Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Pharis

I missed out on the Billy Williams, but I would love to claim this for my daughter's vintage g/u collection...

...if and only if this is considered an apt replacement...

2005AbsoluteTOTTBat138-250.jpg

There is a very slight dent in the surface of the card, but I feel like this should meet the thread criteria.

If not, please let me know asap.

Shoot me your address, Charlie. Awesome Clemente!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I will pass on Clemente as well, but glad you're getting the Maris Charlie. If it made it to this morning I was going to claim it, but it'll fit perfectly within your Maris collection. (my Maris PC is only about 6 cards thus far).
Congrats again dude!

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I missed out on the Billy Williams, but I would love to claim this for my daughter's vintage g/u collection...

...if and only if this is considered an apt replacement...

2005AbsoluteTOTTBat138-250.jpg

There is a very slight dent in the surface of the card, but I feel like this should meet the thread criteria.

If not, please let me know asap.

ok its lasted this long and a couple have passed so I would love to claim it if that's cool. thanks

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Problems as I see it:

1) things are stale because its the same dozen or so people trading back and forth constantly. If stuff that is posted doesnt interest those dozen or so, the thread falls off of the first page quickly, especially now that the baseball season has begun. How can I help it if my collection consists of HOF type stuff but the people trading back and forth are prospect collectors, or patch collectors, or T206 collectors, etc. I put up what I have available (some of it is high dollar stuff too boot), not my problem if new blood doesnt get in here and claim stuff I have up. The only way I can currently rectify my being behind is asking the dozen or so consistent participants what they collect, go to ebay and buy it and then put them up with an @insertnamehere tag for them to claim it. Thats not fun to do, but I will do it if I have to.

2) this thread should of had the backing of @cgilmo from the start, but I have yet to see him post in here, put stuff up, praise the thread, thank people, etc. Off the top of my head, A_Pharis and maybe one other mod are the only FCB staff to participate in this thread. I ask WHY is that? Why is staff not participating? Why isnt there a push to get others involved? Open giving like this builds up a community. Lack of participation and support by "staff" to me screams they dont care? All you hear about is this site needs traffic traffic traffic. Well, get some involvement by staff and maybe traffic will pick up. Then again, maybe it wont, I really dont know, just speaking out loud here. What I do know is if the dozen or so active participants dont keep trading back and forth, or lots of new blood gets in here quickly, this thread is gonna be dead before the end of the month.

Ill post the updated spreadsheet in here shortly.

Ya know what, I'm not to keen on posts that insists I do not care. I spend so much time working on this site, I guarantee you that I care. This is a user run promotion, and you don't need me or any other staff member here holding your nut sack while it gets run.

Holy XXXX guys.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Ya know what, I'm not to keen on posts that insists I do not care. I spend so much time working on this site, I guarantee you that I care. This is a user run promotion, and you don't need me or any other staff member here holding your nut sack while it gets run.

Holy XXXX guys.

think he means a little backing and support on this thread would have been nice to get more people involved, and ultimately could have gained more traffic to the site. A simple great thread guys keep it up would have been nice too.

& I think you do a great job keeping the site an awesome place, but maybe a little more involvement on the front lines as apposed to behind the scenes wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Holy XXXX guys.

XXXX you Chris!!! Did I "insist" you didnt care? Nope, hence the question mark you XXXXing tool!!!
You sure know how to alienate users dont you?
I will get back to even and then you all can have fun with this thread, Chris has killed it for me with his "nut sack" comment, so I am done with it. Whoever wants to take over the SS, LMK and I will email it to you, I am not going to waste my time with it anymore. I like you all, but Chris ruins XXXX all too often.

EDIT: Rum nailed it 100%, at least he understands, too bad the owner of FCB cant comprehend.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
XXXX you Chris!!! Did I "insist" you didnt care? Nope, hence the question mark you XXXXing tool!!!
I will get back to even and then you all can have fun with this thread, Chris has killed it for me with his "nut sack" comment, so I am done with it. Whoever wants to take over the SS, LMK and I will email it to you, I am not going to waste my time with it anymore. I like you all, but Chris ruins XXXX all too often.

EDIT: Rum nailed it 100%, at least he understands, too bad the owner of FCB cant comprehend.

Overreact much?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Whoa WHOA WHOOOOOAAAAA!!!

