Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'd hate to see people leaving this thread, especially when it's members who've proven to be here a long while. I have no problem with people who need a little time to come up with stuff to add, and I FULLY understand that LIFE gets in the way.

If some of the people making claims travel for work, or go on vacation, or have things far more important to do that get a card to square themselves up, I am perfectly fine with that.

My point is, this thread is a success in my view. But if members aren't feeling welcome then it won't work in the long run. And we want longevity! Specifically members like Mike and Steve, who visit the site regularly, shouldn't feel pushed out.

Last edited:

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
I'm sorry, i haven't posted anything new up. I posted up a lot but they were never claimed, I have some that hopefully might get picked up early if they meet the requirements. I'll post a pic of them with my ipod soon. They are a 2013 topps Tony Gwynn Louisville Slugger, 2009 SPX Francisco Liriano game used auto, and a 2008 triple threads Delmon Young 2x jersey 1x bat auto relic 12/75. Want to say sorry again, just trouble finding things and then i kind of forgot about this thread.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

New items up:

View attachment 16653
Ripken 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 bobblehead. It is numbeted to 2000; it also includes the card it came with. The card is numbered to 2000 also. Interesting part is the card and figures never matched serial numbers. The last one sold for $37 if you include shipping, but they did not mention if the card was included.

Next:

View attachment 16654

Luis Tiant auto 8x10 frim Tristar Hidden Treasures series 3. No info on sale value.

Next:

View attachment 16655

Griffey UD rookie. SV between 15-25. Who knows!

Alex Rios 2005 Playoff absolute ink auto bat #' ed 16/50.
[MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] Will you be able to remove the 3 items I have posted before: Pee Wee Reese NT bat /99 ( i sent it to my dad), the Griffey 2001 Donruss Best Gold and the Chris Young Gypsy Stam /10 from post 2178? Thanks for keeping the list; it have helped me a lot!

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

I'll claim the Griffey ud rc of still available

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

STOP CRYING!

If a few people made off with stuff and are gone, let it go. Move on. They won't be back. Don't make it seem like a blatent open ended attack on those of us in the thread who are here for the long term and WILL post items eventually.

Personally, I'm down 2 items. Do you really think you won't see me post two more items in the future? I promise you, I will. The issue for me is that I don't currently have anything in my possession that I think would be worth posting. Once I do, I will. That means I need to get to a show or shop or open some wax, none of which I have had the time to do recently.

That said, if I see stuff I want, I'm going to keep claiming! Yes, it's nice to stay at a 0 or positive mark, but we all understand that it's not always possible to do this. This also isn't a full time job for people, nor should it be... come in and enjoy. It might take a month or two to find something you really want and there won't be new items in here every single day. It's just the way it is!

Two good members are now moving away in CatDaddy and 200lb for no reason other than they are tired of listening to the same complaints over and over.

If you want me to create a blackball list, just let me know and I will and post it right in thread post #1 . After that, let's just move forward!

Thanks!

I'm not moving way. It just pissed me off that someone who has hardly contributed to the thread, was calling people out. That is all. I'm with you, Bill. When I get stuff in, that I think people who'll like, it goes in here. I have a couple of those things coming.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

I'll claim the Griffey ud rc of still available
[MENTION=1947]trolea1234[/MENTION]

It's yours. You know what to do!!

Spikes

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008

[MENTION=1947]trolea1234[/MENTION]

It's yours. You know what to do!!

