Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pastime HOF Draft Thread - shipped 5/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
There were 25 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 3 - Captain Featherswor - Cal Ripken Jr
  2. 22 - gogosox40 - Reggie Jackson 'UD Hall Worthy
  3. 19
  4. 13 - jfinley - Ryne Sandberg
  5. 12
  6. 21 - Captain Featherswor - Ernie Banks '99 UD
  7. 11 - bigalbet - Reggie Jackson
  8. 4 - osappy1 -Charlie Gehringer
  9. 23 - jhmini - Burleigh Grimes
  10. 15 - jhmini - Tony Gwynn
  11. 25 - Contest- highphat - Jim Hunter
  12. 8
  13. 16
  14. 7 - SteelBrad
  15. 2 - cr0wl3y - Phil Niekro
  16. 6 - hockeyfights - Phil Rizzuto
  17. 20
  18. 17 - bigalbert - Ernie Banks NL Stars
  19. 10 - Erich - Andre Dawson
  20. 24 - stangy24 - Andre Dawson '88 Record Breaker
  21. 9 - jhmini - Bob Feller
  22. 18
  23. 14
  24. 1 - gogosox40 - Wade Boggs
  25. 5 - jhmini - Lou Boudreau

Timestamp: 2013-05-13 01:33:02 UTC
You have randomized this list 3 times.

Hits
----------
Rollie Fingers Ziploc
George Kell
Dick Williams

Last edited:

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

Ouch. Someone should buy that last box because these 4 (over a grand) were brutal. There has to be some better cards in that last one...right?

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

[MENTION=3680]csmtampa[/MENTION] could you facilitate your $12 buyback program through this thread. I think we're gonna need it.

Aug 13, 2008
I need the Grimes, but that is a gawd awful unlicensed card... I'll take the Banks 99 Retro. Next up [MENTION=2078]bigalbert[/MENTION]

I think that the downside of this set will be the fact that there are all these unlicensed or reprints cards for these players (a 92 Ziploc card for Rollie Fingers, you mean that was cheaper than a 78 Topps card?)

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
While it certainly wasn't a mind blowing case, there are some nice cards there. I will say that every box was packed with the original SRP in mind. So with the Buy Back Program included, every box has an absolute minimum value of $75.00. As for TCMA's and reprint cards, a lot of HOF'ers only had a handful of cards when they were alive and TCMA's or reprint cards usually accounted for a few of them. TCMA's are widely collected by autograph collectors and even though they weren't "licensed", most still have logos and have appealing designs.

Here is a link to the Buy Back Program which starts June 1st.

Pastime Card Company | Introducing our buyback program

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
@csmtampa I'm not complaining too loudly. I'm happy with the ones I got in this break. Also, I have no issue with signed TCMA cards, however, I just wanted to point out that Fingers (pun not intended ;)) With the sheer volume of Rollie Fingers cards out there, the Ziploc is probably one of the less desired ones. Also, if the Grimes was on a TCMA I probably would have taken that instead of the Banks, I'm just saying that card is not the most pleasing for a player with a few other nicer signed cards out there.

Your company did fine for a first release - just giving some constructive suggestions going forward from somebody who is collecting signed autographs of HOFers.

I have to admit I don't even remember packing out the Ziploc Fingers. I checked into the product inventory and that is the only Ziploc in the run. Whoever ends up with the Ziploc Fingers I will replace it with another autograph.

I welcome all feedback as it will help improve future products!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Re: Pastime HOF Draft Thread

~The problem with this product is that every pack should have a mantle, dimaggio or williams au.

Every other pack should have a ruth or gehrig.

For $75, thats what I expect!~

...Thats what the hobby expects above, but from that small break, to me, looks like a nice mix

Last edited:

jhmini

Mar 21, 2012
While it certainly wasn't a mind blowing case, there are some nice cards there. I will say that every box was packed with the original SRP in mind. So with the Buy Back Program included, every box has an absolute minimum value of $75.00. As for TCMA's and reprint cards, a lot of HOF'ers only had a handful of cards when they were alive and TCMA's or reprint cards usually accounted for a few of them. TCMA's are widely collected by autograph collectors and even though they weren't "licensed", most still have logos and have appealing designs.

Here is a link to the Buy Back Program which starts June 1st.

Pastime Card Company | Introducing our buyback program
$75 ? It says $60 on the link

jhmini

Mar 21, 2012
Its $250 per box
~The problem with this product is that every pack should have a mantle, dimaggio or williams au.

Every other pack should have a ruth or gehrig.

For $75, thats what I expect!~

...Thats what the hobby expects above, but from that small break, to me, looks like a nice mix

jhmini

Mar 21, 2012
This is just my opinion. For a upstart company the first impression is the most important and with only 100 boxes made at $250 a box for 5 cards you have the first 4 boxes being opened and i'm pretty sure not even one of the cards would normally sell for the $50 avg. price per card plus I can see one of the cards looks damaged also. I'm sure most people are like me and don't mind losing alittle on boxes,cases, or group breaks since its ment to be fun but when it looks like every card is losing money its hard to trust the next box.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
$75 ? It says $60 on the link

The $60 figure is just an example if you were to sell all five cards from the box for $12 a piece. I guarantee no one would sell every card from a box for $12 each. I should also update the image as it was made a few months ago.

At pack out every box was made to have at least $75 in value. For the SRP that is the highest ROI for any product that is similar to this one in the market.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
This is just my opinion. For a upstart company the first impression is the most important and with only 100 boxes made at $250 a box for 5 cards you have the first 4 boxes being opened and i'm pretty sure not even one of the cards would normally sell for the $50 avg. price per card plus I can see one of the cards looks damaged also. I'm sure most people are like me and don't mind losing alittle on boxes,cases, or group breaks since its ment to be fun but when it looks like every card is losing money its hard to trust the next box.

Like you said, every box can't be a huge winner. But boxes on the secondary market are selling for more than SRP on every site. These weren't the first boxes opened, just the first on this site. There are plenty of $50+ hits and a nice amount of $100+ hits (not including hot boxes) spread across the product. Four boxes with a great assortment of names isn't really a big enough sample to judge the product.

The one thing I made sure about this product was providing value per box. Each case does not have a "special" box or any guarantees. Every single box was packed into a case at random, so you can have a great case or an average case. With only 100 boxes your chances at having a great box are good, especially compared to other products with the same price point.

I saw the recap video and noticed there was a 1000 Pastime Points card. That card right there is a HOF signed baseball.

Members online

Latest posts