Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has there ever been a card show on a card forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Was just curious if this has ever been attempted? Thought it would be kinda cool to try to get more sale & trade action going. Basically set a date and start a thread where everyone post up a bunch of cards for sale and or trade.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
No, because then it would be like Tron, and I would get derezzed because [MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION] would have a real Ban Hammer to swing, and he would probably hit me with it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
There was a discussion a while back about setting up a "trade night" or the like. I believe it would work as there are many people who would like to make deals but don't frequent the trade boards because there's traffic but would show if they expected a decent showing. I am quite confident if somewhere spearheaded the idea it would get done, could become a weekly thing and eventually could build up the trade boards on the site...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
This was discussed, but I don't think anything ever became of it..

If you set it up so the cards were from $2 or so up to $100, you might get some interest..

I'd bring some cards..

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I'd love this. Maybe a few seperate threads though for organization. Something along the lines of:

Low-End Prospects (<$50)
High-End Prospects (>$50)
Current/Retired/HOF Low-End (<$50)
Current/Retired/HOF High-End (>$50)

Scrolling through 100's of low end prospects to try finding some HOF autos/patches would not be too appealing. If it was sectioned off, would make it easier for all.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Maybe we can get people to post in this thread if they would be interested, & maybe throw out some ideas on how to make it run smooth.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I would be willing to put some cards up for the cause. As far as ideas to help.....
maybe create a separate forum and date the threads by week so people don't use old threads. If the threads will be broken out by price and kind (prospect..vintage..HOF..etc) then date those. or if it is a single thread then everyone will have to detail what they have by using the title area when they make their post.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I like this and would participate. I think one thing that really helps with this site in making this possible is the chat feature. I wish we could get some sort of a better education on how to use it (for example, the chatrooms show up on one computer, but my laptop, they don't (the bar shows up for them and I can click chatrooms, but there is nothing listed there, where as on my desktop, there are always 4 or 5 rooms listed).

There could be a master folder, say "trade night 1/15 8pm-10pm", and in it, each of the "dealers" could have a thread, say "Bill Menard's Table" and in the thread you can post pics of the cards that are available and asking prices. Be great if they could somehow be sorted, like by sport and then by team or by year or brand or something along those lines. Then, if you like something at someones table, you could hit the chat button for that person and talk with them about a deal. Paypal or trade could be arranged and then executed.

One issue I will have is trading with people I don't know or don't have a solid rep here. I'd be a bit worried about getting scammed, especially if people found out about this "show" and starting coming to this site specifically to try and swindle. I can see it happening very easily. That is about the only negative I can see. With the chat feature, it should go very quickly as far as making deals. Hell, I'll even fire up the paypal on another window so that I can print and pack in real time and mail out the very next morning. This way the buyer gets their item as fast as possible.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
Maybe we can get people to post in this thread if they would be interested, & maybe throw out some ideas on how to make it run smooth.

If someone is taking a count, I would be in. I might be more likely to just price cards out on my spreadsheet and provide a link, but could be flexible. I'm more of a trader than a buyer/seller though, so something encouraging trading would be a nice addition to this site.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
If someone is taking a count, I would be in. I might be more likely to just price cards out on my spreadsheet and provide a link, but could be flexible. I'm more of a trader than a buyer/seller though, so something encouraging trading would be a nice addition to this site.

It would work better as a "transaction" night. members could post if cards are FS/FT or FT or FS or whatever. I would definitely be their as a buyer and in a support capacity.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I would be in as well. Mostly seller, with some buying. I would also help in any way possible. Maybe if we could set up a group of sellers that were accepted and safe, then each seller could make a $10 contribution to fcb, like paying for a table at a show. This money could go towards some prizes, to bring people in.

Greg

Members online

Latest posts