Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Group Sub - February - Post Lists Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
This thread is making me really nervous, I participated in the March sub and am now worried.

Is there any bias with large subs like this? Does one grader grade our entire sub?

I have done two other group subs on blowout and we as a whole did well on both and I did well.

So my question is (some sarcasm here) did you guys all submit non worthy 9.s or are all of you seasoned graders and you really did just get killed by the grader or biased in some way?

I'm genuinely curious since I typically do better with group subs than by myself.

Well, got my 20-day sub back (thanks for the shoebox packaging Phil!). I noticed one card immediately that got a 9.5 overall but had a diamond cut centering. In the past, I know it's an automatic 8.5 centering grade but not this one (it got a 9). Of the ones that didn't meet the minimum grade, I got hit on the corners. So, it seems that the corners are this graders "big thing", so he focused on that more closely and had centering as second or third...

Still happy with a 9.5 overall but damn, I could see that diamond cut a mile away!

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I also got my 20 day back and on top of all my 20 day subs that didn't meet my min. being sent to another member, both my 10 and 20 days had cards come back with chipped and scratched cases. Def not a good sub at all for me.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
got mine last night. Thanks Phil. I got one of mine returned because of diamond cut - what does that mean?

Hard to explain but basically, the card was not cut evenly on the top. You can see it "slanted down" when you look at it closely.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
It means that the card was slightly miscut so that it doesn't have 90-degree corners. Think about only the bottom edge of the card. While it appears flat, the distance between the card border and card edge on one side will be different than the distance between the card border and edge on the other side. The easiest way to notice is to place the card in a magnetic one-touch and notice how the botton edge of the card does NOT run perfectly parallel with the bottom edge of the card holder recessed edge. You can also notice by placing the card in a toploader with no penny sleeve, and you'll see how one bottom corner of the card will contact the bottom edge of the toploader while the opposite bottom corner will have a gap between the card edge and toploader.

Man, that's one of those things that's a lot more difficult to explain via typing

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Two of my Ichiro rookies, all of which I'll crack thanks to poor grades anyway, labelled incorrectly. Two were standard issue and two were 'Limited Edition'. Limited Edition not printed on the label. Is this something I can get reslabbed or simply unslabbed by them and returned to me? Any thoughts? If I was to return them, how would I do that?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Two of my Ichiro rookies, all of which I'll crack thanks to poor grades anyway, labelled incorrectly. Two were standard issue and two were 'Limited Edition'. Limited Edition not printed on the label. Is this something I can get reslabbed or simply unslabbed by them and returned to me? Any thoughts? If I was to return them, how would I do that?

They'll fix them for free. Just send them back to Phil with a post-it note on each one stating the issue and he'll send them in with the next sub. They messed up quite a few on this sub. I had 1 mislabeled and one slab had an edge that was chipped pretty bad.

Members online

Latest posts