Spikes

Pm sent

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
I was going to write some long-winded post and quote a bunch of people, but I decided to keep it simple. When I sad it was sad that so many people were in the negative, I wasn't referring to the longstanding members of this thread who have completed several give-and-take transactions and currently have items up for the taking. I was referring to the people who have claimed items and not offered anything up in return. Alot of these people are probably of the dine and dash variety and aren't even checking this thread meaning my words were falling on deaf ears. I realize I am a relative newcomer to this GREAT thread and perhaps I should have left it up to the senior members to call people out. I apologize to all that I have offended and will continue to participate because I believe is being done here is awesome. I know that this hobby has a lot of generous, caring individuals and this thread has a very high concentration of them. Thank you and happy collecting! (Oops, so much for not being long-winded)

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think some members are getting the wrong idea here, people who are active and actually posting up nice items... such as yourself as your "**** chart shows";) even if you are in the negative isn't a big deal. You cant control what gets claimed or not. the issue is with the members who have claimed items and have offered up 0 items to replace what they claimed or have only posted up 1 round of items and never tried to replace their stale items. plenty of people that are in the negative are actively trying and adding new stuff and I see no issue at all with this. @CatdaddysCards even used one of his claims for a card I claimed which I greatly appreciated and still do. So I don't want to see members leaving this great thread over a misunderstanding. I say we give the members with no items up for grabs and very old stale items one more shot to make it right & if they don't we start an 86'd list so we know who is banned from the thread.

And now you are directly talking about participants like me. I claimed a $10 card and have put up three cards that actually meet the conditions of this thread. I have very little to offer because of the nature of my collection and even if I did offer up things from my PC, little of it would get grabbed up. Not because I have failed to offer quality but because all that seems to be going are HOF and prospects. And now the suggestion is that a list be created for violators like me that would ban us from the thread. What have I done wrong? I claimed a card that did not even meet the requirements of the thread (though I very much wanted the card) and offered up three cards in return. I have refrained from claiming further things because I am down.

You want to know why participation hasn't taken off? I warned you about this weeks ago before we even started officially tracking who is -1 and who is +7.

It reminds me of when churches post how much every member has donated in the year, hoping to drive people to donate more. In the end, it makes a list of five or six people in competition and nobody else donating anything because they don't want to look shameful. Better to not be on the list at all.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Come on, guys. Lets not turn the best thread on the forum into a pissing match. This is an awesome thread that has led to some amazing claims and offerings. Let's put the petty stuff behind us and keep a positive track going.

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

So I think I'm -1...and shockingly, I have little control of who claims what. I've tried, even slashed the tires of a member because they haven't claimed certain things...but oh well.

In true ****-measuring douchery...I am listing my complete transactions here with just checked eBay approximates

To my knowledge, I've claimed...
- 2012 National Treasures Rickey Henderson Jersey (eBay approx. $5)
- 2012 National Treasures George Kelly Bat (eBay approx. $5)
- 2012 National Treasures Tris Speaker All Decade Bat (eBay approx. $25)
- 2012 National Treasures Sparky Anderson Jersey (eBay approx. $10)

I've sent...
- 2012 Leaf History Pete Rose Cut Autograph (eBay approx. $25)
- 2009 USA Baseball World Cup Autographed Baseball (eBay approx. $25)
- 2012 Leaf Sports Ralph Kiner Icons Cut Autograph #/7 (eBay approx. $25)

Still available...
- 1959 Topps Don Larsen / Casey Stengel Words of Wisdom PSA 7 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2012 Leaf History Ray Culp Cut Autograph (eBay approx. $15)
- 2013 Topps Turkey Red Josh Vitters SP Autograph #/20 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2012 Panini Golden Age Joe Garagiola Autograph (on card) (eBay approx. $15)
- Jorge Soler 2012 Leaf Valiant Rookie Stars Gold #/10 (eBay approx. $20)
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Chris Johnson Rookie Autograph (eBay approx. $15)
- 1983 Topps Mail Away Glossy All-Star Set 1-40 (eBay approx. $10)
- 1985 Topps Mail Away Glossy All-Star Set 1-40 (eBay approx. $10)

As far as where I am in the thread, the inane "if I was negative blah blah blah" etc...my goal is to get to 0. No more, no less. When one item of mine is claimed (and I'll add others should none of the above get claimed), everything is off the table and I'll check out of this thread. I'm tired.

