User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 143 of 143

Thread: WARNING: BGS DAMAGES CARD AND CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT

  1. #136
    Senior Member Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,840
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    If this is all true, then he asked the grader what happened and the grader said nothing, which means the card would not have been damaged, and yet it was. Jeromy then would have to go on his grader's word vs mine. I see.

    The card was damaged after it left my home. Not sure why that's so hard to figure out here? And, given the fact it wasn't damaged in a penny sleeve and top-loader during a very secure shipping, there is only one reasonable conclusion, and you know what that is.

    Jeromy, assuming all you said above is true and he would make an honest decision, is not then aware of who damaged the card in question or how the card was damaged. That's all. In the end, however, it was, and he did nothing for me about it. That's the point. Try, for five seconds, to imagine this happened to a card you sent in. What would you do and would you want other collectors and dealers to know this s--t happens? Yeah, you would.
    You act like you know for sure Bgs damaged your card but you do not know that. Were you with the card every second it traveled from you to Bgs? I think you know the answer. Btw you are making such a stink over a TWO dollar card. (There is NO way you can know it would have graded pristine)
    2010 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Num Rookie Jake Arrieta Orioles | eBay

  2. #137
    Senior Member bmp1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,712
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    You act like you know for sure Bgs damaged your card but you do not know that. Were you with the card every second it traveled from you to Bgs? I think you know the answer. Btw you are making such a stink over a TWO dollar card. (There is NO way you can know it would have graded pristine)
    2010 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Num Rookie Jake Arrieta Orioles | eBay
    Not making a stink, but others are.

    Just alerting the public to what happened. As I said in the original post, you guys can draw your own conclusions. I'm not here to convince, but to tell what happened. Believe whatever you want. What I have shared is true.

    And no, it's not a $2 card. I would have gotten roughly $75 or more had it gotten a 10. $50-75 for a 9.5. But, BGS wins. Whatever they say goes. I see how they play and I understand the risks better now. I hope other reasonable people here can also see what I'm saying re risks.

    Have a nice day.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

  3. #138
    Senior Member cubfanbudman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,235
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    WARNING: BGS DAMAGES CARD AND CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT

    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    As I said in the original post, you guys can draw your own conclusions. I'm not here to convince, but to tell what happened. Believe whatever you want.

    Everyone has pretty much told you otherwise and you failed to hear what everyone is saying. You are trying to convince everyone that BGS is crooked and that they damaged your card

  4. #139
    Senior Member bmp1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,712
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfanbudman View Post
    Everyone has pretty much told you otherwise and you failed to hear what everyone is saying. You are trying to convince everyone that BGS is crooked and that they damaged your card
    I'm the only one here who ever saw the card in person. Why would I send in a card so badly scuffed up when even as a BGS 10 it's not worth that much? Think about it. The vast majority of my submission got gem mint or pristine grades. Do you really think I would miss THREE areas of frontal damage on a low-value item I spent more time with than the others?

    They damaged the card. You guys can make this personal and rage on me and hate me all day long. It doesn't change the facts. Keep submitting. When it happens to you, you will understand, as one poster mentioned. Until then, you won't.

    Not saying they are "crooked." It's possible Jeromy was lied to by the person who damaged it, and yes, that person knows what happened, whether Jeromy knows or not. Either way, he didn't resolve it by trusting me, or the scans I sent him. Moreover, as mentioned already, he didn't explain to me how he arrived at his conclusion, if indeed he ever looked at it or investigated it. The sticky note returned to me was not signed.
    Last edited by bmp1971; 01-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

  5. #140
    Senior Member RiceLynnEvans75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    3,264
     diamondlegends
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    WARNING: BGS DAMAGES CARD AND CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT

    The OP could have damaged it. BGS could have damaged it. If an actual person damaged it they may/may not know or be aware. It could have been damaged in the mail regardless of how well it was packed. It could have been damaged in the slabbing process. Someone could be lying. Someone could think they are telling the truth but are actually wrong. All I take away from this is "shat happens".

    This whole fiasco is so full of things that could have actually happened that its just silly to say anything definitive unless two parties were at each and every stage of the process.

  6. #141
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,676
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How this thread has got this far is comical. Reread what Joe said some people are never gonna be comfortable with letting their cards go. Some of us know Joe very well and can vouch for their honesty and character. Joe did not have to get involved in this thread but he did. I can't see anyone doubting anything Joe has said. He doesnt even work for BGS anymore but remembers you clearly. LOL. That speaks volumes for plenty of us reading this nonsense. Your crusade to warn the fcb public about the wrong doings of BGS is comical let it go.
    [B][SIZE=3]

    JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

    My current hot RC EBAY auctions. https://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

  7. #142
    Senior Member bmp1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,712
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmint View Post
    How this thread has got this far is comical. Reread what Joe said some people are never gonna be comfortable with letting their cards go. Some of us know Joe very well and can vouch for their honesty and character. Joe did not have to get involved in this thread but he did. I can't see anyone doubting anything Joe has said. He doesnt even work for BGS anymore but remembers you clearly. LOL. That speaks volumes for plenty of us reading this nonsense. Your crusade to warn the fcb public about the wrong doings of BGS is comical let it go.
    Glad you find it funny, bro.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

  8. #143
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,265
     GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a way to end this whole thing. Let's make this the last damn message.

    Thank you

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •