User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kudos to Jason Collins

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post
    Regardless, hopefully a team signs him so we (and professional team sport athletes) can get over the "what if" scenarios regarding a gay teammate in the locker room.
    I think that's already been done -- I feel a certain percentage of the population is gay and that means each locker room of a decent sized roster sport already has a few gay athletes.

I have no problem that they are gay as long as they are professional and respectful to their teammates in the locker room and not be my fears that the gay athletes treat a lockerroom as a pervy voyeur place to look at their teammates' rears, junk and maybe even have thoughts about hitting on their teammates or dream what it would be like to have intimate relations with them.

rdrphotodesign
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinson21RB View Post
    I don't see this ending well for this talking head.

This guy is an idiot. So it's not ok to be gay, but it's ok for athletes to have pre-marital sex with a ton of women over the course of their careers? I mean, he obviously said that isn't "christian" either, but then don't just call out people that are gay, call out nearly every single athlete about their sexual activities.

rdrphotodesign
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I think that's already been done -- I feel a certain percentage of the population is gay and that means each locker room of a decent sized roster sport already has a few gay athletes.

I have no problem that they are gay as long as they are professional and respectful to their teammates in the locker room and not be my fears that the gay athletes treat a lockerroom as a pervy voyeur place to look at their teammates' rears, junk and maybe even have thoughts about hitting on their teammates or dream what it would be like to have intimate relations with them.
    I really don't feel this is any different then someone in an environment that has attractive women/men where they work. 9 times out of 10 if you are single, a guy/girl may fantasize about coworkers or take a "longer look", but as being a professional you typically don't try to act upon it as there would be repercussions in the workplace (i.e. sexual harassment, embarrassment, termination). It's different if you see that person outside of work and you will be able to tell if they have the same feelings towards you. If you know your teammate is gay and you are outside the locker room/field and want to make an advancement at that time, then there is no problem to it. Gay or straight a person should remain professional at work and then can go out and "play" afterward.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinson21RB View Post
    I don't see this ending well for this talking head.

i piss on this motherXXXXer
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

Broussard is making the same ridiculous comments as every Catholic Priest. The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet that a LARGE majority of Catholic Priests are gay as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg1 View Post
    Broussard is making the same ridiculous comments as every Catholic Priest. The funny thing is, I'm willing to bet that a LARGE majority of Catholic Priests are gay as well.
    A large majority? There are some, but it isnt a large majority.

muskiesfan
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's great that Collins came out, but I agree that I wish it had happened while he was under contract. It would be nice for someone to come out and force the issue.

What I find sad is that this is a story. He's gay. So what? It's just a shame that our society makes a big deal out of it. Gay or straight should not matter.

Bryan770
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiesfan View Post
    I think it's great that Collins came out, but I agree that I wish it had happened while he was under contract. It would be nice for someone to come out and force the issue.

What I find sad is that this is a story. He's gay. So what? It's just a shame that our society makes a big deal out of it. Gay or straight should not matter.
    This. Now he can say he wasn't signed because he is gay.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenegg1 View Post

Dont confuse Homosexuals with Kid-Touchers
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting on the first major sport athlete to come out as heterosexual.

Why is it that someone who is gay must announce it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post

Why is it that someone who is gay must announce it? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    I feel the same way, I couldnt care less what the sexual preference of an athlete is, or any entertainer, politician, chef, lawyer, school teacher, cop, etc.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post

Honestly - I don't think it's a big deal. There are plenty of gay people in all walks of life. The only reason why I admire Jason Collins for coming out is because there are no other male athletes in the MLB, NBA, or NFL who are openly gay. Chris Culliver reminds us why there is a stigma to gay male athletes. So, kudos to you Jason Collins for living your life openly and honestly. The world will be a better place when it isn't news when someone comes out as gay.

CatdaddysCards55
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

It shouldn't be news regardless of who it is. If you want to be treated equally, stop making your sexual preference a big deal.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.
    I have no collecting focus, right now.

Trade Albums

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kudos to Jason Collins

Quote Originally Posted by CatdaddysCards View Post
    It shouldn't be news regardless of who it is. If you want to be treated equally, stop making your sexual preference a big deal.

This. Thank you, Steve.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatdaddysCards View Post

That's a great sentiment if someone like TMZ wouldn't make it into a news story if he was seen holding hands with another man in public. He should have the right to announce it on his own terms, rather than some trashy magazine doing it for him.

Also, this isn't a big deal because of what it means to people that are accepting of his lifestyle. It's a big deal because of the stigma that gay athletes wouldn't be accepted in locker rooms. It's a big deal to others that may feel they have to hide or be ashamed of their sexuality, who can now feel better about living the life they want even if they don't write an article or hold a press conference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12