User Tag List

Thread: COMC: Hope it's not a bait and switch

anthonyrdevine
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COMC: Hope it's not a bait and switch

I bought this card on COMC. I e-mailed them and hope to get a replacement or my money back. The bottom corner looked rough on the COMC scan, but I got the card today and that bottom corner is beat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot2013-02-23at64133PM_zpsddffe0c1.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	12917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1589-1_zpsa2203c9d.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	12918

edit: Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.
    Last edited by Anthony; 02-24-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: more info
    Collecting in-person, ttm and PSA/DNA autographed rookie cards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the same exact card but there was problems with the bottom corner layering already and then it probably got further damaged when it was put into a penny sleeve.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the bottom left corner looked bad, already.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, it would have had to have been COMC to "bait and switch", right? I don't sell through them, but don't they scan and ship themselves?

kcroyalshistory
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that bottom left corner is hammered in the original scan. I'm sure you can still return it if you'd like.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get a refund for sure. COMC's customer service is top-of-the-line. Just email them and say you weren't happy with the condition of one of the cards you received. They'll refund you no questions asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will probably give you a refund and not even ask why you would buy a card with a scan you admit has a rough corner and then ask to return it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you bought a damaged card....and then want to return it because it's too damaged?

They'll give you the refund, but you're the exact person I try to avoid on eBay. My blocked list thanks you for making this thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt COMC did a bait and switch. I must say they are not very careful handling thicker cards though.
    Freedom Cardboard or Die!
    Looking for Kerry Wood.
    Buying and Selling Policy.
    I will price my cards and I expect the same of you. Not willing to make offers.

cc-cards88
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    email their customer service and they'll give you a refund no problem. I've had to do it before and never had issues

beanzy46
     andyscags
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: COMC: Hope it's not a bait and switch

if you look at the bottom corner, and the top right edge, it's the same exact card. just looks like your scanner is a little bit clearer than whatever they used

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
    -Andy

Always looking to add to my vintage pc's and set needs, let me know what you've got!

anthonyrdevine
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanalfredo View Post
    if you look at the bottom corner, and the top right edge, it's the same exact card. just looks like your scanner is a little bit clearer than whatever they used

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com
    Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.
    Somebody said it earlier in the thread, I think it's pretty clear that the bottom left corner was compromised, and then when a packaging person at comc put it in a penny sleeve it was wrecked some more. They aren't trying to bait and switch or show misleading scans, but the packaging department shouldn't have sent out a card they damaged further. You won't have any problem getting a refund.

I can tell you that I've bought about 1,500 cards on comc and I've had issues like that with fewer than 5 cards. No matter how good a seller/site is there will be screwups once in a while. At least they'll fix the issue. I mean I've bought new paperback books on amazon before where they were accidentally packed poorly and the cover got creased, but if I cared enough to get it replaced or get a refund they'd be on top of it. People make mistakes.

anthonyrdevine
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an e-mail response from COMC. I just need to send it back for the refund--a non-issue, ultimately.