Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I don't understand how this happens - ebay payments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Can someone clarify this up for me? It's very frustrating. I've whined about it before.

I had a lot of auctions end tonight and I sent out invoices immediately so if a buyer bought more than 1 card, it would be combined and I would get 10 payments for 10 cards and lose a chunk of change to Paypal for each payment.

First of all, whenever I've bought more than 1 item from a seller on ebay and I go to pay - ebay AUTOMATICALLY groups the items together and I sent one payment to the seller. That's not the case with me as a seller for some buyers. If I don't send an invoice, I will get 5 payments for 5 cards and so forth.

Is there some app out there on a phone that automatically pays for a card from your paypal account once you hit the BIN or something? It's crazy how much money paypal is making off of all these individual transactions. They are getting an extra $500 a year from me alone.

Anyway, I sent out invoices ASAP and I STILL had a customer pay for 4 cards in 4 different payments - all $1.09 each. So now instead of Paypal taking 43 cents for the 4 cards, they have taken $1.33. (Please save the "its only 90 cents comments." When you run a business and deal with this 15-20 times a week and realize in the end you are forking over an extra $500 to Paypal for no reason, it gets very frustrating).

There has to be some app out there that is making people pay for each auction individually which is absolute garbage - especially after I sent a combined invoice.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
well this was meant to be in the baseball section. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] can you move it?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Do you charge for shipping or are they all free shipping? I'm just wondering if its free shipping on all if it somehow shows separate payments. But if you adjust invoice to combine shipping should be 1 payment.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Do you charge for shipping or are they all free shipping? I'm just wondering if its free shipping on all if it somehow shows separate payments. But if you adjust invoice to combine shipping should be 1 payment.

He does have free shipping on all of his auuctions. There is you problem Carl right there

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He does have free shipping on all of his auuctions. There is you problem Carl right there

If this is the issue, I might start to charge shipping, like $1 shipping now matter how many you buy. But then I'll have guys pay 10 cards with 10 different payments b/c they didn't wait for an invoice and want refunds - which I would obviously give but it would be a major nuisance if it happened frequently.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The problem lies with the mobile app. I buy a lot on Ebay and have noticed I have to do each sale/ auction seperately, however, if I find the invoice in my email and click pay invoice, it combines all auctions won for that seller

This has to be it then. And it's not like Paypal is going to volunteer to fix this. Why should they? It's free money.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
It's probably the mobile app then because even with free shipping it should combine all as 1 purchase, I was just taking a guess at what it might be.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
To all you buyers out there with phone apps - please be considerate and wait for an invoice from the seller and pay using from your computer. It appears it doesn't matter if I send an invoice or not, I've had a couple customers tell me that the phone app makes them pay for each item individually.

Members online