User Tag List

Thread: Ebay Question for everyone

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Question for everyone

So, I shipped out a card, and the buyer is claiming that I sent him the wrong card and he took a picture of it but I can't see the serial number of the BGS card that I supposedly sent him.

I told him that I would refund him after he sent the card back to me (I want to make sure that this Ebay buyer isn't lying to me by just posting a picture of another BGS 9 card of the same player since the other Ebay buyer I messaged who I did sell the same card to hasn't responded to my queries). Is that a reasonable request? He's demanding that he get reimbursed right away and that he'll send the card out on Saturday.

Is it reasonable that I ask that he send the card back? It's not a big card but it's still a $50 card compared the $113 card that I supposedly did not send him. I'm still dubious that I sent him the wrong card because I literally match up packages and cards as I ship them out to prevent these sorts of errors.

tigerstrength01
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask him to send a picture with the serial number at the top in it. Is there anything in his ebay history that shows him winning the card he's saying was sent by mistake?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nappyd View Post
    Ask him to send a picture with the serial number at the top in it. Is there anything in his ebay history that shows him winning the card he's saying was sent by mistake?
    I am asking that he send it back and then I will refund. The card that I supposedly sent him is approximately a $50 card. The card he is saying that he didn't receive is approximately a $115 card. Also, he's bought quite a few cards, and so far, I don't see that he has bought the same card. It's not a totally rare card, so I'm just naturally suspicious when someone demands that I refund immediately rather than wait until after he ships back to me.

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, just ask him to be reasonable and send you a clear picture of the serial number. If he doesn't, then tell him he is playing games. If he is straight up, he will do it and you'll see that it's the card you sent, etc. I don't think it's bad that you asked him to send you the card.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Senior Member 200lbhockeyplayer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ebay Question for everyone

Lisa, I'd wait for a return here. It's not unreasonable...especially under this scenario.

Supposedly you sent the wrong card...yet the buyer wants a refund, then return it and not the original card? (Again, assuming that you made a mistake...which is doubtful.)
    Hello again.

kasamm09
     kczkrib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't hurt to check with Ebay here either because there is a policy for everything. And I believe merchandise must be returned before a refund is issued. If not it would be to easy for someone to keep what they bought and get there money back and never be heard from again. Especially people who don't have long standing accounts with Ebay who just want to buy something and not get involved with the feedback. To many scammers. Don't lose out on both your item and your money. Don't let them "strong arm" you either. Be cordial, but be firm. But I'd check Ebay so you have something behind you he can't argue against.

friarg
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay Question for everyone

Pretty sure they need to show proof of returning it to you to win a case with eBay on this. If they won't return it, let them open a case - you're in the clear.
    Check out my Griffey Jr. bucket
    Photobucket: https://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j434/friarg/

katieneack
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caduke View Post
    It won't hurt to check with Ebay here either because there is a policy for everything. And I believe merchandise must be returned before a refund is issued. If not it would be to easy for someone to keep what they bought and get there money back and never be heard from again. Especially people who don't have long standing accounts with Ebay who just want to buy something and not get involved with the feedback. To many scammers. Don't lose out on both your item and your money. Don't let them "strong arm" you either. Be cordial, but be firm. But I'd check Ebay so you have something behind you he can't argue against.
    +1 - Having the proof that you contacted EBAY for advice could really help you if a case is opened.
    Barry Larkin Collector!!
    Always Looking to Buy any Barry Larkins I don't have

Currently Have: 2,698/3,558 Beckett Listings (75.8%)
    Without 1/1's: 2,679/3,196 Beckett Listing (83.8%)

My Larkin Photobuckets:
    Autographed Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Autographed Tab)
    Serial #'d Cards: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (Serial#'d Tab)
    Game Used: https://s1099.photobucket.com/user/calvinpr1/tags (GameUsed Tab)

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ebay Question for everyone

Lisa, no return, no refund. Plain and simple for now. But after 45 days eBay and PayPal may have other ideas though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    -Richard-