Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I won a card on eBay from Burbank Sportscards and now they are trying to change the price of the card or offer me a replacement card. What should I do?

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
What was their explanation?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

First, I would like to thank you for choosing Burbank Sportscards. We appreciate the business.

While your order was being processed, we noticed a major problems we wanted to notify you about.

The software (Beckett) we use to upload our items screwed up on some of the prices, big time. This card is actually not $1.00. If you're interested in the card, I can get you the right price and you can send us the payment. If not, I can cancel the transaction or you can choose a replacement card up to $10.00

We apologize for this mess. Please let me know what you would like to do.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well since every auction has this in it..."Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing." they should eat it and give it to you at the purchase price. Sounds like they are passing blame to a 3rd party which is not your problem.....

Bingo, I'd forward that to ebay

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Offering 10X credit, seems like they are trying to be fair. Their inventory is huge, you should be able to find something.

Yeah, it sucks you didn't get the mega deal. But with the millions of items Burbank lists, I can see there being mistakes. I'd think 10X value is above and beyond recompense.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
If you want to be nice then take the refund. But if it were me i would stick to my guns and make them send you the card. Its not your fault they listed it incorrectly.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
what was the card and what's the difference in price? While I don't feel particularly bad for Burbank, mistakes do happen. Of course, Burbank certainly won't be hurt by eating their mistake either.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Nice buy on the Pujols if that's what you're talking about here. If it is that card I would make them send it.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I honestly do not know the value of the card...I just knew it was a limited Pujols card. The card is a 2004 Donruss Power Alley Die Cut Purple /25 Albert Pujols. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I noticed Beckett's site was majorly messed up last night so it sounds legit. Beckett is a joke. Mistakes happen. You wouldn't want to sell a card if you put the wrong price tag on it either.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I noticed Beckett's site was majorly messed up last night so it sounds legit. Beckett is a joke. Mistakes happen. You wouldn't want to sell a card if you put the wrong price tag on it either.

dont know what beckett has to do with anything. not just referencing just your post but Burbanks reply as well. The card was sold on Ebay not Beckett. If they got the wrong price from beckett its not the buyers fault.

Burbank is a business so they should just accept their mistake. If it was some joe blow then i could understand just taking a refund and moving on.

braves3331

Aug 19, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I honestly do not know the value of the card...I just knew it was a limited Pujols card. The card is a 2004 Donruss Power Alley Die Cut Purple /25 Albert Pujols. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

I honestly wouldn't know the value either, but I would assume any card of Pujols out of 25 would be a lot more than $1. If you really wanted the card for your collection and not to flip, maybe find out what their price is and I'm sure they'll be more than fair to you. They'd most likely throw in some extras as well.

Mistakes happen, and yeah you could hold it to them but I highly doubt they'd ship it to you anyway. They'd probably just take the negative and block you. Burbank has been a good source for some rarer cards (for me anyways) and not sure I'd ruin the relationship over an honest mistake that any one of us could make.

I think they're being fair with the $10 credit as well, and for your $1 spent you're still doing good should you choose that route.

Just my .02

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY

I won the card yesterday a little after 8:00 AM with BIN. Was Beckett having problems then? As a business they should act like Weird Al Yankovic and just "Eat It." I am sure I will work something out with Burbank.

Last edited:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
...Burbank is a business so they should just accept their mistake. If it was some joe blow then i could understand just taking a refund and moving on.

I certainly understand this, but I'd much rather only deal with real, professional sellers and hold everyone to the same standard - including joe blow. Professional sellers make transactions more predictable and cut out a lot of the messes all the joe blows cause on eBay every day.

On that note though, what Burbank is doing falls within the "right thing" or what I could expect a professional seller to do. Many less-professional sellers would simply void the sale, refund the $ and do nothing else other than issue an apology.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I kind of feel like if the seller was not Burbank, more people would say to let it go. I think the $10 offer is a pretty solid one.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wouldn't want to get on the burbank blacklist over this.... take the 10x value, find another card you need and keep moving... otherwise, who knows... You'll get into a cat and mouse game with a HUGE seller of cards over a card you purchased for $1 and wouldn't accept basically a $10 gift card for the mess up.

Personally, I've purchased a TON of stuff from BB and they always make things right with me.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Like many have said, take the $10 gift. You cannot force them to do anything. They could just cancel the transaction, give you nothing and that's that.

Members online