User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wow - how did this get to me?

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a seller, my life got a lot easier when I stopped charging for shipping. Helps DSRs and the 20% discount is nice.

With [email protected]'s skewed policies, you have to bend with them.
    Hello again.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post
    As a seller, my life got a lot easier when I stopped charging for shipping. Helps DSRs and the 20% discount is nice.

Ding!

I ALWAYS tell people this when they try to squabble S&H. Move to Free S&H!

(1) You get a discount as a seller.
    (2) Bidders - a lot of times - make up for Free S&H with increased bid prices.
    (3) They can't rate your DSR (Free S&H is an automatic 5 star ship price... at least I think that's what it gives you since the stars are greyed out)
    (4) You won't have to deal with people complaining about S&H gouging. (whether it's fair or not)

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exposfan View Post
    You obviously need another hobby if complaining about a couple of bucks shipping that you agree to pay is that big of a deal.
    $1-$2 adds up real quick.

Buy 10 cards at $3 shipping each, sellers pay $1 per card to ship, there is $20 down the drain right there.

Not as crazy as it sounds.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    Ding!

I ALWAYS tell people this when they try to squabble S&H. Move to Free S&H!

(1) You get a discount as a seller.
    (2) Bidders - a lot of times - make up for Free S&H with increased bid prices.
    (3) They can't rate your DSR (Free S&H is an automatic 5 star ship price... at least I think that's what it gives you since the stars are greyed out)
    (4) You won't have to deal with people complaining about S&H gouging. (whether it's fair or not)
    Also, as a buyer, if I had the option of paying (example) $5 + $3 shipping vs. $8 dlvd, I am going to take the $8 dlvd every time. That's an extra $.06 in eBay bucks that wasn't previously there. That seller gets my paypal over the one that wants shipping.

tgsportscards
     one5fightwear
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - how did this get to me?

If someone charges too much for shipping yet you are satisfied with the card leave a positive but ding them on the shipping to 3-4 stars if you feel like it. Personally if I receive it in a bubble mailer and secure I just leave positive and go on. I know the going rate for card shipping is 2-3 bucks so I don't worry about it.
    Collecting Yoenis Cespedes, Mike Moustakas , Eric Hosmer, Freddie Freeman, Gavin Cecchini, Kyle Zimmer and in the early stages of putting together the 1975 Topps Mini set PSA 8.

GMS-SPORTS-CARDS
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post

Do to us get the 20% for just offering free shipping or are there other items to be met.

Greg

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it makes it to me in a bubble mailer with proper interior protection and within a week from the day I paid - they could have used fecal matter as postage for all I care.
    My qualm is with people who put tape over the writing on used bubble envelopes with nothing inside but a toploader and tape that take 2 - 3 weeks to get it to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You obviously need another hobby if complaining about a couple of bucks shipping that you agree to pay is that big of a deal.
    And you need to start a shipping business if you need to charge an extra few bucks on shipping on a card you decided to list. Is it also just a couple of bucks when you sell 100+ items and do this?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this was the only neg I ever left for shipping inflation. And honestly, it was because both of the amount (around $3.75 discrepancy) and the utter rudeness and unprofessionalism that the seller had.

Obviously a difference in 25 cents is understandable and goes without notice. Around a buck, I start to notice and send a (very polite and non-threatening) message. If they don't refund, I ding the DSRs, and mayyyyyybe leave a neutral if the amount approaches $2. Beyond that, if they are also rude, insulting or straight up non-responsive, they might get a neutral. You have to really work to get a neg from me. I think I've left 3. 1 I regret (it was like within the first month of me buying cards on ebay and I overreacted. I even reached out to the buyer to see if I could scrub it). The other 2 were very much deserved.

Exposfan
     Exposfan1998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc3 View Post
    And you need to start a shipping business if you need to charge an extra few bucks on shipping on a card you decided to list. Is it also just a couple of bucks when you sell 100+ items and do this?
    Not everyone sells 100's of items, thereby costs are higher.
    https://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...ZdAPLJ0Q%3D%3D
    EBATES- save money while buying online!

PS. Jordan Zimmermann is the Next Big thing in DC - Not Strasburg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone sells 100's of items, thereby costs are higher.
    Therefore you would be breaking the TOS.

And I am sure when and if they do sell 100's of items they would discount it a ton. Or just make another excuse. Like they need to drive 55 miles in a space shuttle to the nearest PO. and rocket fuel isnt cheap. Because you know, printing it at home and handing to the man who comes to your house 6 days a week (soon to be 5) is just too difficult to do.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't read much else except the first page, but the $3 is for shipping costs, inconvenience to ship it, and time it takes to ship it. If you're going to nickel and dime and ask for literally $1.25 back, then I would bring up that argument. You got the card in good condition, agreed to $3 shipping (which is fair, $5 is too much) so there is no problem that I see and I think this example is why eBay doesn't protect the seller enough if a buyer can ask for a $1.25 refund then leave a neg.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VandyDan View Post
    AH, that old canard! I must need a new hobby because I insist on getting my money's worth for services I agree to pay for!

It wasn't that big a deal to me. I noticed the difference in price, informed the seller (I even said, "no big deal, as I'm sure you ship a lot and can't keep track, etc).

I read the ToS, knew my rights and when he refused (and then ad hominem refused) I neg'd him. It was not a big deal. It was roughly 1 minute of my life.

Perhaps the seller needs a new hobby, since he made a big deal of keeping money he promised to use to pay shipping?

Look, this really isn't a big deal to me. I know I'm in in the right, but I don't exactly feel persecuted that some disagree. If you promise me/contract with me to spend $3 on shipping something to me, I want you to spend $3 on shipping it to me. You feel otherwise. Cool beans.

Also, this isn't a debate about a few dollars. It's a debate about some sellers making unjust profits. It's no different then them charging me sales tax (that I agree to!) and then just pocketing the sales tax instead of giving it to Uncle Gummint. It's about truth in advertising and honorable seller practices.
    So with you it's all about the price paid for shipping. So why don't you answer 200lb's question about free shipping? You can't have it both ways. When you buy something with free shipping, do you expect that you might not receive your item because the seller isn't obligated to spend ANYTHING on shipping it to you, or are you going to contradict yourself?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could anyone misconstrue Jeff's original post as complaining about getting ripped off on shipping costs?

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I send out about 30-40 bubble mailers with no DC as a first class ENVELOPE every week. About once every 3 months I get a customer that claims postage due from their idiotic USPS that doesn't know their own rules. I usually just end up refunding the buyer what they paid to the USPS but also explain to them how their local PO is wrong and why.

You can send a bubble mailer as an ENVELOPE first class if (like Mike said), 3/4 inches or less (basically enough to hold 1-3 cards) for 92 cents. 2 ounces is $1.12. No DC. I use stamps.com and do this for all cards under $10. The rewards outweigh the risks (deceitful buyers) by a mile and I save over $75 a month doing it this way.

Sending a bubble mailer as a first class PACKAGE with DC, 3 oz or less, costs $1.69.

I also do not charge shipping.

All that said, I have no idea how you got a bubble mailer for 66 cents postage...it should've been sent back to the seller for at least 26 cents more postage

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast