Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**Free Agency Discussion**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
So who do you want your team to get?

What do you think of the players signed to this point?

Do you believe Haynesworth will still perform to an elite level now that he's got his contract?

Do you think your team is doing enough?

Discuss.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i dont care about anybody but LT, i hope dumb*** aj smith figures out what the hell he wants to do...lt can still play at a highlevel and everyone seen it that last regular season game.

Aug 29, 2008
I'm amazed at the Redskins. I don't quite get how they can afford Haynesworth and Hall. I was reading something saying they were only like 8 million under the salary cap. I like the Haynesworth signing but not the Hall. While I think Hall will make some splash plays I always remember him gambling too much and getting burned when he was on the Falcons. I guess he played really well the 2nd half of last year on the Skins so who knows.

I like Haynesworth and I reallly wanted the Bucs to go after him. I think you might question if he is going to give 100% now that he got paid but I think its a risk worth taking. Having a run stuffing DT that can also play the pass is HUGE. I used to love watching Warren Sapp wreak havoc back when he was in his prime. Commanding double and triple teams each play frees up so much for your DE's and LBs to make plays. If he plays as well as he has the past 2 years I bet the stats of all the other DLinemen go way up.

Outside of maybe Housh I'm not thrilled at all with the rest of the FA. The Bucs have $60 million to spend and after losing out on Haynesworth there is really no one to spend it on. I think a lot of mediocre players are going to get big contracts.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
ross9013 said:
Philadelphia has $49million in free cap space, if they do not sign Houshmandzadeh and re-sign Brian Dawkins i'll go nuts.

yeah if they can get mcnabb an elite receiver paired with desean that team will be SICK! I would actually probably make them my SB favorite if they get a receiver, i mean look what happened when donovan had TO.

Aug 29, 2008
madman1978 said:
Steelers never chase big Dollar talent in FA
However we do to rework the OL and there are several Lineman available in FA
Have to wait and see

Did you hear anything about Jeff Saturday?? I had heard the other day that he had told his agent that he wanted to sign with the Steelers and play G but this morning I thought I saw he was getting ready to resign with the Colts.

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
madman1978 said:
Steelers never chase big Dollar talent in FA
However we do to rework the OL and there are several Lineman available in FA
Have to wait and see

Hey thats funny, neither do the Lions. I hope we go first 3 picks with some good defense and some O-line. I am sick and tired of hearing about taking a QB number one..

Aug 29, 2008
Wow, this might not be big for anyone else but the Bucs just traded for Kellen Winslow!! They gave up an undisclosed pick for him, still trying to figure out how high, there is speculation it might be as high as a 2nd. TE was definitely not a need but I think when healthy Winslow is as good a TE as there is in the league. Wouldnt mind if we made a run at Derek Anderson as well now.

Vincesanity

Feb 14, 2009
Temple TX
Saturday is staying in Indy

Hope LT Stays

Dawkins went to Denver, no biggie but sry Ross

Haynesworth is a beast but don't think the Redskins needed to spend that much, they will still suck, the Cowboys approach doesn't work. If i was building a team though he would be my #1 pick

If the Bucs only gave a 2nd for Winslow that was a steal, I bet its like a 1st and 5th.

Smooth move by Rex Ryan to get Bart Scott, he's in his prime, will help the Jets alot

Still waiting on TO to be moved....sigh

Really wish the Boys could get Ray Lewis but we don't need to over pay

What other big names are out there besides Lewis??????????????/

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I'm kinda shocked the Sage Rosenfels trade hasn't been mentioned as I think it is the biggest addition for a team thus far (in terms of a "need" that can put the team over the top). The Vikings now have a very solid starting QB in Sage but I am very sad to see him go (I think he is just as good if not better than Schaub). He is going to a team who's line can give him the protection & time needed to make the big plays. He's 6'4", has good mobility, a cannon for an arm (he can throw a beautiful spiralling downfield bomb), & will have a runningback in AP that will take alot of pressure off of the pass. I think the Vikings have just assured themselves a playoff spot (& at a GREAT price to boot)! :D

Aug 29, 2008
Vincesanity said:
Who is gonna throw to him....Bucs QB???

Hey now, Luke McCown is no worse than the QBs he's had in Cleveland. I still love this trade. I think draft picks in football are very overrated. I'll take a 25 year old superstar TE that has already had two 80 catch seasons as well as a pro bowl trip over a late 2nd round pick, especially after the disaster that was Dexter Jackson last year.

As you can tell from my sig, I'm very dissapointed on the dawkins signing but if the reports are accurate, there is no way the eagles would have offered him a 5 yr. deal. I say he plays maybe two more years tops.

Still a sad day and wondering if I should dump all my dawkins stuff now or buy a dawkins broncos jersey. Still love the guy but sad to see him in a different uniform now.

Aug 29, 2008
David Campos said:
As you can tell from my sig, I'm very dissapointed on the dawkins signing but if the reports are accurate, there is no way the eagles would have offered him a 5 yr. deal. I say he plays maybe two more years tops.

Still a sad day and wondering if I should dump all my dawkins stuff now or buy a dawkins broncos jersey. Still love the guy but sad to see him in a different uniform now.

Did they really give him a 5 year deal?? Or is that just what he wanted. I thought I had heard that the Eagles were only offering him a 1 year deal and the Broncos gave him 2 years.

Members online

Latest posts