Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===========Morning Thread===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just ordered 3 more boxes of 2012 Draft and one box of 2011 Draft. Don't know when I'll get to open them though since I'm having them shipped home, and not to school here. I may have to make a special trip home this weekend to pick them up, and show my family my car. I was able to come home, which was about 420-435 miles with $39 in gas. I wasn't complaining one bit when I went to put gas in it this morning

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Good afternoon, all!

Happy today for two reasons:

1.) A fellow University of Delaware (Go Blue Hens!!) alumnus won Super Bowl MVP!

2.) Learned this morning that 2011 Mike Trout base cards were going for much, much more than I woulda thought. Looked in a few boxes and found 5 Topps Update RCs and 1 Bowman Chrome. Nice lil surprise.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good afternoon all!
Got out of class a little early due to we're down to 1 1/2 days left.
Decided to make one final trip to the LCS that's been so good to me since I've been here.
They had a 50% off Super Bowl Monday sale on all their singles so I picked up this '59 Musial for $25.00.
IMG_0893_zps4ff87cd5.jpg

Looks better in person but my scanner is at home.

I had $40.00 in store credit and used it to buy 7 packs of 2012 Bowman Chrome.
5 packs in I saw red and pulled this:
IMG_0891_zpsd014ce1a.jpg

Mark Trumbo Red Refractor.
Shame it wasn't another Angel with the initials M.T. but I won't be picky for my first red refractor pull.:cool:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good afternoon gents! Busy day off and finished a round of errands. Also won a BOOM! of a card via best offer this morning too ;) something for the HOF PC and will be the biggest HOF autograph I will have in the collection.

Also...a few pics from the final bottling of beer:

Final hydrometer reading looking good at around 4.5% alcohol per volume:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360014162.729447.jpg

Siphoning from the fermenter into the bottling bucket:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360014253.344055.jpg

Filling the bottles:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360014357.285140.jpg

First capped bottle!
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360014377.859153.jpg

The finished bottles:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360014393.211705.jpg

And now the final wait begins. In two weeks I will test the first bottle for carbonation and depending on the test it will either be ready or another week or two wait.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
eh, i disagree. yes he stepped up but i dont think he is a top 10 or hell even top 15 QB in the NFL. Im just afraid theyre going to pay him for this super bowl performance and not how he usually plays.

Why such hate? lol

sure hes not as good as Andrew Luck, but not everyone can be ;)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Dangit Alex! I told you that when my wife saw your kitchen she would start talking remodel...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
A big THANK YOU to GC for the Ted Williams die cut card and to Ralph for the regular/jalapeño.:D

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
way too much trouble for those beers . give me the Mason jar stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nasty to see in the woods but ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh i liked it

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Alex (Herr Brewmeister) That looks awesome!!! Are you going to experiment with flavoring once you get the process down?

Thanks Dave!!! Yeah, considering how this one turns out I think I am going to try a clone recipe of either Blue Moon or Shock Top and then will do what I can flavoring wise after that. I'm more prone to doing something that would pair well with a lemon or an orange versus an all out flavor additive.

Agreed! Terrific pictures and chronicling of the process.

Dave - great day at the LCS! Musial looks great and congrats on the Red/5!

Thanks Bud! Was a fun process all the way so I hope the end result is at least somewhat satisfying hahaha!

NIIIIICE ALEX!!

Thanks E! Hopefully the flavor is just as NIIIIICE :)

Dangit Alex! I told you that when my wife saw your kitchen she would start talking remodel...

Hahaha! Thanks for the compliment :) It was all just surface and tiling so it was easy on the wallet ;) Have fun yourself and hopefully this is more of an inspiration versus a complaint LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts