Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Wow... explain THIS Topps!

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand sometimes there must be redemptions. but with topps they equal a kick in your junk. so I am suppose to like that???? they don't care.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has about said what they want to say here. The next logical step is to create a petition thread that lists all whom refuse to buy Topps until XYZ policies are solved. If you choose to do this OP I would recommend a few categories such as- user name, first name last initial, # of years in hobby, and # of times with bad redemption experience (1, several, or word of mouth) Just getting angry isn't enough alone, best of luck.

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... explain THIS Topps!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxov View Post
    Everyone has about said what they want to say here. The next logical step is to create a petition thread that lists all whom refuse to buy Topps until XYZ policies are solved. If you choose to do this OP I would recommend a few categories such as- user name, first name last initial, # of years in hobby, and # of times with bad redemption experience (1, several, or word of mouth) Just getting angry isn't enough alone, best of luck.
    Wouldn't it be unreal to be able to see how large of a list Topps has for outstanding redemptions?!?! We should just start a thread and list them all in chronological order in the OP. I bet this board has hundreds of outstanding redemptions. I'd also only list one for each, not list the same one over and over. Would be interesting to know how long it gets. Would need said member to update us when it's redeemed too.

---
    Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,627/2,891 - 90.9%

***Always hunting Albert Belle 1998 Tek Diffractors and 1999 Tek Golds***

Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question I thought of from the new thread of how many 1+ year redemptions guys have...

Is there something in the small print about what happens of the guy you're waiting for dies? Seems like they have these redemptions all buttoned up, so if the guy were to die before fulfilling the redemption, what happens?

---
    Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

autocut
     autobilia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Integrity has always been an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by IUjapander
    Teaching your kids the value of cards is an important lesson.
    -------------------------------------------
    Looking for any Fred Williamson cards #'d /10 or less.

-------------

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    It's just con-men, liars, fakers, etc. anymore.
    yep, since 1989!

as for class action, I like the idea but don't like how it will be resolved . People of the class get screwed (I would be surprised if everyone in the class got 25 cents per redemption) and the lawyers end up making millions of dollars.

small claims or local courts sound good, but who has redemptions valuable enough to make that avenue worth doing? I have 2 redemptions pending but not enough value to pay for court costs, any reward if I win and the effort of collecting the judgement from a deadbeat Topps.

Considering Topps is privately owned, I wonder if a lot of this junk going on with them is due to being private and thus to maximize the profit of the stakeholders by doing things on the cheap and hiring people for as cheap as possible.

mclipers
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    yep, since 1989!

as for class action, I like the idea but don't like how it will be resolved . People of the class get screwed (I would be surprised if everyone in the class got 25 cents per redemption) and the lawyers end up making millions of dollars.

small claims or local courts sound good, but who has redemptions valuable enough to make that avenue worth doing? I have 2 redemptions pending but not enough value to pay for court costs, any reward if I win and the effort of collecting the judgement from a deadbeat Topps.

Considering Topps is privately owned, I wonder if a lot of this junk going on with them is due to being private and thus to maximize the profit of the stakeholders by doing things on the cheap and hiring people for as cheap as possible.
    Cheap. Is the main word.
    Always looking for
    1990 pro set series 1 football really for now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    yep, since 1989!

I think the idea of a class action lawsuit is more about the idea than any real tangible victory money wise. It would certainly be a turd in their punch bowl and it would make them think twice before pulling any more of their crap. Yes they'll just find a new avenue to pull crap from there on, but at least they no longer have the option to kick back and do what they're doing now.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what is the rough % of redemptions that actually get sent in the first place. No where near 100% of any product is opened in the first 1.5 years or however big of a redeem window you have.

Oh, and I think its funny how we have to get it mailed in by X date but they can wait 5+ years if they feel like it.

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what is the rough % of redemptions that actually get sent in the first place. No where near 100% of any product is opened in the first 1.5 years or however big of a redeem window you have.

Oh, and I think its funny how we have to get it mailed in by X date but they can wait 5+ years if they feel like it.
    Makes you think.... last night a number of us did a box break of 33 different boxes from the '90s and early '00s... that would be a death wish to do 10 years from now, doing a bunch of boxes from the late 2000s or early 2010s... you'd get A TON of redemption that are all expired. Forget about it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Makes you think.... last night a number of us did a box break of 33 different boxes from the '90s and early '00s... that would be a death wish to do 10 years from now, doing a bunch of boxes from the late 2000s or early 2010s... you'd get A TON of redemption that are all expired. Forget about it
    yep, 2019 will have no old school 2013 box breaks... which Topps loves as you will probably just buy 2019 Topps Tripleredeem Threads and other popular Topps products of the future

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, 2019 will have no old school 2013 box breaks... which Topps loves as you will probably just buy 2019 Topps Tripleredeem Threads and other popular Topps products of the future
    By 2019, every card will be a redemption. CAN'T WAIT!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By 2019, every card will be a redemption. CAN'T WAIT!
    I was about to say there is a chance they test using base/common inserts as redemptions just to check how many people actually bother phoning in for commons.

Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to say there is a chance they test using base/common inserts as redemptions just to check how many people actually bother phoning in for commons.
    It would really be a test to see how far we all will go to continue to deal with their sh!t

I can just see Topps Exec's sitting around a table brain storming and saying "Hey, I've got a great idea! Lets put out a release which is 100% redemptions... for base, inserts, etc. Don't worry, they'll still come and buy buy buy! Just make the sell sheet look REALLY nice. O and make sure our lawyers have the small print all updated "

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would really be a test to see how far we all will go to continue to deal with their sh!t

I can just see Topps Exec's sitting around a table brain storming and saying "Hey, I've got a great idea! Lets put out a release which is 100% redemptions... for base, inserts, etc. Don't worry, they'll still come and buy buy buy! Just make the sell sheet look REALLY nice. O and make sure our lawyers have the small print all updated "
    You're thinking of the new product called "Topps Mailday" which hits shelves in early '14.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast