User Tag List

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Albert Belle - Show me what you have!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Crazy but if my math is right, I need 4 more cards for my goal of 90%.... just got one in hand today... have another on its way... another on the watch list... if all that goes well, that would leave only 1 card needed! Wow, that would be crazy...
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but what do you use as your checklist? I've got an old Beckett checklist, but it is not consistent with what is currently on their site.

Thanks

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenballer View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but what do you use as your checklist? I've got an old Beckett checklist, but it is not consistent with what is currently on their site.

Thanks
    I pay for Albert Belle player pricing on Beckett and it includes a live checklist for his stuff. I know there are other outlets that do checklists and clearly there are cards not included but I use it as my bible. I also have ~50 Belle cards which are not included for various reasons but it's the best checklist I've got to use. Also, I work very closely with Beckett and making sure his checklist is as accurate as possible. Probably assisted in removing a half dozen cards which were listed and don't exist and also fine tuning how the rest of the list is shown. Plus getting cards added by sending them scans and proof they exist, etc.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pay for Albert Belle player pricing on Beckett and it includes a live checklist for his stuff. I know there are other outlets that do checklists and clearly there are cards not included but I use it as my bible. I also have ~50 Belle cards which are not included for various reasons but it's the best checklist I've got to use. Also, I work very closely with Beckett and making sure his checklist is as accurate as possible. Probably assisted in removing a half dozen cards which were listed and don't exist and also fine tuning how the rest of the list is shown. Plus getting cards added by sending them scans and proof they exist, etc.
    That's where my chipper checklist came from it's just a few years old. I recently checked it and there are some cards added and some removed. I think there's some that were removed but they exist. Maybe I'll spend some time updating and just document the changes. Thanks for the info

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenballer View Post
    That's where my chipper checklist came from it's just a few years old. I recently checked it and there are some cards added and some removed. I think there's some that were removed but they exist. Maybe I'll spend some time updating and just document the changes. Thanks for the info
    I would revisit it if I were you. I always find it fun to fine tune my checklist and make it as up to date as possible. That is part of the fun for me at least.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need two cards for 90%... one is in the mail headed my way... just need 1 more... bump to see what might be out there

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought I'd say this but down to one card for over 90%... Probably running a contest once accomplished

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Mac!

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought I'd say this but down to one card for over 90%... Probably running a contest once accomplished
    That is so cool, congrats! Can't wait to see it. Also love that it's card 2,600 that's going to put you over the edge.

How often do you find yourself checking one off the list?
    Jonny Gomes Collection:
    501/510 (98%)_______134 1/1s_______313 Autos_______25 Bats_______17 Jerseys

Wantlist: Reward Offered

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LWMM View Post
    That is so cool, congrats! Can't wait to see it. Also love that it's card 2,600 that's going to put you over the edge.

How often do you find yourself checking one off the list?
    Yea, pretty cool, never thought I'd see the 2,600 mark... just need a few more in hand and I will be there... oh and Topps to not include Belle in any upcoming sets hahaa

Not as often as you'd think... I will go back and look but I am guessing one a month if possible...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Mac! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trade I was working on went no where and fell apart... good news is i think the card to put me at 90% is in the mailbox when I get home from work... another Belle is on my watch list on eBay, so it shouldn't be long before I hit the mark

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 more to go technically... thought adding this last card would be my magic # but technically I'm at 89.99% and have not clipped 90% haha... couple things brewing, hope they happen and I can celebrate the feat... going to run a fun give away or something on here afterwards.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUGE shout out to [MENTION=12560]Gjb70[/MENTION] who not only sent me my 2,600th Albert Belle card but it was the card that put me over the 90% threshold for the first time! Wow, I am somewhat speechless but he is a great dude and someone who I have enjoyed collecting against and along side now. We have helped each other a few times and hope to return the favor here soon. Just another example of great people on this board that I have met over the last 7 years.

I honestly can't believe I clipped the 90% mark, just never thought I'd do it. I am going to create a giveaway thread here soon in celebration and probably show off some of the cards, etc. Thanks to all those who have helped me along the way, wow, just never thought I'd see the day haha

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work guys...

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it Mac! Congrats on finally hitting the 90%, that's truly an incredible feat! I was glad to begin to return the favor for all the help you given me in the past.