Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Getting a GU bat signed question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So, I have a GU bat that I have the opportunity to get signed later on this month.
Where I would like the sig, there is some dirt, lace marks etc. My concern is that the auto, which will be in SILVER paint pen, will NOT stick to the bat.
Should I wipe the area down first? Should I even be worried about this?
Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would leave it as is. Part of having a gu item is to have it in the same gu form when the player used it (which includes dirt, pine tar, ball marks, etc) and not altered imo. I got this signed the other day over ball marks and it turned out fine. Granted it was signed in blue sharpie and not silver paint pen, so that has to be taken into account as well.
Dorssys Paulino bat 2.JPG

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here's a pic:
IMG_20130504_094340.jpg

I want the sig right beside the name plate, and there's a lot marking there. Think it would be ok? Obviously can't go with a blue Sharpie on a black bat...

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
While it would be nice to get it signed next to the name plate, I agree that to clean a spot on the bat would be like altering it. Personally I'd get it signed on the cleanest spot on the barrel.

Is their a premium for bats regarding where it's signed, similiar to balls being more desirable when signed on the sweet spot?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I say leave as is and have signed above or below where name is. Like the signature where you want, but not idea of cleaning a gamer. If you want a bat signed in the spot you desire, but a non gamer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I have several signed GU bats and it seems like the players natural inclination is to sign in the spot between the makers logo and the name plate, OR right above the name plate. Looking at your Arencibia bat, I think it will be fine with silver paint pen on top of the markings. I would VERY lightly wipe it with a dry cloth to get off any really loose dirt/dust, though.

Latest posts