Chris runs this site and it is amazing. Try to get a thread like this with the quality cards listed on BMB or even BO. There is no way that way the MODS would let it fly, yeah BO have a free card thread but the cards are low end like the free to good home. Chris doesn't need to be involved in this thread, it has gone to almost 60 pages without him saying anything to anyone about anything. This is a user run thread and it is up to the users to keep it going. You speak about new users coming in here and posting and making claiming stuff, well if they haven't seen the thread already and wanted to post in it, then that is on them, and it is OK that they don't want to partake. The rules clearly state that you need to meet the criteria before posting and claiming. That is going to keep the NEW traffic out of this thread and also keep the headaches to a minimum or eliminate them completely.

Thank you for keeping up the SS as it is valuable to us who do participate. But leaving with your tail between your legs because of a comment Chris made is unnecessary and childish. Sometimes people don't like the things others say and that is OK, but that doesn't mean take your ball and go home. You have participated in this thread and have become and integral part of it. Chris is just defending himself from something that was said and I am sure he doesn't need me to defend him on that fact. Just take a moment and think about the good this tread has done and the excitement it has brought collectors, myself included.

I for one endorse this thread and thank all the guys that have made others PC's better because of it. All I am saying is man up a little and even if you do not like what other have to say....don't sweat it.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

well like he said its us that's been running this the whole time without any backing, so hopefully you stay on board and continue to be a great asset to this thread and the boards, but if not I understand. Thanks for all the time you put into this thread & helping it to be a success.

you can use one of my items claimed if you want to help you get back to even I think im still+3

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I never called Chris out for not caring. I asked a question, didnt make a statement.
I asked why there wasnt more support from the mod staff.
Do we need them to run this thread? No
Would it be nice to see them participate more? XXXX YES
Do they care that this thread has over 2200 posts and has brought a bunch of guys together openly giving? I dont know.

My apologies to Chris if it seemed I was calling him out, it was not a call out about caring.
Jesus Christ I know he puts in a XXXX ton of work here, but you see him posting in BS threads all of the time and not in ones like this. Why not I ask?

Whoa WHOA WHOOOOOAAAAA!!!

Chris runs this site and it is amazing. Try to get a thread like this with the quality cards listed on BMB or even BO. There is no way that way the MODS would let it fly, yeah BO have a free card thread but the cards are low end like the free to good home. Chris doesn't need to be involved in this thread, it has gone to almost 60 pages without him saying anything to anyone about anything. This is a user run thread and it is up to the users to keep it going. You speak about new users coming in here and posting and making claiming stuff, well if they haven't seen the thread already and wanted to post in it, then that is on them, and it is OK that they don't want to partake. The rules clearly state that you need to meet the criteria before posting and claiming. That is going to keep the NEW traffic out of this thread and also keep the headaches to a minimum or eliminate them completely.

Thank you for keeping up the SS as it is valuable to us who do participate. But leaving with your tail between your legs because of a comment Chris made is unnecessary and childish. Sometimes people don't like the things others say and that is OK, but that doesn't mean take your ball and go home. You have participated in this thread and have become and integral part of it. Chris is just defending himself from something that was said and I am sure he doesn't need me to defend him on that fact. Just take a moment and think about the good this tread has done and the excitement it has brought collectors, myself included.

I for one endorse this thread and thank all the guys that have made others PC's better because of it. All I am saying is man up a little and even if you do not like what other have to say....don't sweat it.

well like he said its us that's been running this the whole time without any backing, so hopefully you stay on board and continue to be a great asset to this thread and the boards, but if not I understand. Thanks for all the time you put into this thread & helping it to be a success.

you can use one of my items claimed if you want to help you get back to even I think im still+3

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I never called Chris out for not caring. I asked a question, didnt make a statement.
I asked why there wasnt more support from the mod staff.
Do we need them to run this thread? No
Would it be nice to see them participate more? XXXX YES
Do they care that this thread has over 2200 posts and has brought a bunch of guys together openly giving? I dont know.

My apologies to Chris if it seemed I was calling him out, it was not a call out about caring.
Jesus Christ I know he puts in a XXXX ton of work here, but you see him posting in BS threads all of the time and not in ones like this. Why not I ask?

It seemed like you were calling him out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online