Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The NHL's Top 30 Goalies!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
According to the Brand New Hockey News.....

1) Thomas (BOS)
2) Backstrom (MIN)
3) Mason (CLB)
4) Lundqvist (NYR)
5) Miller (BUF)
6) Nabokov (SJ)
7) Khabibulin (CHI)
8) Vokoun (FLA)
9) Hiller (ANA)
10) Luongo (VCR)
11) Kiprusoff (CGY)
12) Clemmensen (NJD)
13) Fernandez (BOS)
14) Niittymaki (PHI)
15) Turco (DAL)
16) C. Mason (STL)
17) Bryzgalov (PHX)
18) Conklin (DET)
19) Rinne (NSH)
20) Anderson (FLA)
21) Ward (CAR)
22) Smith (TB)
23) Huet (CHI)
24) Price (MTL)
25) Roloson (EDM)
26) Fleury (PIT)
27) Theodore (WASH)
28) Quick (LA)
29) Biron (PHI)
30) Gigure (ANA)

Thoughts?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
According to the Brand New Hockey News.....

1) Thomas (BOS)
2) Backstrom (MIN) should be number 1
3) Mason (CLB)
4) Lundqvist (NYR) shouldn't be in top 10
5) Miller (BUF)
6) Nabokov (SJ)
7) Khabibulin (CHI)
8) Vokoun (FLA)
9) Hiller (ANA) ???
10) Luongo (VCR) how is he this high when he missed a lot of time
11) Kiprusoff (CGY) should be top 5
12) Clemmensen (NJD) should be top 7
13) Fernandez (BOS)
14) Niittymaki (PHI)
15) Turco (DAL)
16) C. Mason (STL)
17) Bryzgalov (PHX)
18) Conklin (DET)
19) Rinne (NSH)
20) Anderson (FLA)
21) Ward (CAR) should be top 15
22) Smith (TB) ???
23) Huet (CHI)
24) Price (MTL) should be top 15
25) Roloson (EDM)
26) Fleury (PIT) should be top 15
27) Theodore (WASH)
28) Quick (LA)
29) Biron (PHI)
30) Gigure (ANA)

Thoughts?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Autismic said:
No Brodeur ???

Kipper should be top 5

I guess because Marty hasn't played much this year, they bumped him off the list. Remember, this list is who they feel are the best at this exact moment. Im not sold on Mason yet though, i think he might be another, Steve Penny, Jim Carrey Etc.

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
Theo's 27? Look at the Capitals record, and tell me he's the 27th best goalie in the league? What gives? I understand alot of people don't like him, I understand his save % isn't exactly .930 and that his GAA isn't 2.10. But seriously... he's the GO TO GUY on the 2nd best team in the east. People need to use some commons sense.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Terry said:
Theo's 27? Look at the Capitals record, and tell me he's the 27th best goalie in the league? What gives? I understand alot of people don't like him, I understand his save % isn't exactly .930 and that his GAA isn't 2.10. But seriously... he's the GO TO GUY on the 2nd best team in the east. People need to use some commons sense.
one reason ALEXANDER OVECHKIN...

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Terry said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe he is that high.
he is not the reason the Caps are so good this season. it is all Ovie.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Y4NK335 said:
pghbuccos said:

Take the blinders off.

I would still say he is top 15 but he has fallen apart just like the rest of the Rangers. they like the Penguins have fallen from being one of the top teams to start the season to hoping to make the playoffs.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
pghbuccos said:
Y4NK335 said:
pghbuccos said:

Take the blinders off.

I would still say he is top 15 but he has fallen apart just like the rest of the Rangers. they like the Penguins have fallen from being one of the top teams to start the season to hoping to make the playoffs.

I'd take Lundqvist ahead of all the others in the top 9. Luongo 10th??? Best goalie in the league! Kipper 11th another joke. Should be top 5 at least.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I don't agree with Kipper being so low either. He's 11th? C'mon he should be at least in the top 5 or even top 3. I think Kipper is also a strong candidate for the Hart trophy. This late in the season and he has won EVERY SINGLE GAME for Calgary, if thats not being valuable, i dont know what is....

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
I don't agree with Kipper being so low either. He's 11th? C'mon he should be at least in the top 5 or even top 3. I think Kipper is also a strong candidate for the Hart trophy. This late in the season and he has won EVERY SINGLE GAME for Calgary, if thats not being valuable, i dont know what is....
He was AMAZING against the Stars a few weeks ago.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
pghbuccos said:
Y4NK335 said:
pghbuccos said:

Take the blinders off.

Despite them plummeting in the standings he still holds a 2.50 GAA and half his goals allowed are from the teams poor play (allowing breakaways, giveaways, etc)

Members online

Latest posts