Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow... explain THIS Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
In my numerous conversations with Topps about redemptions I have got so many contradictions.

In December 2012 a rep told me they would have ALL redemptions caught up by the end of January 2013. I call back in February 2013; the rep I talk to says "That guy was fired for lying to customers"

I called about a redemption I had when the player had live redemptions in a later released product. The first rep said that they couldn't make the player sign the cards in any certain order. The next time I complain about the same problem I was told that there are two different departments, one that handles redemptions and one for future releases.

Another time I told the rep that if I didn't get my redemptions I would take my complaints to social media. She said I shouldn't do that because I could get in trouble. WTF?

I thought about contacting MLB Licensing to complain. I doubt they care as long as the checks from Topps clear the bank.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In my numerous conversations with Topps about redemptions I have got so many contradictions.

In December 2012 a rep told me they would have ALL redemptions caught up by the end of January 2013. I call back in February 2013; the rep I talk to says "That guy was fired for lying to customers"

I called about a redemption I had when the player had live redemptions in a later released product. The first rep said that they couldn't make the player sign the cards in any certain order. The next time I complain about the same problem I was told that there are two different departments, one that handles redemptions and one for future releases.

Another time I told the rep that if I didn't get my redemptions I would take my complaints to social media. She said I shouldn't do that because I could get in trouble. WTF?

I thought about contacting MLB Licensing to complain. I doubt they care as long as the checks from Topps clear the bank.

Lets put it simply... their "reps" are probably minimum wage, call center, type people. I hate to stereotype but I too have had conversations with them about my last redemption and each one is a little different than the next. The last girl I spoke with was being totally honest with me and I asked her "Man your job must suck dealing with these types of calls all day long" and her reply was "yes, it makes for a long stressful day... really this job just sucks and I can't take it much longer".

GREAT REPS TOPPS! KEEP IT UP!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
but lets take a moment and look at it from topps point of view. They can release any product and basically keep 99% of the content hidden. They can even show a picture of a key autograph card and put that picture on the front of the box and issue is as an IOU.

They can basically wait 2 years on that IOU and after that can pay only a fraction of they "money" back. There is no interest so they don't have to worry about that.

Even if they get caught in lies there is NO ONE that will punish them for it. They can't get in trouble. 99.9999% of the hobby are collectors who really won't make a fuss.

They can answer the phone when they want, and also respond to email when they want. They work 24 hours on twitter and facebook promoting future products but can ban you if you ask question about past products or redemptions.

They have hobby dealers and big group rippers ready to hand them their money weeks before the release in order to get product, product that doesn't even promise anything. There is NO return policy, they can fill boxes with garbage and lie all over the place but you are still stuck with it.

Do any of you think topps is at all concerned with any of this? I wrote a former topps VP and his response to all of this was....YUP

I wrote the company president of topps and his response was..................

There is only one answer my friends, stop spending money on topps. I used to think XXXXXing about all this could make a difference, but too many stupid people continue to buy sight unseen and accept screwing when that comes (and it always does). Topps answers to no one, they can do what they want, when they want and you have to accept that.

Wouldn't you do they same thing if you were in topps shoes? It is like taking candy from a baby for topps. Why would they change a thing?

Kevin

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
a question I have is- does Topps treat Bowman redemption products with a little priority or is it all the same?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wouldn't you do they same thing if you were in topps shoes? It is like taking candy from a baby for topps. Why would they change a thing?

Kevin

No, I wouldn't. Even if I was trying to be non biased and having to seperate myself from the fact I'm a collector, I'd still do it better. Of course I'm not a current business or business owner that subscribes to this cut back on quality, jobs, and customer service, but increase prices mind frame or model. But there certainly are a ton of these types out there. Topps appears to be one.

Members online