Care if I claim the Soler Mike? I love to acquire youngsters before they are beyond my level of affordability.

I have a couple of nice ones incoming, and have a couple I really don't want to post, but am resigned to doing as such.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Care if I claim the Soler Mike? I love to acquire youngsters before they are beyond my level of affordability.

I have a couple of nice ones incoming, and have a couple I really don't want to post, but am resigned to doing as such.

Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get it out.

Everything else...is off the table now and I'm bowing out.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois

Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get it out.

Everything else...is off the table now and I'm bowing out.

For what its worth, I'm sorry to see you exit. You've been one of the best ones involved. Your generosity has been awesome to watch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
And now you are directly talking about participants like me. I claimed a $10 card and have put up three cards that actually meet the conditions of this thread. I have very little to offer because of the nature of my collection and even if I did offer up things from my PC, little of it would get grabbed up. Not because I have failed to offer quality but because all that seems to be going are HOF and prospects. And now the suggestion is that a list be created for violators like me that would ban us from the thread. What have I done wrong? I claimed a card that did not even meet the requirements of the thread (though I very much wanted the card) and offered up three cards in return. I have refrained from claiming further things because I am down.

You want to know why participation hasn't taken off? I warned you about this weeks ago before we even started officially tracking who is -1 and who is +7.

It reminds me of when churches post how much every member has donated in the year, hoping to drive people to donate more. In the end, it makes a list of five or six people in competition and nobody else donating anything because they don't want to look shameful. Better to not be on the list at all.

put a little more effort in and try to post a new round of items that's all we ask. if nobody has claimed your items maybe its time to try some new stuff. If its not worth it to you to put in the extra effort then maybe that's the reason the thread will die out.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
put a little more effort in and try to post a new round of items that's all we ask. if nobody has claimed your items maybe its time to try some new stuff. If its not worth it to you to put in the extra effort then maybe that's the reason the thread will die out.

*edit*

Nevermind. I addressed this in my original post but being right is clearly more important to some.

Someone please go back and claim one of my cards so I can walk away with a clear conscious.

Last edited:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

I could care less about the +\- , some people have shown no effort and in no way am I calling you out. All I ask is for some effort

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Jesus Christ can we get the thread back on track?

Here is a simple summary of today:

1. There will always be negative ratio people

2. Take as long as you want to get back to even/positive but be proactive and conscious that you're involved now in the thread and eventually owe when the times right

3. People in the negative are the ones who should be pushing the energy (effort) in the thread. You've claimed cards you wanted already and its your responsibility to return the favor at some point

4. Don't take anything personal when it comes to people claiming or not claiming your stuff. I've seen a little of everything claimed in here, from cards to signed balls, books, bobble heads, etc.

That's about it. No single person is the problem but IMO from time to time the thread participants need to be reminded that people in the negative have an obligation to get back to even at least. That's what makes the thread continue. That's what makes the thread survive. That's what makes the thread great.

(+3 ratio, just for the record)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Since everyone seems to be critiquing this thread, I figure I'd add my 2 cents...

Originally I did/would not participate because I really did not support this thread. It claims in the title that this is a "Free To A Good Home" thread but conversely each and every + or - is being meticulously tracked and accounted for. This is NOT conducive of a "Free To A Good Home" gesture but rather more akin to a trading page. I honestly wish we simply did away with the tracking and simply let people post what they want and take what they want without reservation. Have some sort of base limit like 500 or 1000 posts and 1 year membership to participate and be done with it.

The only reason I even entered is to simply give away a nice card to someone free of strings and that's that. I do not consider myself 'plus 1' nor do I have any plans to claim anything either. If it were up to me, I would simply do away with all the accounting and let those who want to give stuff away do so, let those who want to claim stuff do so. Let the good will flow free will. If not we should change the thread title to "Blind trade, accounting will be enforced".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts