Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone going to vegas industry summit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Theres going to be atleast 2 dinners, Sunday & Tuesday.

The first one is the topps dinner which is usually held at the top of the orleans. Free drinks, food & usually prizes.

Tuesday is the bowling tournament. Last yr it was held by topps. The food was just tacos but its all about bowling.

Usually, most of the lunches are taken care of & some breakfast too.

If you got a scholarship, the company might take you out to dinner one night.

Theres usually several sports figures there signing. Pete rose, gary payton, rodman & carmen electra have been there the past 2 years. Leaf always brings in a top star.

Bring business cards & some sportcards you want to move, especially high end. Theres always a chance to sell them (although there isn't a show) to other dealers.

Ud is doing an expired redemption promotion. I believe you can bring up to 5 un scratched, expired redemptions & have a chance of getting something for them.

Theres always dealers looking to buy the prizes handed out buy the companies. Because theres usually a nice amount of hand outs (from gifts to info sheets, etc), consider bringing an extra bag (although many times a duffle or backpack will be handed out by a company).

Generally, every single meeting & event takes place in the hotel.

Nights can be chilly so bring a light jacket (it was cold last year).

Theres several restaurants in the hotel (the steak one was great) & a small food court. But if you like buffets, the one in the hotel is really good.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Upper Deck used to fly me out to Hawaii for this, but I have no interest in going to Sin City. "I am NOT a sinner!"

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A few more.

Bring some top loaders & sleeves with you to meetings in case you get a prize or gift.

Theres a free shuttle to the strip.

Dress is casual, people wear shorts to dress pants.

The "coolest" part of the summit is the "home base" room.

This room is where all the companies set up their booths & display some items. Good "one on one" time too. Most of the companies also hold a promotion or have gifts.

The "meet the industry" takes place in various small rooms. Basically, each company has 15 mins to tell you about themselves & their products. Also good question & answer time.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
I am still on the fence about going this year. I would like to go to see friends and have some fun and do some networking, but nothing ever seems to get done through the regular conference in regards to meetings with the manufacturers. That makes being there a lot more frustrating....

Last edited:

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Seems like a no brainer for a shop owner to go.
Lots nice free give aways. The black box from Panini has to be a highlight and Topps goodies. Leaf free signers ect..

Hope FCb has someone posting updates from it.

Members online