Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Problems as I see it:

1) things are stale because its the same dozen or so people trading back and forth constantly. If stuff that is posted doesnt interest those dozen or so, the thread falls off of the first page quickly, especially now that the baseball season has begun. How can I help it if my collection consists of HOF type stuff but the people trading back and forth are prospect collectors, or patch collectors, or T206 collectors, etc. I put up what I have available (some of it is high dollar stuff too boot), not my problem if new blood doesnt get in here and claim stuff I have up. The only way I can currently rectify my being behind is asking the dozen or so consistent participants what they collect, go to ebay and buy it and then put them up with an @insertnamehere tag for them to claim it. Thats not fun to do, but I will do it if I have to.

2) this thread should of had the backing of [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] from the start, but I have yet to see him post in here, put stuff up, praise the thread, thank people, etc. Off the top of my head, A_Pharis and maybe one other mod are the only FCB staff to participate in this thread. I ask WHY is that? Why is staff not participating? Why isnt there a push to get others involved? Open giving like this builds up a community. Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care? All you hear about is this site needs traffic traffic traffic. Well, get some involvement by staff and maybe traffic will pick up. Then again, maybe it wont, I really dont know, just speaking out loud here. What I do know is if the dozen or so active participants dont keep trading back and forth, or lots of new blood gets in here quickly, this thread is gonna be dead before the end of the month.

Ill post the updated spreadsheet in here shortly.

Agreed

Wish we could get more people involved with some consistency.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

I will get some new stuff up this weekend. I think I'm even or minus 1, but not positive. Been putting in 14 hour days and haven't been on the board much.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION] should we start a new thread Upper Echelon Part 2 ??? just copy page 1 into a new thread and get the list up of everyones claims to posts & whats now available ????

I think were good with just this one but it seems some people want a fresh start & clean thread

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

This'll help me get caught up and should move quickly. /15. Love it, but not rebuilding the patch PC.

Claimed by Y4ank

scan0064.jpg

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Last edited:

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

I'm going to put this one out there. If you guys feel this card isn't on par with the rest, let me know and I will take it down and add something else.

epic-signaatures-autos.jpg

Can I claim? I recently picked up the Carlton and Mathews from this set.

I was +2 before this but I'm going to post something in the next day or so.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'm still up a bit but I am looking to add some stuff in here over the next week or so.

markotsay7

Feb 18, 2011

Sorry I've been away for a while. In place of the Murray tickets ill offer up this:

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1366163157.323772.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Fwiw @musialcollector I think you've put up amazing cards and I would have snagged that dual custom in a second but I claimed the other one and didn't want to be greedy.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Couple thoughts...

I would be in favor of starting part deuce but this thread is fine, could go either way.

I would NOT combine football and baseball but that's Bill's call.

I love people who just say what their ratio is... It's easy and you can score yourself better than anyone policing the thread. Just helps us all stay on top of it.

I'm leaving the Mantle book up for grabs for any Mantle, Yankee, HOF, etc. fan but I can take it down if y'all want... I'm ahead anyways, so don't have to replace but I'll start looking for additional cards to throw in.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Wow. I just checked the spreadsheet, and I discovered that I suck.

Ones that I've posted that have been claimed: 16

Ones that I've claimed: 18 (although I never received one of them, and can't imagine I will ever see it)

Didn't realize I was down 2. I'll find (at least) two new ones and post them tonight.

Everything that I've posted prior to tonight that hasn't been claimed is now officially expired. You know, tabula rasa and all that business.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Wow. I just checked the spreadsheet, and I discovered that I suck.

Ones that I've posted that have been claimed: 16

Ones that I've claimed: 18 (although I never received one of them, and can't imagine I will ever see it)

Didn't realize I was down 2. I'll find (at least) two new ones and post them tonight.

Everything that I've posted prior to tonight that hasn't been claimed is now officially expired. You know, tabula rasa and all that business.

well if you didn't receive something you claimed I think something needs to be done about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts