User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: BGS DAMAGES CARD AND CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that BGS compensatYoues every single time they knowingly damage a card. I can state this as fact considering I worked there for almost 7 years. Whether the card is $1 or $1000 if they damage it they pay. If they paid claims every time someone alleges they damaged a card they would, as someone stated in this thread earlier, be out of business. The number of people that send in cards with obvious flaws and claim they were damaged while in the possession of BGS is astounding. Also, as someone pointed out earlier, there would be no reason not to pay a claim on a $5 Arrieta card if they damaged it. I don't believe the OP knowingly damaged his own card but I believe that's what happened. The scans mean nothing. For all anybody knows, including BGS, there could have been any amount of time from the time the card was scanned raw and the time it was submitted to BGS. Anything could have happened before the card was sent.

For the guy that got the card that was damaged by the ruptured sleeve, that's a trickier situation. With the group submission the cards go from BGS to Phil to the customer. If the card is damaged from BGS to Phil then they compensate but if it is damaged from Phil to the submitter they don't. It is rare that an inner sleeve pops but if the card is damaged, shaken excessively, etc. then it can happen. If that happens in shipping from BGS they and their insurance company are responsible. If it happens second hand then they claim no responsibility.
    Please. They tried to rip me off after they damaged my card.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MallCopKJ View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Banned
     midwestsportscollections
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    going forward, i wouldnt use toploaders. they recommend Card Savers, and that's what most people use.
    +1, top loaders are bunk. card savers, penny sleeves, cardboard to bookend and secure taping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you really want to bring this back up after everybody saw through your tactics last time? I was employed at BGS at the time your situation went down so I'm well aware of everything that happened. I think for the sake of embarrassment for you it is probably better just to move on.
    SIG STARTS HERE

Here are my rules for buying and selling:

1. If I buy from you I expect either a delivery confirmation number within 72 hours of the purchase or I expect the item within 10 calendar days if delivery confirmation is not used. I will no longer accept excuses on this. If you can't meet these terms, then please don't bother trying to sell me anything. I'm tired of waiting 3 or 4 weeks to get items I purchase. If I buy from you and you fail to meet these terms, I will leave negative feedback and file a Paypal claim as "item not received".

2. If you buy from me you will receive a delivery confirmation number within 48 hours of payment being received.

3. I will state when I'm paying ebay prices for something, otherwise I expect to pay a little less. I will still offer more than what you would get on ebay after fees. Any offer I make will be the "delivered" price. Any offer you give me you are welcome to charge shipping on and I can accept or decline.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should i stop by the BGS booth today and YELL at them?
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
    should i stop by the BGS booth today and YELL at them?
    Do to them what FCB/BMB does to Kevin Burge at shows!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HPC View Post
    Do to them what FCB/BMB does to Kevin Burge at shows!
    [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION] crop dust?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCIII View Post
    Do you really want to bring this back up after everybody saw through your tactics last time? I was employed at BGS at the time your situation went down so I'm well aware of everything that happened. I think for the sake of embarrassment for you it is probably better just to move on.

My tactics? Spare me. You know nothing about my situation with them unless you are Jeromy Murray. And is that supposed to be a threat? You think you're going to embarass me? That's comical.
    Last edited by MallCopKJ; 01-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tactics? Spare me. You know nothing about my situation with them unless you are Jeromy Murray. And is that supposed to be a threat? You think you're going to embarass me? That's comical.
    Nah, I'm not going to embarrass you brother, you've already done that yourself. I'm not threatening anything, I'm just curious as to why you would bring this back up when it didn't go well last time. I was in Boston when you brought the Williams card in and I was employed at BGS when you started the thread regarding the Williams so yes, I know exactly what happened.
    SIG STARTS HERE

Here are my rules for buying and selling:

1. If I buy from you I expect either a delivery confirmation number within 72 hours of the purchase or I expect the item within 10 calendar days if delivery confirmation is not used. I will no longer accept excuses on this. If you can't meet these terms, then please don't bother trying to sell me anything. I'm tired of waiting 3 or 4 weeks to get items I purchase. If I buy from you and you fail to meet these terms, I will leave negative feedback and file a Paypal claim as "item not received".

2. If you buy from me you will receive a delivery confirmation number within 48 hours of payment being received.

3. I will state when I'm paying ebay prices for something, otherwise I expect to pay a little less. I will still offer more than what you would get on ebay after fees. Any offer I make will be the "delivered" price. Any offer you give me you are welcome to charge shipping on and I can accept or decline.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that embarrassed me about that situation was admitting that I let a company who lied several times damage my card.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the same guy who posted regarding the allegedly damaged Ted Williams last month?

Oy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that embarrassed me about that situation was admitting that I let a company who lied several times damage my card.
    Still no scan?

brewtowncardboard
     jordo2323
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm honestly a little surprised this thread has made it thus far.
    ----------SIGNATURE STARTS HERE-----------

FOLLOW SHEETSKOUT ON TWiTTER!

PHOTOBUCKET PROSPECTS

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BGS damaged my card and refused responsibility. Same is the case with MallCopKJ, quite obviously.

I had a big-time dealer interested in a card of mine that was worth well over $1000. The card was in a screw down clean glass case-holder. The same card had recently sold on ebay for $4000 graded. I told him the card should be graded, but I was willing to take an offer on it if he wanted to offer. He examined the card and really liked it and saw if he bought it and graded it, he could make some serious cash. The card had no damage whatsoever. To verify this point, he took out a screw-driver and opened the case, while holding the case in his left hand. As you know, those screw-down cases don't leave a deep well for the card to sit in, and since he opened the case without putting it on his countertop, the card began to slide out between the glass pieces as it opened. He began to fumble the glass pieces in an attempt to stop the card from falling to the dirty concrete floor. The glass pieces slipped as he pinched down on the card and the card and glass all fell to the ground. The card landed on it's front, on the filty, sandy concrete floor, out of it's glass holder now, and having been gouged by the glass holder as he tried to stop it from falling. Once on the floor, he just pinched at the edges hard, but couldn't pick it up, so he stuck his thumb/thumbnail under one edge while dragging it slightly on the floor, bending it slightly to pick it up.

My heart had stopped for about 20 seconds, it seemed.

He puts the card back in the screw-down case bottom part and starts to examine it. Now, it's got a gouge mark and several scratches on the surface, not to mention who-knows-what to the edges, and or any bends/creases. I took one look at it and told him he damaged the card. What was his response as he handed it back to me?

"You can't prove it was damaged here...that I did that."

Sound familiar?

Well, after about 20 minutes of rather heated discussion, he realized he made a mistake and had to pay for it. Fortunately for BGS and their new manager, I'm not standing in the office discussing this BS. Had I not been there when this dealer above dropped my valuable card, I'm sure he would have given me nothing for it.

For all you BGS cronies, the rest of us see through your trolling tactics. The point is clear: they can f-k up anything they want and claim no responsibility whatsoever.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast