User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just an idea (custom) I had in my brain today...

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just an idea (custom) I had in my brain today...

Quote Originally Posted by rum151man View Post
    id love one of willie mcgee
    Same

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post
    And in regards to this idea...not all good ideas are marketable ideas. Not implying that this is or isn't.
    I'll take a stronger stance. While it is nice to see an idea that is not the "same old" redone, I think that this kind of product would only appeal to the real die-hards and really don't see it providing value for a company to produce.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=7766]Sig40cal[/MENTION] - yeah, I agree it could supply an endless amount of subject content. Truth be told, I like making them in part of digging up the info as much as I do the creative aspect.

[MENTION=4250]saferseas[/MENTION] - lol, yeah I think he would need a full set!

[MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] - I hope you do not mind my using your logo from time to time on my customs, I have all major manufacturers logo's at my disposal but I somewhat prefer yours.

[MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own.

[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matfanofold View Post
    [MENTION=7766]Sig40cal[/MENTION] - yeah, I agree it could supply an endless amount of subject content. Truth be told, I like making them in part of digging up the info as much as I do the creative aspect.

[MENTION=4250]saferseas[/MENTION] - lol, yeah I think he would need a full set!

[MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] - I hope you do not mind my using your logo from time to time on my customs, I have all major manufacturers logo's at my disposal but I somewhat prefer yours.

[MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own.

[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]

Love the mockup. BG
    Check us out at www.leaftradingcards.com

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matfanofold View Post
    @200lbhockeyplayer @Topnotchsy - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own.
    It's definitely a fun concept and one that some people would be all over. My comment (as well as 200lb I assume) was aimed at the knock on Leaf (by another poster). While it is a lot of fun here, it's not a knock on Leaf for not doing something like this.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man that's great! Morandini and Von Hayes were my two favorite Phillies as a kid in the late 80's/early 90's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg "toe" Nash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12