Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good morning.

Damn cold today. -17F with the wind chill makes it the coldest so far this winter. Brr.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Good morning.

Here's a 4-player rookie card, gold insert, from '93:

GoldPiazza_zps79b6d7a2.jpg

Very nice choice Pete. I have soooooo many of those, lol.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning everyone!

I had a very nice mailday yesterday, will post in awhile. After seeing Steve-O's stream, I'm like Eric. I am second guessing my collecting focus. Prospects are nice, but their is too much volatility in the market. I'm thinking I'm going to be moving a lot of inventory here in the next couple of months.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
From AIC's team break #2

Image.jpg

From Houdini's 10 case auction draft, and the Gio is from a fantasy league group break that Houdini ran.

Image (2).jpg

I also had Andrelton Simmons slot in the player break. Received 26 base Rc cards, and 3 blue refractors /250. Didn't hit a single refractor /300. Only the Rc refractors are numbered, not the prospect refractors. I also had Rashad Brown, who for some reason I'm collecting. I received 20 base, and 3 non-numbered refractor cards.

It looks like I could move the Almora cards for some really nice Eddie Mathews Rc's, Ron Santo Rc's, etc. Someone hook me up with a PSA account!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning men

Chilly here to say the least.. single digits with the wind chill. As usual I have some stuff to do around the house and I want to get a little workout in as well.

Have a grest day everyone!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Morning all. Coco Puffs for breakfast. Brewing some sweet tea. Question for everyone.... Is it more frustrating to lose a card to a fellow player collector or to a set collector?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all.

Hendersonfan, for me it would be slightly worse to lose a card to a set collector as there would seem to be less of the desire to add to a singular collection and more just to fill a gap.

They are going to do a planned power outage in our neighborhood today. Did one last week, too. The wording on the notice is ambiguous at best, saying that it may be affected from 8am to 4pm. Last week it was off from about 830am-10am, so hoping they do the same this time. Got a bunch of computer work to get done today and may have to schlep to the library.

Semester starts on monday, and i have mixed feelings about that...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Planning on heading home after class for the weekend. I only have one class on Friday and he said we won't be doing much, and he doesn't take attendance like the other 2

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
How come on Facebook when I go to look at birthdays it shows Barry pace Born on: 1 ( [MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] ). What does that even mean???

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good morning.

Class today. Just note taking.

I took advantage of some free time this morning and went and found this town's ice arena. I didn't go inside, but I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw.

I think hockey is starting to push it's way into the final frontier of Minnesota.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Good morning everyone. Steve congrats on the moose.

How did your guys break go last night?

Today is my Friday. I'm looking forward to my 3 days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.