User Tag List

Thread: Going prices

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going prices

What's an expected sale price on orange or gold refractor of a noname scrub?

I'm guessing $10-15 the year of release, and $5-10 a few years down the road?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmixer View Post
    What's an expected sale price on orange or gold refractor of a noname scrub?
    I'm guessing $10-15 the year of release, and $5-10 a few years down the road?
    Be more specific.
    Orange and gold refractors are in Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Topps, Finest, Leaf products, etc, etc.
    Prospects? Veterans?
    Unsigned refractors? Autographed?
    And if you want to find out the real value, just check completed eBay auctions.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribing to this thread, interested to hear people's thoughts.

I'm thinking mostly prospect Gold/Orange Refs from Bowman Chrome and also non-star veteran Orange/Gold Refs from Bowman Chrome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a collector I wouldn't pay more than $5 shipped for a total scrub Gold or Orange Refractor out of Bowman Chrome. We're talking minor leaguers that never made it and are out of baseball, or common players that nobody collects. I've picked up many A's Gold Refractors for $2-4 shipped, though my success at getting Oranges below $5 is more limited so I suspect the actual market value may be slightly above $5.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Going prices

That's what I'm talking 'bout ... Bowman Chrome (any kind). Should I expect to get/pay more than $10 for a total scrub?

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going prices

How about reds if we are throwing out there?

Senior Member uniquebaseballcards's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thought processes here.

Under normal circumstances price fluctuates based on set collector interest of the specific set (that's YEAR and set) but I don't think set collectors are into the Bowman sets as much.

"Topps does not, in any manner, make any representations as to whether its cards will attain any future value."

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Going prices

Finding them is always tough. A lot of guys would rather hold them in a box for 4-5 years in hopes of a late bloomer or hot start than bothering to list them at all. So supply is always an issue regardless of perceived potential
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Finding them is always tough. A lot of guys would rather hold them in a box for 4-5 years in hopes of a late bloomer or hot start than bothering to list them at all. So supply is always an issue regardless of perceived potential
    This is what makes this an interesting topic IMO. Normally if there were 10 of them out there, then I don't know why anyone would pay more than a couple bucks for a scrub. But someone is always collecting a set, team, player, etc. and when there are only one or two readily available, is someone willing to pay $5-$10 for a $2 card #/25 to make sure they secure it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy scrub low #d cards (or, rather, pro scrubs. They weren't scrubs in college). I tend to overpay because they come up for sale/auction so infrequently.

I mean, two of the Supers I'm most in search of are guys that have retired from baseball, one with never getting above short season A ball.