Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The new FCB app is available on android. Check the google play store to update.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
After years on the iOS, I made the switch to android (galaxy s3) tonight. I've downloaded the app and am trying to figure out the difference with the iOS app.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I got the app, and it's pretty good! I just can't get through the level with the ice roof, and the three green pigs with hardhats!!! #frustrating!!

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
if you hit your menu button within the app it will pull up an option to select options for the app.

You can also choose settings after clicking 'more' in the top right corner from the main forums screen. I'm not able to access the in-app options from my menu button from my Droid Razr.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Push notifications amd cosmetic changes.

sent this from the new fcb app. go get yours.

The ios app has an option to automatically refresh the page when I enter the app. Does the android version have? I cannot find it anywhere. Then again, it may just be my ignorance with the os.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't think I'll update it when it becomes available for the iPhone. Very happy with the way it is now for me.

Glad most are enjoying the update though.

I like the look but wish I had not updated.

Push does nothing for me. Exit button is gone, so I have to force close the app in task manager every time. Threads pages no longer auto refresh, so I have to push refresh every time.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I like the look but wish I had not updated.

Push does nothing for me. Exit button is gone, so I have to force close the app in task manager every time. Threads pages no longer auto refresh, so I have to push refresh every time.

I'm not surprised

All you have to do is back out of the app and it's fine.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I'm not surprised

All you have to do is back out of the app and it's fine.

Tried that. No uninstall updates option. Only uninstall/install.

No need to be a smartass either. I'm not the first person to mention the "Exit" button and refresh issues.

The app looks great, but two of it's previous best features are gone.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
The exit button is your phones back button. Just back out of the app. The refresh button is under your phones menu button. I Assure you all of these features are there.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
The exit button is your phones back button. Just back out of the app. The refresh button is under your phones menu button. I Assure you all of these features are there.

As was mentioned by [MENTION=2201]thefatguy[/MENTION]jj, if you just back out of the app, it continues running, and you have to force close it in task manager.

And as far as the refresh BUTTON, I know where things are on my phone.
My point was, I never had to hit a refresh BUTTON on the old app.

It refreshed itself every time I backed out of a thread.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Yes, the app runs in the background. The reason that there is no kill button is that is because it's ment to run in the background. Most modern apps do this. If your phone isn't up to the task you can uninstall the app and visit the site in a mobile browser. We have thought of this as well and installed the mobile skin that looks pretty good on a phone screen.

And yes the push notifications were the primary reason for this update, they weren't the only reasons. The new design is slicker and runs faster than the old one.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Yes, the app runs in the background. The reason that there is no kill button is that is because it's ment to run in the background. Most modern apps do this. If your phone isn't up to the task you can uninstall the app and visit the site in a mobile browser. We have thought of this as well and installed the mobile skin that looks pretty good on a phone screen.

And yes the push notifications were the primary reason for this update, they weren't the only reasons. The new design is slicker and runs faster than the old one.
Again being a smartass because you don't like me.

I have a galaxy. It isn't about my phone. Its about the fact that I don't like XXXX running in the background for no reason.

Sorry, but I don't need to be that connected to fcb.

Members online

Latest posts