Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2170

Thread: The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dollar T Shirt day tomorrow. I hope to come back with a minimum of 50 shirts. Previous dollar days provided 110, and 72...

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 49 shirts, including a Small Mike Piazza Mets Jersey, and a Raiders Jersey. Now the work begins...

Gatorscardsnstuff
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASTROBURN View Post
    Got 49 shirts, including a Small Mike Piazza Mets Jersey, and a Raiders Jersey. Now the work begins...
    Hey Astro! I still do not know how you do it. I stopped buying shirts since I rarely sell the ones I have, maybe because I am just getting the wrong ones, but I don't know how you do it. It's a lot of work, so I stick to my yard sale and thrift store finds of other stuff now. Keep on going though, you have the knack!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question for you guys who sell shirts. I picked up these and was wondering what would be a good price for them?

One is a men's xl Tommy Hilfiger sweater new w/ tags with original price of $69.50

The other is a men's xl Tommy Hilfiger long sleeve polo shirt new w/ tags with original price of $55.00

Also picked up several Hilfiger t-shirts and sweaters that look new and show little to no wear.

I can post pictures if that would help.

Any help would be great.

Gatorscardsnstuff
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astroburn is the guy for this question. I suck at selling shirts, but I kept trying until I really realized I sucked at it. I sold a few and I bet most were new with tags, so that is a good thing you have going. What price did you buy them for? Based on that is where you start your selling price. If you paid under $5, I would start them at $19.95 with a buy it now of $29.95. You can always lower your price if they do not sell after a listing a few times a the higher price. just my thoughts.

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruitt2 View Post
    I have a question for you guys who sell shirts. I picked up these and was wondering what would be a good price for them?

One is a men's xl Tommy Hilfiger sweater new w/ tags with original price of $69.50

The other is a men's xl Tommy Hilfiger long sleeve polo shirt new w/ tags with original price of $55.00

Also picked up several Hilfiger t-shirts and sweaters that look new and show little to no wear.

I can post pictures if that would help.

Any help would be great.
    Some of the older ones can return some good $$$ I've sold some vintage jackets, and sweaters for good $$$

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS
    https://s42.beta.photobucket.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These were actually mine that were given to me years back when I was in college and didnt have much use for them at the time. They have been stored away since I have been married. So basically it's all profit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few pictures of some of the shirts:

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hilfiger is actually not my forte... I stick to graphic tees. I have had some good luck, such as selling a Stone Cold T Shirt for a hundred bucks, and an A's shirt for $35. But mostly I bounce around between 15 to 20 on my shirts. I usually do BIN, with best offer. Cant usually hit big profits on t shirts, as I have found out over the past two years. But quantity pays off, if people actually start buying more. Some days arfe definitely better than others, but lately i'd be hardpressed to sell 3 shirts over a day. Sometimes it spikes and I'll move 8. For example, friday zero, yesterday 2, today so far, one. People just arent pulling the trigger on my stuff no matter how i set the pricing. Slow week i guess...

Oh, but its also all about having the right item up when the right person is looking for it. I'm up to 900 items. I heard a good day is when you move 1% a day. I should be moving 9 shirts a day at that. I'm seriously under that.

angelcustomleather
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hilfiger is actually not my forte... I stick to graphic tees. I have had some good luck, such as selling a Stone Cold T Shirt for a hundred bucks, and an A's shirt for $35. But mostly I bounce around between 15 to 20 on my shirts. I usually do BIN, with best offer. Cant usually hit big profits on t shirts, as I have found out over the past two years. But quantity pays off, if people actually start buying more. Some days arfe definitely better than others, but lately i'd be hardpressed to sell 3 shirts over a day. Sometimes it spikes and I'll move 8. For example, friday zero, yesterday 2, today so far, one. People just arent pulling the trigger on my stuff no matter how i set the pricing. Slow week i guess...

Oh, but its also all about having the right item up when the right person is looking for it. I'm up to 900 items. I heard a good day is when you move 1% a day. I should be moving 9 shirts a day at that. I'm seriously under that.
    My friend does this and he's up to 5400 items and just started breaking 10+ sold daily after a year. I think his best shirt was a vintage Dio tour shirt that he got $250(I think) for. Thing about Ebay and graphic tees are all the Trademark Violation warnings. Not sure if you've been hit with any.
    Bucket.
    Looking for Garret Anderson, Tim Salmon and Chris Kaman.

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstmleather View Post
    My friend does this and he's up to 5400 items and just started breaking 10+ sold daily after a year. I think his best shirt was a vintage Dio tour shirt that he got $250(I think) for. Thing about Ebay and graphic tees are all the Trademark Violation warnings. Not sure if you've been hit with any.
    The only trademark violations I have come across (thru my dad really), was Hard Rock Cafe, and Monster Energy. Both items MUST have their brands on the shirt tags. If they dont, then they are knockoffs, and are heavily monitored on ebay.

angelcustomleather
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only trademark violations I have come across (thru my dad really), was Hard Rock Cafe, and Monster Energy. Both items MUST have their brands on the shirt tags. If they dont, then they are knockoffs, and are heavily monitored on ebay.
    He's actually got a few from those same two companies. The Hard Rock had a tag but they said it was a knockoff anyway. The Monster one was actually a race they had sponsored, they said he could relist it as long as he didn't use their name in the title/description. The last one I know he got was for a Sid Vicious tee.

I've received warnings/take downs from these.
    Grand Theft Auto
    Bioshock
    Minecraft
    Bucket.
    Looking for Garret Anderson, Tim Salmon and Chris Kaman.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the thread is kicking again. Almost almost almost yard sale season here. Went to 5 this weekend but only spent money at 1.

.25 each figured I couldn't go wrong.

throwbacks2_the_future
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstmleather View Post
    He's actually got a few from those same two companies. The Hard Rock had a tag but they said it was a knockoff anyway. The Monster one was actually a race they had sponsored, they said he could relist it as long as he didn't use their name in the title/description. The last one I know he got was for a Sid Vicious tee.

I've received warnings/take downs from these.
    Grand Theft Auto
    Bioshock
    Minecraft
    Red bull is the worst I got my account suspended for 7 days selling red bull new era hats

COLLECTING JEMILE WEEKS
    https://s42.beta.photobucket.com/

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rum151man View Post
    Red bull is the worst I got my account suspended for 7 days selling red bull new era hats
    I hate this stuff. If they can't prove you did not get it from some kind of promotion thus not paying for it some how. (Ie buying their drink) then why do tthey care you sell it. It should be ok for you to move something you don't have a use for.

I have gotten a few things with some kind of promotion and sell it locally, but it should not matter either way in my opinion
    -Richard-