Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The FCB Vintage Files Volume 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[h=2]The FCB Vintage Files Volume 3[/h] Terry Lewis / March 15, 2013 / No comments / Edit
scan0004.jpg
Old Mill.
The cigarette brand that started a thousand and one card collections. The back found on the T210 set. The back that graces the players of the Southern League of 1909; the teams of Atlanta, Birmingham, Little Rock. Clubs in Mobile, Memphis, Montgomery and Nashville. The Old Mill back was printed for the Virginia factory 25. Black ink was used and in the American, Eastern and National leagues, Black Old Mill cards are some of the more common. Southern League cards all depict the Old Mill and the rarest of the rare; the The Virginia Factory 25 Brown Ink Old Mill are the most coveted and hoarded variations of all T 206 collectors.
Player #3. Fred Beck
Born in Havana, Illinois in 1886 and passing in the same town 75 years later, Beck played professional baseball for a very short time. Playing for the National League Boston team that during his time were called the Rustlers and the Doves, Beck played for the Reds and Phillies of the National League and later two years in the short lived Federal League. Fred Beck led the majors in a single catagory once: he hit the most home runs in 1910 with a total of 10.
As unimpressive as his playing days were, his cards are something different. The pose and colors of his t 206 cards have long been admired and prices have always pushed Mr. Beck passed the other commons and forgotten players of the set.
T-206 Old Mill Fred Beck Back

T-206 Old Mill Fred Beck

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Very cool series. Who did the article and where is volume 1 and 2? I must have missed them.

I'm hofmichael and I approve this message.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I also like this set. It is nice to build the subset if you live in one one of the cities or by region.
DANNY

Members online