Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy Thanksgiving Morning Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I don't see anything available for chat in this thread, looking at the bottom of the page. Phone app?????

And I REFUSE to buy a smart phone right now! Verizon sucks, but it's the best choice here.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
No

wlalocal or whoever (lol) showed off some Ethier's in the Patch thread, Alex

Yeah I saw those. He posts them quite a bit. I tried working a deal with him a while back, he was asking a good amount for a few of his cards I would have liked. I couldn't pull the trigger on them as they were just more than i wanted to pay.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys in the USA. Load up on the carbs in preparation for shopping tomorrow!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Yeah I saw those. He posts them quite a bit. I tried working a deal with him a while back, he was asking a good amount for a few of his cards I would have liked. I couldn't pull the trigger on them as they were just more than i wanted to pay.
Some day :)

Chris/George, Can we disable the post quote notification?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I want to wake up on Thanksgiving and celebrate Thanksgiving, not Christmas.

I don't wake up on Independence Day and celebrate Easter, I don't wake up on Groundhog Day and Celebrate Columbus day...

Why am I waking up on Thanksgiving, and all everyone cares about is Christmas?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Turkey is smelling good! Made a sage, rosemary and thyme butter rub which is inside, outside and under the skin. Brined it in an apple and veggie bath for three days before getting it into the roasting pan. It is now slow roasting in the oven:

ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1353608296.426843.jpg
ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1353608309.153405.jpg

Last edited:

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
I have a lot of GU cards that I have left from an auction win last summer for my GU set. I am thinking of sending it to COMC to sell for me and then use the credit for my next set venture!

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Alex - that looks AWESOME! Can I stop over for a little taste? Nice work!

I had to shave today for Thanksgiving pics with the wife. Unfortunately Movember was cut short...not like I can compete very well since I can only have a mustache in the oil fields...and I can't even grow that. Here's my commemorative pic this year...

534730_999000592979_1228685167_n.jpg

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Haven't shaved off my beard since starting it last year before hunting season. Needs a trim though.

I hope the Lions kick the Texian's a$$es. Off to bait some deer stands for the weekend and check the progress on the new fishing shanty. I still have a rifle buck tag, and an antlerless tag to fill by Nov. 30th. Dinner is at 5 PM.

Last edited:

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I haven't shaved since June 2nd. It's getting pretty awesome. Some girl at work told her I reminded her of some Duck Dynasty guy. Not sure if that's a good thing. Doesn't sound like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.