Thread: Kudos to Jason Collins

Cottonsdepartmentstore
     mwsports2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

What a nice story. Hope that he gets signed and this will open the floodgates.

What are your thoughts?
    If you don't like dealing with ebay or selling items and you need someone to cosign for you, I'm your guy. I write great listings and my fees are reasonable. Send me a pm and we can work out a deal. $100 min on cumulative value of items please.

One of my friends posted on Facebook he saw a man and a woman fighting over a doll this morning
    I have been "Tebowing" about the situation.

https://www.sportlots.com?ref=longsnak check out or sportslots page where you can find all your set, single lot needs

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

there are still rumors there is a small group of NFL players who are about to do the same.

Long time coming.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have really preferred that a player come out while under a contract to actually "force" the acceptance. Regardless, hopefully a team signs him so we (and professional team sport athletes) can get over the "what if" scenarios regarding a gay teammate in the locker room.
    Hello again.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200lbhockeyplayer View Post
    I would have really preferred that a player come out while under a contract to actually "force" the acceptance. Regardless, hopefully a team signs him so we (and professional team sport athletes) can get over the "what if" scenarios regarding a gay teammate in the locker room.
    Well, since he's played with almost everyone, it should be safe to say you want catch the "gay" by merely being in the same locker room.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was pretty cool. I am all in favor of this, yet it will be interesting to see the "spin" should he not be re-signed. He is a fringe role player are the tail end of his career. I hope that if he is not resigned that it is not discussed as being biased. That being said, Collier seems too smart to bring himself down to that level.
    My 2001 FOTG Season Collection

Bryan770
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While i'm sure that he is really gay....I question the timing a bit. You are now a free agent, probably with not a ton of interest and you come out and reap the publicity of that now? Instead of a few years ago when you had a safe contract and career?

They say that any publicity is good publicity,and in this case I agree.....Collins had nothing to lose. Especially in this day and age when saying anything negative about somebody and their sexuality is so taboo vs. 10 years ago where ANY talk of sexuality was taboo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have a Jason Collins PC? Any Jason Collins Supercollectors out there? I would like to know your thoughts on this.
    I collect 2010 AL Cy Young Award Winner Felix Hernandez

King Felix PC (not up to date)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see this ending well for this talking head.

goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

So now that Tebow has been been cut, I'm expecting him to do the same.

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

I actually don't have a problem with what Broussard said. I'm all for gay marriages and equal rights but he has his right to an opinion. Not once there did he say he hated gays or similar things.

Collecting Sean Burnett & Bobby Bonilla!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad he came out. I think this will be a running theme over the next few years until we get to the point where it is not really a "story" anymore.

goldenegg1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Jason Collins

I wonder if Broussard has ever had premarital sex? I'm sure he is living the Christian lifestyle himself. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1367286395.455647.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	16501

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kudos to Jason Collins

Kerry Rhodes of the NFL is gay. His ex boyfriend recently outted him (for a second time). The media just seems to not want to cover that one.

I just hope nobody starts up an NAAHP. That would be the National Association for the Advancement of Homosexual People. It's hard enough facing racial persecution in society as a white man. As a straight white man, I would be completely defeated.

It's sad that something like this is such a big story and gets so much publicity, because it's something that should just be accepted in modern society already. Since it is not, I hope that this is the large step in getting us there.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.
    It's All About Collecting The U : 448 different Miami Hurricanes totaling 5,500+ cards

collection @ www.CardMagnet.info | tradelist @ www.TheCardAlbum.com

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinson21RB View Post
    I don't see this ending well for this talking head.

Meh, I'm sure there will be backlash. But if the gay community wants peace with this, they'll understand he was speaking from his personal faith and nothing more. He wasn't being crude in his remarks, he was just stating what he believed.

I know there are some Christians out there that are bigoted with their remarks, but this wasn't one. The true Christians are those that are not afraid to state their beliefs but at the same time recognize that equal rights are important. The bigoted Christians (which unfortunately is the stereotype for Christians in a non-Christian person's eye) are just ignorant assholes that put themselves on a pedestal above everyone else.

I have no problems with Broussard's remarks b/c he wasn't JUST talking about homosexuals. He was talking about "living in sin."
    Last edited by markakis8; 04-30-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast