Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could the Rockies be this bad? Who has ESPN Insider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have heard that Keith Law is predicting the Rockies at 53-109 this year. Damn!

I know we have no starting pitching and don't expect much this year, but could the Rockies be that awful this year? Can someone verify that this is indeed Law's prediction and tell me how much worse than any other team he has them. What does he have the Astros finishing with?

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
I have heard that Keith Law is predicting the Rockies at 53-109 this year. Damn!

I know we have no starting pitching and don't expect much this year, but could the Rockies be that awful this year? Can someone verify that this is indeed Law's prediction and tell me how much worse than any other team he has them. What does he have the Astros finishing with?

Yep, he has them at 53-109. He somehow has the Astros finishing with a better record at 56-106 and the Marlins at 60-102. I have a hard time believing that the Astros will finish with a better record than the Rockies, especially since the AStros oar now in the AL.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
The Colorado Rockies enjoyed their 2012 season so much that they thought they'd bring everybody back for an action-packed sequel. That's perhaps a bit unfair as they can expect their desired starting rotation to be healthier this year -- it's almost impossible for them to be less so -- but it's still an organization that's going to have a tough time competing. Having Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez pays for a lot of sins, but not that many. At least the team will likely be less depressing than last year's edition.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
There's no way the Rockies finish that low. They have one of the best offenses when healthy. Yeah their pitching sucks but not 53-109 suck.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The Colorado Rockies enjoyed their 2012 season so much that they thought they'd bring everybody back for an action-packed sequel. That's perhaps a bit unfair as they can expect their desired starting rotation to be healthier this year -- it's almost impossible for them to be less so -- but it's still an organization that's going to have a tough time competing. Having Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez pays for a lot of sins, but not that many. At least the team will likely be less depressing than last year's edition.
Is this a quote from Law? If so, how can he say that they be less depressing than last year if he has them finishing with that record?

Id put money down that they finish with a better record than last year.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Yes, that's the quote from the insider article. I actually think the Rockies will do fine this year. Maybe not win the division, but I think they might end up around .500.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I made a mistake. I quoted Dan Szymborski instead. He has the Rockies going 70-92.

Here is Keith Law's quote:
The Colorado Rockies are a mess, with awful starting pitching foiling an interesting plan to use those guys, a staff built around pitch-to-contact guys in a ballpark where that is the last kind of pitcher you want.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I made a mistake. I quoted Dan Szymborski instead. He has the Rockies going 70-92.

Here is Keith Law's quote:
The Colorado Rockies are a mess, with awful starting pitching foiling an interesting plan to use those guys, a staff built around pitch-to-contact guys in a ballpark where that is the last kind of pitcher you want.
This statement is so false and makes Keith LAw look like an idiot. You want a pitcher that pitches to contact in Coors Field. However you want that contact to induce groundballs, not flyballs. Groundball pitchers are the key to successfully pitching @ Coors.

Members online