile app. I buy a lot on Ebay and have noticed I have to do each sale/ auction seperately, however, if I find the invoice in my email and click pay invoice, it combines all auctions won for that seller
    This has to be it then. And it's not like Paypal is going to volunteer to fix this. Why should they? It's free money.

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably the mobile app then because even with free shipping it should combine all as 1 purchase, I was just taking a guess at what it might be.

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS
    https://s42.beta.photobucket.com/

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all you buyers out there with phone apps - please be considerate and wait for an invoice from the seller and pay using from your computer. It appears it doesn't matter if I send an invoice or not, I've had a couple customers tell me that the phone app makes them pay for each item individually.