Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===========Morning Thread===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thats_racist.gif
thats_racist.gif
thats_racist.gif
thats_racist.gif
thats_racist.gif

A_Pharis

Thanks, guys!
Yeah, the whole DC changes at the USPS is wonky. I sent out a couple of things today first class that seemed like $0.50 higher than it should have been.

A story behind one of the things I shipped out:

A few weeks ago we had a small card show here locally. A buddy of mine who puts it on was wanting to see my DK collection so I took it up there and laid it out for "public viewing." Not many collectors/eBay users around here so there was a ton of Ooohing and Aahhhing. Everyone loved the collection.

Anyway, a rather old gentleman - maybe 75 to 80 - comes up, looks at them and asks "Did you get these signed yourself?" I explained to him how they were rereleased, and he was amazed... to the point where he asked me if I got them signed, again, a few minutes later. Something else he kept repeating was that he, too, loved Diamond Kings. He even carried a checklist in his pocket of the 1986 DK inserts. He was missing only one, and he asked me a few times if I had it.

I told him I didn't (I was always polite when I repeated myself), but I told him I'd gladly help him locate it. I got onto eBay on my phone after getting his shipping information and purchased the only copy there for waaayy more than what it was worth ($3.00 or so). It came in the other day, got shipped out today, and I hope it makes him happy to finally check off the card on his checklist. It was pretty heart warming.. this guy has probably been going to every tiny show in search of a card that most of us would crap on, burn, piss on and bury. I mean... he was reallllyyyy wanting this card. So - I hope it makes his day:

$(KGrHqMOKiME5d-BywOtBOjLIfQUYQ~~60_57.JPG

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nice story Adam! And with the DC, I believe it is called USPS Tracking now, and there is a number below the address on your receipt that you can type in online. I haven't tried it yet though, I just hope that the packages get there safely :lol:

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Great story indeed, Adam! Good for you going that extra mile for a stranger. And I'm sure it takes us all back to that period, those of us that were collecting then anyway.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Awesome thing Adam. I have that card, in one of my junk boxes. Could've had it for free lol.

Hitting the sack fellas. Tomorrow is going to be a crappy day. Taking half of Wednesday off to pick up my new phone though, so I'll struggle through tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts