Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
at an estate sale last weekend, i bought the lady's pin/button collection for $9. Found this 50s/60s Tennessee Sugar Bowl pin mixed in. Sold for $20 in a couple of days.

$_12.JPG

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Found what I think is a gamer from a local team, doubt it has value but I liked it. 91 Twins World Series sweatshirt and a vintage notre dame hat still with the tags and cardboard. Not bad for $1.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Found some old Auburn stuff yesterday.

Vintage ashtray.

$_12.JPG

Really old, handmade mascot Aubie.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Pretty good time to sell Auburn stuff. Also at the same sale they had framed pictures the people took of the scoredboard when auburn beat alabama and I scooped those up in frame for .50 each.

TonyH

Aug 9, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
Found some old Auburn stuff yesterday.

Really old, handmade mascot Aubie.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Pretty good time to sell Auburn stuff. Also at the same sale they had framed pictures the people took of the scoredboard when auburn beat alabama and I scooped those up in frame for .50 each.

Pretty sure the mascot is a Personality Pet made by Collegiate Co. in the 50's-60's.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Bought something today i know nothing about (but didn't want to kick myself later). -- it's a Louisville Slugger 'powerized' 125 K100.It's not super-clean, but it's complete.It's not 'endorsed' or anything. Worth the $6.00 i paid?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Found what I think is a gamer from a local team, doubt it has value but I liked it. 91 Twins World Series sweatshirt and a vintage notre dame hat still with the tags and cardboard. Not bad for $1.

Might have been used at the US Pond Hockey Championships.

I found this one at my goodwill. Gemini, with the same logo-crest on the front. I believe it to be worn by someone from that tournament.

75543_4736455094741_624956493_n.jpg

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I love that game and these came with metal figures. So for $1.50 I had to upgrade. Apparently new sets are $250 and a set like this (box has tape on it) would be at least $40 on ebay.

Classic board games are still great. I hope they arent going away anytime soon due to all of the video game stuff out there for kids.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I'm going to have a custom cabinet built for card and board games. I loved playing board games but as the youngest in my family once I got "too old" it was hard to get people to play. Now with my daughter I have a reason to play often
Classic board games are still great. I hope they arent going away anytime soon due to all of the video game stuff out there for kids.

Members online

Latest posts