Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just an idea (custom) I had in my brain today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's been a while since I took the time to photoshop a custom design, but had the itch today.

Ok, so it's not revolutionary but here it is. I think it could make a neat subset anyhow...

KMPSA1F_zps6d619a48.png

KMPSA1B_zpsbb219cd7.png

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION], trying to find anything personal about Willie as of late is kinda tough, but I gave it a shot none the less...

WMF_zps0d92a313.png

WMB_zps3bb0597a.png

Bah, forgot to proof read the back :/

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION], trying to find anything personal about Willie as of late is kinda tough, but I gave it a shot none the less...

WMF_zps0d92a313.png

WMB_zps3bb0597a.png

Bah, forgot to proof read the back :/

Lol..... Awesome
I actually played against Contra Costa College in 2003 where he was the head coach. He was out there throwing pre game BP to everyone looking goofy as ever.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
I love this idea too.

Geez BG...why isn't this idea coming from your offices? Instead of repacking other manufacturers cards or ripping off other companies designs, use some creativity for once.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I love this idea too.

Geez BG...why isn't this idea coming from your offices? Instead of repacking other manufacturers cards or ripping off other companies designs, use some creativity for once.

Lol.. If you are not seeing "anything" creative from us, you are looking with blinders on.. BG

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Lol.. If you are not seeing "anything" creative from us, you are looking with blinders on.. BG

Oh yeah. Forgot about buying back 90's Leaf cards, throwing a stamp on them, and boasting it as innovative. My bad.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Oh yeah. Forgot about buying back 90's Leaf cards, throwing a stamp on them, and boasting it as innovative. My bad.

Did BG ever boast that releasing 1990 Leaf singles with a stamp on them "innovative?"

Didn't think so.

And in regards to this idea...not all good ideas are marketable ideas. Not implying that this is or isn't.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
And in regards to this idea...not all good ideas are marketable ideas. Not implying that this is or isn't.

I'll take a stronger stance. While it is nice to see an idea that is not the "same old" redone, I think that this kind of product would only appeal to the real die-hards and really don't see it providing value for a company to produce.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
[MENTION=7766]Sig40cal[/MENTION] - yeah, I agree it could supply an endless amount of subject content. Truth be told, I like making them in part of digging up the info as much as I do the creative aspect.

[MENTION=4250]saferseas[/MENTION] - lol, yeah I think he would need a full set!

[MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] - I hope you do not mind my using your logo from time to time on my customs, I have all major manufacturers logo's at my disposal but I somewhat prefer yours. :)

[MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own. :)

[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]

MMF1_zpsc56e43d3.png

MMB1_zpsacba6054.png

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
[MENTION=7766]Sig40cal[/MENTION] - yeah, I agree it could supply an endless amount of subject content. Truth be told, I like making them in part of digging up the info as much as I do the creative aspect.

[MENTION=4250]saferseas[/MENTION] - lol, yeah I think he would need a full set!

[MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] - I hope you do not mind my using your logo from time to time on my customs, I have all major manufacturers logo's at my disposal but I somewhat prefer yours. :)

[MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2002]Topnotchsy[/MENTION] - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own. :)

[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]

MMF1_zpsc56e43d3.png

MMB1_zpsacba6054.png

Love the mockup. BG

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
@200lbhockeyplayer @Topnotchsy - I agree with both of you that not all 'good ideas' (including these assuming it may be an OK idea) would be marketable (read: profitable) as a stand alone product. But I do think that something along these lines could make for an interesting and collectable addition/subset to enhance any given offering. It may take the right type of product, perhaps like a Topps Fan Favorite type product, but none the less I would like it. In the end, I do this for fun anyway as a way to make the hobby my own. :)

It's definitely a fun concept and one that some people would be all over. My comment (as well as 200lb I assume) was aimed at the knock on Leaf (by another poster). While it is a lot of fun here, it's not a knock on Leaf for not doing something like this.

Members online

Latest posts