Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JUSTICE FOR ALL: David Justice family reality show in the works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
My ex-sister in-law was dating a Brave when Hallie was dating David. If I could just pass on the stories she told during this time would change a lot of attitudes toward David. Not cool on Justice's part.

So pass on the stories. There's nothing saying you can't.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't think he led any team to a championship. He was in the team and may have been a veteran, but he never struck me as THE GUY. That's like saying Tim Raines led the Yankees to a couple titles.

I don't remember Raines ever hitting a homerun that provided the role margin of victory in a deciding game of the World Series. But Justice did. He was fed up with the fact that Braves fans were giving up on the team, so he called them out and it ended up all over the papers. The next day more fans were booing him than cheering him at the start of the game. He goes 2-2 with a double, two walks and a solo shot to give the Braves a 1-0 win and the city's first and only championship.

He was a stud, but everyone tends to overlook that because he was injured a lot. In 14 seasons he played in just 1610 games, or just under ten full seasons. In those "ten full seasons" he managed over 300 homeruns, over 1000RBI and a .500 slugging percentage. And if you ask Chipper Jones who the leader was of that 1995 Braves team, he'd tell you in no certain words it was David Justice.

As a side note, one of my favorite stats of his is career strikeouts. He wasn't a prototypical power hitter who also racks up a ton of strikeouts. In fact, he retired at #97 on the all-time homerun list (he's well into the mid-100s now) and only a handful of hitters had 300 or more career homeruns with less than 1000 strikeouts, but Justice does. He has 305 homeruns and... 999 career strikeouts :)

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
How did a Justice thread get going with me missing out on all the fun?

.....In an effort to not de-rail this thread anymore, Justice was my favorite brave as a kid. I'll watch.

Obligatory showing off of my 1990 game used Justice fielding glove

.....And one of my favorite Justice cards (AKA: The card I won't sell to an MLB player)

That's a beautiful glove right there. It's not a firstbaseman's mitt so you know it's from after the Dale Murphy trade when he moved into right and caught fire. He hit ten homeruns in eleven games that August, finished with 23 homeruns in the second half of the season - his first half-season in the bigs.

And there must be a story behind the card...did you get an offer from a MLB player?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
alot collect far worse players . I collect Pirates and they don't get anything told on them LOL .
BTW welcome to the boards

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't remember Raines ever hitting a homerun that provided the role margin of victory in a deciding game of the World Series. But Justice did. He was fed up with the fact that Braves fans were giving up on the team, so he called them out and it ended up all over the papers. The next day more fans were booing him than cheering him at the start of the game. He goes 2-2 with a double, two walks and a solo shot to give the Braves a 1-0 win and the city's first and only championship.

He was a stud, but everyone tends to overlook that because he was injured a lot. In 14 seasons he played in just 1610 games, or just under ten full seasons. In those "ten full seasons" he managed over 300 homeruns, over 1000RBI and a .500 slugging percentage. And if you ask Chipper Jones who the leader was of that 1995 Braves team, he'd tell you in no certain words it was David Justice.

As a side note, one of my favorite stats of his is career strikeouts. He wasn't a prototypical power hitter who also racks up a ton of strikeouts. In fact, he retired at #97 on the all-time homerun list (he's well into the mid-100s now) and only a handful of hitters had 300 or more career homeruns with less than 1000 strikeouts, but Justice does. He has 305 homeruns and... 999 career strikeouts :)

I find this very all very interesting.

Yours Truly,

Albert Belle
12 seasons
1,539 games
381 HR
.564 SLG
961 SO

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I find this very all very interesting.

Yours Truly,

Albert Belle
12 seasons
1,539 games
381 HR
.564 SLG
961 SO

Awesome. Great to hear from you, Mr. Belle! How have you been? You had an incredible run for few years there, even had over 100 XBH's in one season, right? Incredible. Justice in his prime is at best a step or two under Belle at his prime, but I wouldn't want to take a guy like him if I were starting a team. Just my personal choice.

Best part is, Justice was traded to Cleveland in 1997 in large part to answer for the loss of Albert Belle. All he did was bat .329, slug .596 with 33 homeruns and 101 RBIs in 139 games, winning Comeback Player of the Year and "leading" the team to the World Series. Of course, the Indians lost in seven games, so neither Belle or Justice could take Cleveland over the top.

I know Belle had his own demons with alcoholism and violence, but what a competitor! 84% = a great collection MansGame!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Awesome. Great to hear from you, Mr. Belle! How have you been? You had an incredible run for few years there, even had over 100 XBH's in one season, right? Incredible. Justice in his prime is at best a step or two under Belle at his prime, but I wouldn't want to take a guy like him if I were starting a team. Just my personal choice.

Best part is, Justice was traded to Cleveland in 1997 in large part to answer for the loss of Albert Belle. All he did was bat .329, slug .596 with 33 homeruns and 101 RBIs in 139 games, winning Comeback Player of the Year and "leading" the team to the World Series. Of course, the Indians lost in seven games, so neither Belle or Justice could take Cleveland over the top.

