User Tag List

Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

anthonyrdevine
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    Next go around we should collect cell numbers and bill or whoever keeps them until needed for instances like these.
    Good idea. I helped run "The Box" years ago on the old BMB. I helped with the second go-round. It worked well up until the 2nd or 3rd to last person. The Box disappeared after that. Having cell numbers would be great.
    Collecting in-person, ttm and PSA/DNA autographed rookie cards.

goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

I would like in on the next go around if possible.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

If you guys dont mind I will; if we get a second run; to start the box from my end. Since I was the last one to have it before it went missing. If we collect cell numbers and all will like for a more senior member or a mod to keep that list.

Just let me know. Also will like to have lance and bill be the first two stops of the new box.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to participate in this if a 2nd box is started.
    Thank you to JBel4331 for the banner!

wem
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad there is interest in doing this again and the idea of getting cell phone #'s seems like a good idea to me.

Unfortunately, I put most of what I had for inserts, parallels, etc., that were not of particular significance to me into the first box to get the idea rolling. Since it has not made it back to me, I really don't have anything to start this off with again, so I would have to turn the reigns for this over to someone else.

I'm still hopeful that Mike (isotopes4) will surface and has a very valid explanation for the delay, but that hope dwindles a bit with each passing day.

wem
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops! Missed this post. Mel, if you want to start if off, that would be wonderful! Hopefully you can find 10 guys to participate. I appreciate your thinking of me for an early stop on the next go round.

Quote Originally Posted by spikes View Post
    If you guys dont mind I will; if we get a second run; to start the box from my end. Since I was the last one to have it before it went missing. If we collect cell numbers and all will like for a more senior member or a mod to keep that list.

Just let me know. Also will like to have lance and bill be the first two stops of the new box.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks that the honor system no longer works for some.
    But this always seems to happen, makes it 80% of the way and then someone disappears with the box.
    Cell phone number are a good idea, but will that really stop someone from running off with a box again?
    I say if someone is honest and wants to prove their trustworthiness, if you want to participate, you should be willing to send a check to an admin or moderator for say $100. That check gets cashed, funds put in an escrow type account, once you have received and mailed onto the next party, you get your funds sent back. I know this idea wont fly with most, but how else is someone going to be held truly liable to mail the package on?
    There always seems to be one bad apple in the bunch and you just never know whos apple that is..................
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musial Collector View Post
    Sucks that the honor system no longer works for some.
    But this always seems to happen, makes it 80% of the way and then someone disappears with the box.
    Cell phone number are a good idea, but will that really stop someone from running off with a box again?
    I say if someone is honest and wants to prove their trustworthiness, if you want to participate, you should be willing to send a check to an admin or moderator for say $100. That check gets cashed, funds put in an escrow type account, once you have received and mailed onto the next party, you get your funds sent back. I know this idea wont fly with most, but how else is someone going to be held truly liable to mail the package on?
    There always seems to be one bad apple in the bunch and you just never know whos apple that is..................
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd be easier to just paypal gift a mod the $100 or whatever the amout is before it starts. Once you're paid up, it begins and once the box makes it to you and onto the next guy, the mod refunds your paypal. Pretty simple. If you're honest and want to participate, I don't see why anyone would not want to do this. Pretty simple if you're not going to run off with the box lol
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

wem
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone has $100 to pony up, plus, it wouldn't have covered the "sell value" of the box anyway. Personally, I don't have $100 drop in an escrow account for the next round. If you all decide to go that route, I respect that, but I will have to sit out.

I also want to reiterate - I don't think Mike made off with the box of cards. Something went wrong and it wasn't theft. I'm almost certain of it. I just hope he will come back and fill us in at some point in the near future!

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd be easier to just paypal gift a mod the $100 or whatever the amout is before it starts. Once you're paid up, it begins and once the box makes it to you and onto the next guy, the mod refunds your paypal. Pretty simple. If you're honest and want to participate, I don't see why anyone would not want to do this. Pretty simple if you're not going to run off with the box lol
    Yes, I forget about the paypal gift option instead of a check, that makes 100% more sense.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Menard View Post
    Not everyone has $100 to pony up, plus, it wouldn't have covered the "sell value" of the box anyway. Personally, I don't have $100 drop in an escrow account for the next round. If you all decide to go that route, I respect that, but I will have to sit out.

I also want to reiterate - I don't think Mike made off with the box of cards. Something went wrong and it wasn't theft. I'm almost certain of it. I just hope he will come back and fill us in at some point in the near future!
    Bill, I dont think any of us are saying Mike took off with the box, but what is being said is it always seems to go this way, where it makes it 80% of the way and then disappears for whatever reason.
    My idea was merely a suggestion to keep people honest. Yes we can all say we are honest, but as we have seen plenty of times in the past, even the good sometimes take the bad road. Hurt that bad apple financially and I bet that box never disappears again.

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Really hoping this thing pops up in a mailbox...even without an explanation.

Two weeks MIA is definitely more than a standard hospital stay, etc...so if it's not outright thievery it's a far more serious issue.
    Hello again.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well lets give it till the end if the week then go from there

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the box shows back up I've been lurking on this thread and figured I'd chime in. Maybe I'm niave but I really can't believe someone would run off with the box. If the box does show up please let me know if the little individual packs I had labled for Lancemoutain and Bill are still there. It wasn't much but it was meant for you guys so I hope you get them. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just so you guys know, he's been active on eBay.
    Username: neighborhoodcardshop

Feedback Left for Date/time
    Thanks! 5 stars across the board! Seller: Member id gunther713 ( Feedback Score Of 75985) May-19-13 06:39
    -- (#360624727711) -- View Item --
    Great communication. A pleasure to do business with. Buyer: Member id 2001cvette ( Feedback Score Of 725) May-17-13 13:39
    RUSSELL WILSON 2012 CONTENDERS ROOKIE RC VARIATION ON CARD AUTO AUTOGRAPH /25 (#251268363671) -- View Item

Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast