Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bought my ticket to the Natty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'll hopefully be driving outta Ely Tuesday, arriving down there Tuesday night and leaving Monday sometime.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Hilton Garden Inn. It's about a mile away, but offers shuttle. Same place I stayed for Sun-Times. Unless I find something cheaper.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
While most attendees to the National Sports Collectors Convention spend every hour that the show is open at the Convention Center browsing the dealer booths or waiting to have their favorite athletes sign autographs, there are some down hours after the show closes each day.

For those attendees who chose to stay near the Convention Center, the options have grown considerably since the last time we were in Rosemont.

One possibility is to visit one of the many new restaurants or other activities in MB Financial Park at Rosemont.

Located very conveniently directly behind the Rosemont Public Parking Garage, The Park at Rosemont has six major restaurants all with different themes. Included are:

Toby Keiths' "I Love This Bar" - a 35,000 sq ft restaurant loaded with country music memorabilia, good food and of course - country music.

Five Roses Pub - a restaurant in the style of the traditional Irish pub with Irish music.

Adobe Gilas - Billed as a traditional Mexican Cantina, they feature a vibrant décor and lively music.

Park Tavern - serves a mix of multi-cultural food served in an outdoor setting along with live music.

Hofbrauhaus - this 20,000 sq ft restaurant serves traditional German dishes with live music in their Bier Hall.

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant - specializes in a Mediterranean cuisine with hearty servings

After a good meal, you can burn of some calories by bowling a few frames at Kings, a 29,000 sq ft entertainment center featuring 20 bowling lanes, a billiards lounge and more. Kings also has a full service restaurant.

If you're not into bowling or billiards, take a walk over to Zanies, Rosemont's own Comedy Club or to Muvico, Rosemont's 18 screen movie multiplex also located in the Park.

OK- we've given you some places to eat (by the way, don't forget about Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across from the Convention Center in the Doubletree Hotel), some physical activity and some laughs or a movie. How about shopping?

The brand spanking new Fashion Outlets Mall adjacent to MB Financial Park opens on August 1 during the National. 120 stores ranging from Saks Fifth Avenue, Prada, Gucci and Barneys to Nike, Crocs, UnderArmour and more will be part of the outlets.

Members online

Latest posts