Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Box O' Goodies 3.0 is a go! It consists of a medium flat rate USPS box. Thanks to all the members who have participated so far and built this box!

Here is how this is going to work:

I'd like a list of 10 people who would like to participate in this round. I will try to set the box up with stuff that the 10 participants collect. I will then send it to someone on the list (probably the person who lives closest to me) and I will set up a travel map for the box, such that it makes its way to each and everyone of the 10 participants in a timely manner (probably a circular pattern around the USA, dependent on the participants - it will not be set up so that it is making trips back and forth from the east coast to the west coast).

Your job as a participant is simple:
1) Take what you want from the box.
2) Add content to the box that makes the box BETTER than it was when it got to you.
3) Try to think of those coming after you when you fill the box and include what you can that you think they will like.

RULES:
1) Be timely! Don't keep the box for more than 48 hours in your possession. That should be PLENTY of time to go through and pull stuff out. Think ahead and have what you are going to add to the box ready to go before you even get it. This should allow the box to do the full circuit in a couple of months.
2) Don't be greedy - give more than you take.
3) Feel free to add a "for user id" on stuff that you want to go specifically to someone. Please be respectful of this and don't take something that says it is specifically for someone else.
4) 500 posts and/or 1 year FCB membership to participate.
5) You have $11.95-$16.85 at your disposal to ship the box off to the next person (it may be a large flat rate by the time you get it).
6) Follow the shipping map!!! Don't send it off to anyone other than the person next on the list after you, which I will finalize and post here in this thread.

Please post in this thread what you remove and what you add to the box along the way.

Post in here that you are interested and then send me a PM with the following:

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone Number
What you Collect
3 Favorite Players
2 Favorite Teams

This will allow me to pick some participants and keep the overlap to a minimum. I'd like to keep it baseball related or at least dominated. But feel free to add a few other sports and items that are specific for participants you know will appreciate them. I hope we can all have fun with this!

Questions? Fire away!
Bill

Participants for round 3:

Hawk8 - - -Dustin P.
Players Collected: Andre Dawson, Sammy Sosa HR chase stuff, Ryne Sandberg, Shawon Dunston Cubs Uni, Kerry Wood Cubs Uni, Mark Prior Cubs Uni, Starlin Castro, Corey Patterson Cubs Uni
Teams: Cubs, New Orleans Saints, LSU tigers
Other: oddball stuff

MansGame - - - Mac S.
Players Collected: Albert Belle
Teams: Cleveland Indians, Ohio State football
Other: 1990s inserts, RCs, etc.

clarkzac - - - Zach C.
Players Collected: Denard Span, Joe Mauer, Harmon Killebrew
Teams: Twins, Nationals
Other: HOF autos, signed memorabilia, bobbleheads, signed 2008 A&G cards

rum151man - - - Jeff W.
Players Collected: Will Clark, Bo Jackson, Jemile Weeks
Teams: Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Raiders
Other:

dmscards - - - Dominic R.
Players Collected: Matt Kemp, Paco Rodriguez, Sandy Koufax
Teams: Dodgers, Redsox
Other:

james5348 - - -James B.
Players Collected: Elston Howard, Roger Maris, Thurmon Munson
Teams: Yankees
Other: Yankee PSA RCs, Yankee Autos, Yankee Game Used

craiger122003 - - - Robert C.
Players Collected: Ozzie Smith, Adam Wainwright, Allen Craig
Teams: Cardinals, Mariners
Other: Cardinal Autos of HOF and current players

catdaddyscards - - - Stephen C.
Players Collected: Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Billy Butler, Bo Jackson
Teams: Royals, Cardinals
Other: Autos, Game Used, Refractors, Patch cards, #'d cards, rookies

kerryfan5 - - - Philip H.
Players Collected: Juan Pierre, Asdrubal Cabrera, Tim Wakefield
Teams: Miami Marlins, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Rays (son)
Other: Pre 1999

Ashburn Alley - - -Greg M.
Players Collected: Darren Daulton, Chase Utley, Brian Westbrook, Jameer Nelson, Bernard Pierce
Teams: Phillies, Eagles, Flyers
Other: 90's inserts

