0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    WOW! Huge card just posted!
    Wow, very cool card. Maybe this thing is getting some traction

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FWIW - as much as I'd love to claim some of these cards. They are for our community. And it has more value to me as something to better the community than it does as part of my collection. Bravo to the guys stepping up. Karma has a funny way of paying people back.

Senior Member mlbsalltimegreats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Menard View Post
    If you think I need to gain "internet points" in this forum, then you're XXXXtin yourself. I posted it in HOPES others would get the point and follow suit. I'm happy to hear someone else sent the guy some stuff. That's great! My points are simple - I've been around this board far long enough to know there was once a community of people who really just cared about being friendly to each other (for the most part), as have you HPC (and others), and a good chunk of that went down the drain and some good people disappeared because of it. Here came a great idea from a good board member with good intentions and it's greeted with more of the same B.S.

I just wish people here could focus more on helping each other with their collections, rather than slamming each other all the time. How can something so positive have gotten so negative? There were no expectations on others!

As for Kevin - I think his heart was in the right place. I'll have you know he claimed the Ortiz Sterling I put up for someone else and I didn't send it to Kevin. He also claimed the Bench for a fellow collector, probably just to get the ball rolling again since it sat for several days and put something else up. Sadly, it's not what many wanted to see, but I believe his heart was in the right place.

I'm just happy to see that Alex reached out, said enough of this, and put something decent back up to hopefully move it in the right direction and clearly, with ground rules now in place, perhaps that will help and others should now feel free to say "that's not acceptable," and this is in line with what the OP wants.

Happy Holiday and Peace and Love to all of you!

I agree with Bill on the Bolded, I dont think the guy put up Mcdonalds Coupons to thumb his nose at the thread or turn the thread to XXXX. It looked more of an add on to the cards he posted above the coupons. I understand what the person who started the thread was doing but with this day in age, too many different personality's, to many people with different values and to many people without common sense, there needs to be rules even though there should'nt be. The Whole thing went wrong from the very first swap bottom line! With JB posting the "Couple of things to keep in mind" pointers the thread should move in the right direction with the right intentions. I look forward to see how it moves from here on out.
    Last edited by mlbsalltimegreats; 12-12-2012 at 12:07 AM.

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet jesus mlbsalltimegreats that is a great card your offering up. Kudos man
    -Richard-

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be getting a couple nice vintage cards tomorrow so if nobody claims my 2 cards i may switch it to the vintage cards if I get them.
    i was going to use this card but it seems everyone is sticking with baseball

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS
    https://s42.beta.photobucket.com/

@Rookieaddict
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rum151man View Post
    I may be getting a couple nice vintage cards tomorrow so if nobody claims my 2 cards i may switch it to the vintage cards if I get them.
    i was going to use this card but it seems everyone is sticking with baseball
    They're sweet cards. I'm sure someone will snatch them up

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man im so stoked to get the Bo Jackson kinda funny cause I just found this at a thrift store today

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres my Bo Jackson Wall of fame

was so mad when I had to sell this one and been looking for one ever since

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad that Bo went to a collector, it is a beauty of a card
    Hope this idea stays on track going forward
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] I think we need a little input here, Waulk11 would like to claim my Braun card but I think he has already claimed 2 cards, I have no problem with it but wondered if we should wait to see if anyone who hasnt got a chance to claim a card is interested in any of the cards I posted
    Last edited by rum151man; 12-12-2012 at 03:06 AM.

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rum151man View Post
    I think we need a little input here, Waulk11 would like to claim my Braun card but I think he has already claimed 2 cards, I have no problem with it but wondered if we should wait to see if anyone who hasnt got a chance to claim a card is interested in any of the cards I posted
    I would say let them ride until, so Wednesday night early around 9ish for the left coast crowd. And then if not claimed let him have them, and then he can post something for the coffers
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the point of this "pay it forward" thread to help people build there collections? As long as someone is giving back quality cards to the community, then I say let them claim as many as they want. If someone was claiming all the good cards and offering junk in return, then I would understand putting a limit on what they can claim. When someone offers quality cards in return for quality cards, then I can only see it helping this thread.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the big deal in him claiming as many cards as he wants to claim and why our opinions on it matter?

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PadresFan86 View Post
    I don't see the big deal in him claiming as many cards as he wants to claim and why our opinions on it matter?
    I thought it would only be fair to let other members get a chance to see the cards before he got to claim another card, its late and a lot of members havent even got a chance to see the cards, but i guess I was wrong. I was just trying to do what I thought was fair to everyone but I guess carry on. [MENTION=5049]Waulk11[/MENTION] send me your info for the Braun.

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First come, first serve lol