Picture of the gun used via CNN...

The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure not anyone can just go out and get meth.

You can buy a gun easily anwhere - gun shop, gun show, even some retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by PadresFan86 View Post
    I can't stand people who want to ban guns. Do you not get criminals will have access to them anyway and honest people won't be able to protect themselves? We make meth illegal but anybody can go out and get it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
    ffmancards.webs.com
    Collecting: Mickey Mantle, Tennessee Titans, HOF/Star rookies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elementary school shooting in CT - 18 children killed, 9 adults

"Guns don't kill people, People kill people"...I'm not giving my gun up for nothing, I'll protect my family and I against scumbags. Take away guns from people who can rightfully own one, that just leaves the criminals the only people outside of law enforcement who will have them. But that's just my opinion, I come from a family of Police officers, and I myself finished my post 6 months ago, guns for home security have always been a staple of my family.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider408 View Post
    "Guns don't kill people, People kill people"...I'm not giving my gun up for nothing, I'll protect my family and I against scumbags. Take away guns from people who can rightfully own one, that just leaves the criminals the only people outside of law enforcement who will have them. But that's just my opinion, I come from a family of Police officers, and I myself finished my post 6 months ago, guns for home security have always been a staple of my family.
    And you are obviously trained to use yours. I don't think most people in favor of changing gun control laws would think you are the problem or should lose your gun. There needs to be more nuance in the conversation. It is not and should not be as simple as guns for everyone or guns for no one.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgameman View Post
    Pretty sure not anyone can just go out and get meth.

You can buy a gun easily anwhere - gun shop, gun show, even some retailers.
    You're missing the point... guns right now are legal and meth isn't... the point is you can go get illegal things pretty easy even though they are illegal... SO, making guns illegal doesn't really stop those that want a gun from getting a gun... obviously if they are made illegal, you can't get them "anywhere - gun shop, gun show, even some retailers"

Hope I'm making sense, it's getting late at work and I want to go home lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    You're missing the point... guns right now are legal and meth isn't... the point is you can go get illegal things pretty easy even though they are illegal... SO, making guns illegal doesn't really stop those that want a gun from getting a gun... obviously if they are made illegal, you can't get them "anywhere - gun shop, gun show, even some retailers"

Hope I'm making sense, it's getting late at work and I want to go home lol
    Just because some people could still get a gun if they wanted doesn't mean nothing should be done about it. There are steps that can be taken such as outlawing extra capacity magazines and increased screening/evaluations for prospective gun owners that fall short of the prospect of completely outlawing guns which seems to worry so many while still producing positive change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffgameman View Post
    Now that we know the shooter killed his mother at home, why did he even go to the school?
    I watched Fox News report that the killer's mother was a teacher at the school. After he shot her, he went to her classroom. I was stupified when I heard that and I still am.
    Updated January 23, 2012 - Scott's Bucket

Verlander's No-Hitter Ticket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always guns that get the blame.
    What about violent video games and movies?
    Hell even youtube is filled with mindless acts of endangerment for the sole purpose of showing off as entertainment.
    Our children are brought up playing video games where the main objective is to kill as many people as you can, as quickly as you can.
    I realize not everyone is affected by violent images, but one has to wonder how many times someone who has a mental problem isn't shoved over the edge by playing sadistic and violent video games for the better part of their youth.
    I honestly believe we've all become somewhat numb to it all.
    Prays go out to everyone involved in this sad, sad situation.
    God help us all.
    David
    The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" never ceases two amaze me.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longbomberz View Post
    Just because some people could still get a gun if they wanted doesn't mean nothing should be done about it. There are steps that can be taken such as outlawing extra capacity magazines and increased screening/evaluations for prospective gun owners that fall short of the prospect of completely outlawing guns which seems to worry so many while still producing positive change.
    I don't disagree with your post... I never said I wanted to have people running around with guns and no laws but I am not one to be for banning guns all together... that's just stupid.

GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by archiebunkerjr View Post
    I watched Fox News report that the killer's mother was a teacher at the school. After he shot her, he went to her classroom. I was stupified when I heard that and I still am.
    I believe they also stated that the guns were hers. Which could explain why she is dead. Makes this even more confusing.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The false comparison between gun and drug is that, if both were illegal, I couldn't make guns in my basement, or a bottle in my back-pack. Again, I'm not for banning guns, but the guns/drugs comparison is ignorant, as the supply chain isn't even marginally equivilant.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people jump to conclusions when the words "gun control" are mentioned. Gun control does not mean taking your weapons away. It means adding regulation to ensure that crazy people cannot buy military grade assault weapons and fire 100 rounds into a school. Because I'm sure if something like that were to happen, and dozens of innocent children were killed then people would think twice about their hatred of potential regulations for gun ownership. I often hear the argument that if we're going to ban guns then we should also ban cars, because cars cause lots more deaths per year than guns. Honestly, I think we should take some of this car logic and apply it to guns. For instance, here in Texas (to legally drive my car) I have to have a minimum amount of insurance, register my car with the state, and get an annual inspection from a state licensed provider. Seems like a lot of regulation involved in me trying to drive myself to work in the morning! Why not have the same types of regulation for something that it designed specifically to kill someone else?

Also, I'm a gun owner. Glock .45 cal.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

"We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security." - Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." – Willard Romney

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hive17 View Post
    The false comparison between gun and drug is that, if both were illegal, I couldn't make guns in my basement, or a bottle in my back-pack. Again, I'm not for banning guns, but the guns/drugs comparison is ignorant, as the supply chain isn't even marginally equivilant.
    I guess all [MENTION=6726]PadresFan86[/MENTION] was trying to say is just because something is made illegal or banned doesn't mean people who want it can't get it... that's all. I think the topic is taking a turn for something totally different. I think we could start an entire new thread about gun control and let everyone vent their thoughts, feelings, etc. there lol

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labratt21 View Post
    I think people jump to conclusions when the words "gun control" are mentioned. Gun control does not mean taking your weapons away. It means adding regulation to ensure that crazy people cannot buy military grade assault weapons and fire 100 rounds into a school. Because I'm sure if something like that were to happen, and dozens of innocent children were killed then people would think twice about their hatred of potential regulations for gun ownership. I often hear the argument that if we're going to ban guns then we should also ban cars, because cars cause lots more deaths per year than guns. Honestly, I think we should take some of this car logic and apply it to guns. For instance, here in Texas (to legally drive my car) I have to have a minimum amount of insurance, register my car with the state, and get an annual inspection from a state licensed provider. Seems like a lot of regulation involved in me trying to drive myself to work in the morning! Why not have the same types of regulation for something that it designed specifically to kill someone else?

Also, I'm a gun owner. Glock .45 cal.
    Great post here.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    I guess all @PadresFan86 was trying to say is just because something is made illegal or banned doesn't mean people who want it can't get it... that's all. I think the topic is taking a turn for something totally different. I think we could start an entire new thread about gun control and let everyone vent their thoughts, feelings, etc. there lol
    And his argument is right; but the comparison is still faulty. And it's allowing faulty arguments and slippery-slope and straw-men and fear mongering that has prevented any real control of our gun problem from happening and is what's allowed this killer to have access to the weapon. And if anyone tries to argue that we don't have a control problem is XXXX'd in the head.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast