User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: BGS DAMAGES CARD AND CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma_chi View Post
    Haha yes it was you! I just looked at my PM's and found the ones where you called me a miserable human being and said it was on account of neglect and parental abandonment. Knowing that, you are crazy and I definately think there is more to the story now. Maybe if you cry to them long enough they will give you a couple free gradings. Usually works for you right?
    HAAAAAA!!! I thought it was him also. I remember that thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Thanks, and I agree they provide a solid service to the hobby and business of card dealing. While the inconsistency and missed grades can be maddening, it's issues like this that bother me the most. The tragedy over this seemingly low-value issue is that it damages trust, even if only my trust-- for how can a person ever feel safe sending them anything knowing they can pull this stuff and pass it off as if they had nothing to do with it?

Anyway, it is what it is. You guys have seen what can happen and you are certainly now aware of the risks you take when sending them anything. Don't expect any help if something is damaged.
    My belief is that it is hard for someone to understand your frustration without going through the experience himself/herself. You did have a pretty good sub, right? Assuming so, at least there is something good you can take out of it. It's too bad that is seems everyone has to learn this lesson on their own.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he has been the author of a few classic threads. Like the one where he was trying to sell the Harper Refractor that was ungraded yet he was trying to sell for 9.5 prices because it looked like a 9.5. Also he has had major issues with BGS before. If I were him I would go with PSA i believe

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...-criteria.html

Sigma Chi Alumni-Arkansas State University
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Featured Contributor
    Vintage Corner

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I was thinking, but I just can't say what transpired for sure. I can only give my word it was as clean as the original scans when I sent it in. That's all. Not a huge financial problem with this, but I will now be very hesitant to trust them with handling anything I send them. Sad to say, because we need a good grading company like BGS in some ways, yet when this crap happens, it's like flies in the ointment, so to speak.
    It is essentially your word against theirs. They are not going to believe you any more than you are going to believe them. Seems to me you are at a stalemate with BGS and you either keep driving your blood pressure up and stressing over this issue or you can walk away and understand that you accepted the possibility that this could happen when you submitted your cards to BGS. They are human and sometimes things happen as grading is not an automated process. With that human process comes lying. Either you are lying or they are.......or potentially none of you are and you missed the flaws and BGS found them. Either way you need to move on from this as you will receive zero satisfaction from BGS on this issue. The only question is will you continue to use BGS after complaining about them so much? I assume you probably will.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to pile on but he says it's not about the money - but about turning a $50-$75 profit vs turning a card into a $10 afterthought.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
    My belief is that it is hard for someone to understand your frustration without going through the experience himself/herself. You did have a pretty good sub, right? Assuming so, at least there is something good you can take out of it. It's too bad that is seems everyone has to learn this lesson on their own.
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by mchenrycards View Post
    It is essentially your word against theirs. They are not going to believe you any more than you are going to believe them. Seems to me you are at a stalemate with BGS and you either keep driving your blood pressure up and stressing over this issue or you can walk away and understand that you accepted the possibility that this could happen when you submitted your cards to BGS. They are human and sometimes things happen as grading is not an automated process. With that human process comes lying. Either you are lying or they are.......or potentially none of you are and you missed the flaws and BGS found them. Either way you need to move on from this as you will receive zero satisfaction from BGS on this issue. The only question is will you continue to use BGS after complaining about them so much? I assume you probably will.
    I'm not driving my blood pressure up over this, don't worry.

But consider reality: you send a pristine card to be graded to the #1 grading company in the world and it comes back damaged and they do nothing to help you out on it, except ask you to send it in a second time and they look at it and send it back to you, without resolution.

I've provided the facts, esp for others here considering grading for the first time. One doesn't expect this crap would happen to them, but it does.

