This is the Upper Echelon Free To A Good Home Thread. It has some rules. Familiarize yourself with them before you participate and be sure you agree to abide by them. You will be tarred and feathered if you are caught trying to screw the community.
- 500 posts or 2 years board membership to participate.
- If you want an item, post in the thread "I'll take it." Do not PM someone, don't ask someone else to take it for you. First post takes the item.
- Items have to have at least a $15 PER item SELL value, otherwise, put it in the low end thread. You MAY NOT post multiple cards that equal $15; however, you may post multiple cards in one lot, as long as each has at least a $15 value. Consult eBay for comps if you are unsure. You will be asked to remove any item that doesn't meet this requirement. The only acception to this is if you are offering a set with a value of more than $15 (like a Topps Set or something).
- If your item is not claimed within 3 days, please give 1 reminder post about your item. If it's still not taken after 1 week of being posted, consider it an item of little to no interest and please remove it and replace with something else.
- Your give to take ratio has to be 1:1, but feel free to give as much as you want and take as much as you want. You DON'T have to post something immediately as you take something, but if you can, please do or put something in within a few days. This should be community monitored. You will NOT be shipped an item UNTIL you post a replacement for the item you claimed, or you can show you already posted and gave away an item, but have not claimed something from the thread.
- It will not be restricted to one card at a time (meaning there can be multiple items going back and forth at the same time).
- It will be restricted to baseball only, but will not be restricted to cards (e.g., memorabilia can be included - programs, balls, etc.).
- Don't take stuff that you don't see a need for in YOUR collection. It's always nice to pick stuff up for others, but don't do it here. Let that person come and find it themselves, or use the mention (@user id) to get their attention and alert them to the item you think they would like.
- PLEASE!!! Don't take $40 items to flip on eBay (or elsewhere) and just keep replacing them with $15 items. This will kill the thread and kill your rep here real fast.
- Lastly, discretion will fall to the masses... if you post in here and are taking something and replace it with junk, you are going to get called out and you are going to get banned from participating in this thread.
- Ship all the items you offer in a timely manner and use delivery confirmation on all packages.
Added by A_Pharis:
(1) Keep the fighting to a minimum. This is for everyone. Any concerns from here out need to be PMed to me. This goes for EVERYONE in this thread.
(2) No more combining +'s or -'s. This is a 1-for-1 thread. I know that some people doing it have good intentions and are just doing it to wipe their + balance, but you can't make a rule that doesn't apply to everyone. Gifting + balances to other members is fine as long as all parties involved in that are ok with it.
(3) Anyone putting up an item has the right to refuse a claim. I only ask that if it is done, that I be contacted FIRST (prior to declining).
(4) If you think you have something that someone may like, then they are to be tagged (Using the @ command) IN THE THREAD. This thread is not a place to PM people for claims to pad your + balance.
(5) If, for any reason, I feel like someone is abusing this thread in any way - I will act accordingly. Despite what may be floating in your heads, I do not play favorites.
I believe this will work because all the items put in here should all be desirable enough that they will all move to a new home, so there should not be any issue with people posting stuff that isn't taken while they continue to pile up freebies.
Just have fun and use common sense, please!