Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who participated last time this went down, I would like to offer some advice.
-Make sure if you are sending a specific card for a specific collector, mark it as such.
-Do something to speed up the box moving along. Last time, people would sit on it for months. Not sure who ended up with the last box, but they made out like a bandit on it!
-What about making everyone who is involved put a "security" deposit on the box? For example, $50 into Paypal until it is shipped. That would maybe deter people from keeping the box.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Bill,

I will be interested. Will leave it up to you since I do not meet the criteria of posts counts. Let me know.

Spikes

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who participated last time this went down, I would like to offer some advice.
-Make sure if you are sending a specific card for a specific collector, mark it as such.
Noted in the first post: 3) Feel free to add a "for user id" on stuff that you want to go specifically to someone. Please be respectful of this and don't take something that say it is specifically for someone else.
-Do something to speed up the box moving along. Last time, people would sit on it for months. Not sure who ended up with the last box, but they made out like a bandit on it!
Noted in the first post: 1) Be timely! Don't keep the box for more than 48 hours in your possession. That should be PLENTY of time to go through and pull stuff out. Think ahead and have what you are going to add to the box ready to go before you even get it. This shold allow the box to do the full circuit in a couple of months.
-What about making everyone who is involved put a "security" deposit on the box? For example, $50 into Paypal until it is shipped. That would maybe deter people from keeping the box.
If my rep isnt enough to trust me, then I will pull out of this, as I see zero reason for trusted members to put in $50 "security deposit"

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
You meet the requirement for years of membership, so you are good. It's one or the other required not both. Just PM me the details requested in the 1st post in the thread and I'll add you into the mix. Thanks!

Bill,

I will be interested. Will leave it up to you since I do not meet the criteria of posts counts. Let me know.

Spikes

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks, Chris for noting this. I'm not going to require any type of security deposit. As you mentioned, this is going on reputation and trust of the members that are getting involved.

Noted in the first post: 3) Feel free to add a "for user id" on stuff that you want to go specifically to someone. Please be respectful of this and don't take something that say it is specifically for someone else.
Noted in the first post: 1) Be timely! Don't keep the box for more than 48 hours in your possession. That should be PLENTY of time to go through and pull stuff out. Think ahead and have what you are going to add to the box ready to go before you even get it. This shold allow the box to do the full circuit in a couple of months.
If my rep isnt enough to trust me, then I will pull out of this, as I see zero reason for trusted members to put in $50 "security deposit"

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Nope, no min, no max. I will include you on the list, Jeff. PM me the details needed.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Just noticed I am in. Sounds like it should be fun. Is there going to be a PM sent out with everyone's favorite teams and wantlists so I can start looking to see what I can add to the box?

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yes, and I'll post it all in this thread once I get all the details from everyone.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Okay - we have our 10 spots filled. I need info though from you guys so I can set stuff up.

I need to hear from [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] [MENTION=4787]sruchris[/MENTION] [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=2915]spikes[/MENTION] @isotopes

give me at least 3 players and 2 teams that are your favorites. Give me an idea of what you collect in addition to this. Feel free to give me a more extensive list of teams and/or players.

FYI: Amazingly, there is no overlap amongst us... yet!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Randy Johnson, Andy Pettitte...Disk Porter (and no, I don't expect anyone to have any Disk Porter items). Two primary sets I chase...1934 Goudey and 1933 Tattoo Orbit. Primary teams...Angels and Mets. Chicago Blackhawks and Bears. 3x5 index cards, oddball items, non sport, whatever....and anything I can chop up and make a custom out of.

Who knows...I'm easy.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Randy Johnson, Andy Pettitte...Disk Porter (and no, I don't expect anyone to have any Disk Porter items). Two primary sets I chase...1934 Goudey and 1933 Tattoo Orbit. Primary teams...Angels and Mets. Chicago Blackhawks and Bears. 3x5 index cards, oddball items, non sport, whatever....and anything I can chop up and make a custom out of.

Who knows...I'm easy.

I like and approve

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Sets I'm working on:
2001 topps team autos
Clubhouse collection relics
2005 origins autos
Pre war anything
Goudey anything including sea raiders and Indians

Mike Schmidt phillies Brooklyn dodgers

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008

I wasn't singling you out.
The last time this happened members were trusted long time members as well. But people ended up with family emergencies moving etc. Just an idea, do as you guys wish.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Box is packed and ready to go. I'm going to just think through the route one more time. I'm pretty sure it's heading to Macedonia, OH to begin the trip. Oh - and best of luck repacking this thing! I hope Chris takes a LOT out of it! LOL.

Members online