Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Gatorscardsnstuff
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxPax View Post
    You are correct, I would not want to, but I would (and have) if I mis-list something.....
    I agree with this statement. Ebay is always killing the little sellers & they would hold our feet to the fire over something like this. Plus who list an item at "book" value anymore anyway, not many especailly if they want it to sell. But I understand most people who are saying take the credit since you may not want to loss them as a resource in the future to buy from. Good luck either way.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now been firmly assimilated into the "take the hand-out" camp. You can't MAKE Burbank do anything, so you have two options: A) have $10 and no card (or some other card with the $10), or B) have no card, no $10, and a crappy story to tell people.

I would REALLY like to know what Burbank wants for that card though. Clearly, it's WAAAAY more than $10. Also, I find it odd that for a company that constantly gets complained about for not even knowing what card they are selling and can't be bothered to look up for you (and a myriad of other XXXXty customer service gripes), they certainly zero'd in on this card when it was going to cost THEM money.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Banned
    North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the 10 unless you can convince him to send you the card you purchased from him!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post
    I'd let it go. Not much you can do. Besides, you'll still get a $10 card for $1. But as far as Burbank goes, they are going above and beyond what most sellers would do. You'd figure they would eat it but sometimes you get sellers who try to make every single penny possible on even the smallest of items. This item, while worth more than a dollar, could be let go of relatively cheaply. I wouldn't find it odd if they had just offered it to you for the $10. It's not autod or gu or from a super heavily collected set.

Funny they brought up Beckett as last time I checked they don't price cards that low numbered due to scarcity. Do they even show a multiplier on this card?
    This is probably the issue with the BCI that I mentioned above. If there is no BV Burbank assigned their own value on their Beckett store. The system did not make the switch and eBay requires a minimum of a $1 BIN.

I would assume that the BCI put the $1 in as a default

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip it around and see if they will honor your purchase with you giving them $10. I don't know the card in question, but maybe they could "meet in the middle" or something.
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandruw25 View Post
    How would you make them Send you the card? Threaten to leave a neg? C'mon, they have plenty of feedback where a neg would mean nothing to new potential buyers.

Edited to add:

This doesn't seem different than a seller accidentally listing an item for a BIN of $0.99 when they meant to list it as an auction starting at $0.99.
    I know you cant make them send. What i meant was tell them you want the card. And i wouldnt threaten them at all. Request the card and if they dont send just leave the negative. But thats me because i dont care for Burbank. If its an obvious mistake like .99 instead of $99 or something i understand but seriously that pujols is probably only a $10 card. So i dont get the $10 credit. Just send the guy his card. I've made similar mistakes and even though its not my means for income i honored the sale because it was my mistake. Most businesses do the same thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just take the $10.

On a side note, doesn't Burbank usually lists cards at prices way above reality?
    Collecting Nolan Ryan, Chris Weinke, and Peyton Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id negotiate with them a little. If they are willing to offer $10 maybe they'll do $20.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Gatorscardsnstuff
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PadresFan86 View Post
    Lol, the entitlement attitude on here is hilarious. Someone always wants some thing for nothing.

Unfortunately, welcome to the new America. I want, I want, but I don't want to do anything for it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Quote Originally Posted by lambert58 View Post
    Unfortunately, welcome to the new America. I want, I want, but I don't want to do anything for it
    This is pretty much what the majority of people are saying in here. Burbank shouldn't sell you a card for one freaking dollar because their system messed up. They didn't even have to offer you the credit. Grow up.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Quote Originally Posted by PadresFan86 View Post

Yeah dude but then again, the seller messed up. I don't think that is an entitlement thing.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty, what do you guys think this card is really worth on a good day? I paid $50 for a bagwell parallel of this set #'d to 5. And IMHO I way overpaid. So what's this card worth?
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah dude but then again, the seller messed up. I don't think that is an entitlement thing.
    Sounds like their system messed up. A poster in this thread even explained how it could have happened since he also was a seller on the same Beckett site.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd think the Pujols is $20 on a good day.

In all honesty, what do you guys think this card is really worth on a good day? I paid $50 for a bagwell parallel of this set #'d to 5. And IMHO I way overpaid. So what's this card worth?

Collecting University of Michigan alum 1/1's in football and basketball. I also collect Ken Griffey Jr. autos, Chicago Cubs and Blackhawks, and Kobe Bryant autos.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast