Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I know if I do happen to get involved, the next round, I see three cards (possibly four) that you picked up today that I'd be interested in pulling, [MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
anyone know what happened to rd 4 ????????? thought we already had a ton of cards for the build????? [MENTION=2455]Bill Menard[/MENTION]

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this - Yes, we have a ton of cards for this box, but they are all very low end items (topps base inserts, base refractors, and base cards dominate the contents). Don't get me wrong, there are still some cool items too - some oddballs, some older bowman cards, and about 50 game used cards; however, the box really deteriorated and many cards have been damaged in the shipping process (for example, most of the game used have bent corners, etc.) and the autos have been reduced to no names and IP no names. Many of the cards in the box are also original to the first round (meaning after 3 rounds, they were still left as unwanted items).

The bottom line is that this is not anything worth spending $16.95 to look through or ship around. I will do something with it eventually, but right now I am focused on the GU/Auto box that is developing nicely and these cards are being well taken care of.

In the GU/Auto box, I have put every single card I have received in a new (or fairly new), appropriate top loader and each one into a sealed team bag for proper protection. I don't want just the cards to be nice, but the presentation of them when each person takes them out of the box will be nice as well.

anyone know what happened to rd 4 ????????? thought we already had a ton of cards for the build????? @Bill Menard

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd say roll the GU and auto's into your new mid- to high- end box and then with the balance of this box, just drop it slowing into the free to go home thread and call this project a success. I can say from my "round" with the box that there was a lot of stuff in there not even worth sending to the next house but I did and I think everyone else did. In my opinion this was a lot of fun and a success but I'd call it over and just split it between either (1) the new box you have going which looks amazing (2) the free to go home thread or (3) just toss out or donate.

Great job by the way Bill, really enjoy watching the various projects you're heading up.

Members online

No members online now.