Bill Menard - - -Bill M.
Players Collected: Dustin Pedroia, Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Rocco Baldelli
Teams: Red Sox, Nationals, Orioles
Other: Bowman Chrome Base Autographs, Colored Bowman Chrome Refractors

Shipping order and rough estimate of the timeline
IDNameStateReceive ByShip By
@Hawk8DustinLA------
@MansGameMacTX------
@ClarkzacZachNE------
@rum151manJeffCA------
@dmscardsDominicCA------
@james5348JamesCA------
@craiger122003RobertNV------
@catdaddyscardsStephenKS------
@kerryfan5PhilipOH---31-Dec
@Ashburn AlleyGregPA3-Jan5-Jan
Bill MenardBill RI8-Jan

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yes, it has. I participated in one of them that CISCO??? organized several years back. It was a lot of fun.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I remember doing one of these often the day on Beckett and it was awesome! Unfortunately my collection is so focused now that I really don't have much stuff that is not PC, so I don't know how good of a participant I would be.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think one of the things to keep it "fast" is the limit the number of people involved. The one with Cisco took months for some people to get it.

That said, I'd be interested for sure.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Ill play along, I am sure I can find some goodies to put in the box (some things that are not moving in the upper echelon thread may end up in here) :-o

With that, here is who or what I collect:
Cuddyer - I have pretty much everything but he's my player collection
Musial - I dont collect him too much anymore, but am always willing to add something "unique" to my collection
Minnesota Twins - This is mainly for my nephew, I have started a HOF card collection for him in the other thread, he is also a Twins fan, so I have been picking up Twins cards that will get him a good start there too.
Low tier HOF GU or Autos - Again, this is for my nephew, hoping what I picked up in the other thread gets him going on continuing collecting HOFer guys.

Thanks for getting another amazing thread going Bill, this one and the Upper Echelon threads were sorely needed for FCB.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
I'm dying to participate but can't right now due to getting divorced and an address that's up in the air. This board always lifts my spirits and this type of thing is one of the main reasons why. Looking forward to see how this goes!

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
I'd like to be in on this. count me in.
it would be more for my 10 year old son.

collects ---- refracters any and all, and heritage chrome cards all years.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'd like to participate. My want list is here: sruchris.com

Good God! I could fill several flat rate boxes with that need list!

You are in. Just don't fil the box up with commons! LOL

I may just send you a separate package if you want to pick up the shipping. We will talk!

Send me a PM with the info requested in 1st post.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'd like to be in on this. count me in.
it would be more for my 10 year old son.

collects ---- refracters any and all, and heritage chrome cards all years.

For your son was all I needed to see. You are in. Send me the requested info in thread post 1

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Ill play along, I am sure I can find some goodies to put in the box (some things that are not moving in the upper echelon thread may end up in here) :-o

With that, here is who or what I collect:
Cuddyer - I have pretty much everything but he's my player collection
Musial - I dont collect him too much anymore, but am always willing to add something "unique" to my collection
Minnesota Twins - This is mainly for my nephew, I have started a HOF card collection for him in the other thread, he is also a Twins fan, so I have been picking up Twins cards that will get him a good start there too.
Low tier HOF GU or Autos - Again, this is for my nephew, hoping what I picked up in the other thread gets him going on continuing collecting HOFer guys.

Thanks for getting another amazing thread going Bill, this one and the Upper Echelon threads were sorely needed for FCB.

In. Send me needed info.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I think one of the things to keep it "fast" is the limit the number of people involved. The one with Cisco took months for some people to get it.

That said, I'd be interested for sure.

Well hell yes! Of course you can partake. I see you as the midpoint of this, then boomerang back to the east coast. What size box do you need to fit Frampton in it? My dad would love to have him.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Well hell yes! Of course you can partake. I see you as the midpoint of this, then boomerang back to the east coast. What size box do you need to fit Frampton in it? My dad would love to have him.

I'm thinking a small wardrobe box. I think he's around 5'6"...so with the guitar, a small amp and the talk box...a wardrobe box would be perfect. And until his latest song gets totally polished, it will drive you crazy from the repetition...so I don't want any shrink bills.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Maybe! We'll have to see how it goes on it's first trip around the country!

PM me the details requested in thread 1, though I have your addy already, so you can just post the rest of the info back in here if you want.

Members online

Latest posts