I know Belle had his own demons with alcoholism and violence, but what a competitor! 84% = a great collection MansGame!

Thanks man... wasn't poking at Justice... I actually think he was a great player and well respected but others have their axe to grind... I knwo Belle has his haters, but what can you do lol

Thanks on the collection... he is my favorite player and I've worked hard to get a well rounded collection and think it's probably one of the best for his stuff but who knows

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Maybe Justice was a complete d-bag during his career. Maybe he wasn't. I doubt anyone on here really knows. But even if he was, a man can certainly change and most of us here probably did quite a few things in our twenties that we aren't necessarily proud of. Physical abuse is a completely different ballgame but I thought those rumors were proven untrue?

I've seen him at two signings the past couple of years here in Atlanta and he was as friendly and as talkative as any player I've seen recently. For whatever that is worth.

No reality shows for me however.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I thought Justice was a good player - hated how he always thrashed my Cubbies. He's the only player I ever had flip me the bird at a live game. My friend and I were on him pretty hard from the bleachers at Wrigley, and something about Halle was said. He gave us the double bird behind his back (so the cameras wouldn't see), but we totally deserved it. I do believe from circumstantial evidence he was a PED user, but I believe that about almost every power hitter of that era.

I'm just wondering what Dave is up to these days that justifies (word choice!) me watching him and his shorties in a reality show? Why do I get the feeling this is more about his wife wanting to be on TV?

Well, at least you have more to look forward to than seeing your guy's ex-wife on a horrible reality show (Baseball Wives). And sorry you have to put up with all the self-righteous posts here. I've had to hear it after Grace had his DUI issues. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and whatnot. Some on this board take themselves way too seriously.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Maybe my post seemed haterish? I liked Justice, he was good. Don't think he was great, but I guess that has no bearing on a reality show.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I was as big of a David Justice fan that there was from 1991-2000. I was a die hard Braves fan as a kid. Collected all his cards, got his autographs, jerseys etc.

But, I see no reason for this show to be made. There is absolutely no demand for him anymore. I know nothing about his personal or family life, but I have no desire to see it. Any entertaining aspect to this show will likely be completely contrived and scripted.

I have no idea if he ever hit Halle Berry or if took PEDs, but these links pretty much killed any chance of him being viewed as a wholesome, positive role model.

I understand where you're coming from, but he should only be seen on television as an analyst on YES.

Last edited:

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I was as big of a David Justice fan that there was from 1991-2000. I was a die hard Braves fan as a kid. Collected all his cards, got his autographs, jerseys etc.

But, I see no reason for this show to be made. There is absolutely no demand for him anymore. I know nothing about his personal or family life, but I have no desire to see it. Any entertaining aspect to this show will likely be completely contrived and scripted.

I have no idea if he ever hit Halle Berry or if took PEDs, but these links pretty much killed any chance of him being viewed as a wholesome, positive role model.

I understand where you're coming from, but he should only be seen on television as an analyst on YES.

Well, the producer is stating that the show would be a family-oriented, unscripted comedy that follows the daily adventures of Rebecca Justice (high-end furniture designer) and her husband, David Justice, and their three beautiful children. Writer/producer Ted Williams said "There are too many negative stereotypes on television. My goal is to change all of that by creating a uplifting family show that reflects family values and portrays people of color in a positive light." I think that's great and there is a need for this kind of programming. How many shows features minorities and celebrities in a positive way? That said, I think the chances it actually gets to air are slim, but I'm hoping.

I think if you saw Justice the man, the father, you'd see him differently than Justice the ballplayer, but I could be wrong. Frankly I don't know him personally so I can't vouch for anything more than I've seen or read -- and he was a terrible analyst on YES :)

You were a big Justice collector for nine years. Have any of that stuff left? :)

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Well, the producer is stating that the show would be a family-oriented, unscripted comedy that follows the daily adventures of Rebecca Justice (high-end furniture designer) and her husband, David Justice, and their three beautiful children. Writer/producer Ted Williams said "There are too many negative stereotypes on television. My goal is to change all of that by creating a uplifting family show that reflects family values and portrays people of color in a positive light." I think that's great and there is a need for this kind of programming. How many shows features minorities and celebrities in a positive way? That said, I think the chances it actually gets to air are slim, but I'm hoping.

I think if you saw Justice the man, the father, you'd see him differently than Justice the ballplayer, but I could be wrong. Frankly I don't know him personally so I can't vouch for anything more than I've seen or read -- and he was a terrible analyst on YES :)

You were a big Justice collector for nine years. Have any of that stuff left? :)

I still have everything that I collected as a kid, but I'm not looking to move any of it. I may not idolize him or even hold him in a high regard anymore, but it is still where I came from.

Latest posts