It never feels good to pay someone for an opinion of your property, only to see them damage your property, wreck the value of it, and then deny any wrongdoing.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Not to pile on but he says it's not about the money - but about turning a $50-$75 profit vs turning a card into a $10 afterthought.
    Again, it never feels good to pay someone for an opinion of your property, only to see them damage your property, wreck the value of it, and then deny any wrongdoing. I can live with the loss because I will have to and it's not a lot of money, but the reality of a huge company like that not taking proper action on this needs to be publicly noted for those who do in fact care about issues such as these.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he has been the author of a few classic threads. Like the one where he was trying to sell the Harper Refractor that was ungraded yet he was trying to sell for 9.5 prices because it looked like a 9.5. Also he has had major issues with BGS before. If I were him I would go with PSA i believe

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/foru...-criteria.html
    hah I remember that Harper thread

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rule #1 is never send your cards in top loaders. They hate taking cards out of top loaders. Its more likely to damage a card taken out of a top loader then a semi rigid. They suggest it on their site.

At least its not a high end card.
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmint View Post
    Rule #1 is never send your cards in top loaders. They hate taking cards out of top loaders. Its more likely to damage a card taken out of a top loader then a semi rigid. They suggest it on their site.

At least its not a high end card.
    Right...not too high end. It was a gorgeous gold ref RC though, and would have been a great add for an O's fan if it had been slabbed a 10.

What cracks me up a bit is how the manager asked to see the card and then writes there is no proof they damaged it. Why did I have to mail it back for him to look at it and come to that conclusion? Obviously he knows I can't prove it anymore than I did by sending him my original scans, giving him my word, and having someone he knows vouch for me. Nothing more I can do. My scans speak for themselves, unless of course you refuse to trust me, which he did, in essence.

I will not be sending in a lot of what I was planning to now, but will contact the manager to ask how I can ensure this doesn't happen again if and when I send something high-end in. If it's my word against theirs, and they make the final call, obviously I lose, which means all of us lose, if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, gotta go.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I'm taking sides here, but even if the card looks perfect, you still can't assume a 9.5, much less a 10. There is always human error even in the evaluation process, so nothing is guaranteed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All The Hype View Post
    Not that I'm taking sides here, but even if the card looks perfect, you still can't assume a 9.5, much less a 10. There is always human error even in the evaluation process, so nothing is guaranteed.
    Thats what cracks me up. Its one thing to even say its gem mint (as ref. to an older thread by the op) BUT to say for sure it would have graded PRISTINE is insane.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the same guy who demanded $100 premium on an ungraded card because his grading eye labeled it at least a 9.5 maybe even a 10 then got incredibly rude and defensive when people started questioning him. He is a drama queen and to prove it just look at his history and some of the other threads he created.

Sigma Chi Alumni-Arkansas State University
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the same guy who demanded $100 premium on an ungraded card because his grading eye labeled it at least a 9.5 maybe even a 10 then got incredibly rude and defensive when people started questioning him. He is a drama queen and to prove it just look at his history and some of the other threads he created.
    One of us is trolling, flaming, and slandering the other. I'll let the prudent crowd make the judgment call on who the real Drama Queen is around here. How many inflammatory posts do you need to make on this thread to show us what you're all about? Take a hike, Jack.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To expect a pristine 10 on a card is absurd. Temper your expectations and you'll be fine. You will never win riffing with BGS

Right...not too high end. It was a gorgeous gold ref RC though, and would have been a great add for an O's fan if it had been slabbed a 10.

What cracks me up a bit is how the manager asked to see the card and then writes there is no proof they damaged it. Why did I have to mail it back for him to look at it and come to that conclusion? Obviously he knows I can't prove it anymore than I did by sending him my original scans, giving him my word, and having someone he knows vouch for me. Nothing more I can do. My scans speak for themselves, unless of course you refuse to trust me, which he did, in essence.

I will not be sending in a lot of what I was planning to now, but will contact the manager to ask how I can ensure this doesn't happen again if and when I send something high-end in. If it's my word against theirs, and they make the final call, obviously I lose, which means all of us lose, if you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, gotta go.
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast