Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Logo Bingo: We have a Blackout! Game Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Thanks to the 42 who signed up so far. Your cards are at the bottom of this post.

Here's the signup thread for anyone else who wants to play.

The game begins on June 5th.

HOW TO PLAY

Each card features 25 random logos from all of major league and minor league baseball.

There are 3 different ways you can cross off a logo.

1. Any single team who wins or loses by 6 or more runs starting on June 5th can be crossed off

2. Any affiliated teams who win or lose by 3 or more runs on the same day starting on June 5th can be crossed off. Affiliated teams can either win or lose.

Using the Braves organization as an example, you must have 2 or more of the following teams to use method 2 for crossing off a logo:

Atlanta Braves (Majors)
Gwinnett Braves (AAA)
Mississippi Braves (AA)
Lynchburg Hillcats (A Adv.)
Rome Braves (A)
Danville Braves (R)

Basically, any stand alone logos with no other affilations on your card must use method 1 or 3 to cross it off.

This link will come in handy to help you determine each team's affiliation

3. Once a week, I will "call out" 6 random logos in the traditional bingo way. If any of them match a logo on your card, you can cross them off.

MARKING YOUR CARDS

Please make note of the date you crossed each logo off so I can verify them if/when you call a bingo.

FREE SPACES

Any logo depicting a league logo (Major, American, National, Pacific Coast, Carolina, etc...) can be automatically crossed off.

Any logo depicting a sepia colored heritage logo (Montreal Expos, Boston Braves, Washington Senators, Seattle Pilots, any retired major league primary logo, etc...) can be automatically crossed off.

PRIZES

The first player to complete any complete row, column, or diagonal wins $25 (3 separate payouts).

The first player to blackout the entire card wins $50 (1 payout)

To claim a bingo, simply identify the row or column (1,2,3,4,5) or diagonal (downward or upward). Please include the dates you crossed each logo off.

BONUS GAME

The 4 corners of your card make up a special "Road Trip" bonus.

Starting with the upper left corner and going to the other 3 corners in clockwise fashion and back to the upper left corner will be your "road trip".

In Google Maps, simply calculate the distance of the entire loop. The longest and the shortest overall distance according to Google Maps wins $25!

You must post your total distance in this thread to be entered in this bonus game. I will confirm all distances.

When entering each team in Google Maps, simply type the name of the team and choose the first selection (ex. Mobile Bay Bears to Louisville Bats to Detroit Tigers to Cedar Rapids Kernels).

NOTE: Any corner featuring a league or heritage logo counts as 500 miles.

SCOREBOARDS

Major League

Minor League

CARDS

Part of this game involves determining which teams your logos are.

Check out www.sportslogos.net for more help.

Any questions whatsoever, just ask!

1.Y4NK335
2. Gwynn545
3. Enfuego79
4. Austin
5. cartersprings
6. Anthony K.
7. Joey12508
8. Mredsox89
9. hendersonfan
10. Kerryfan5
11. clarkzac
12. Gt2590
13. oiccup41
14. GSUEagle04
15. robertwolf1
16. Erich
17. e.v.
18. djrulz
19. alexs64
20. Metallicalex777
21. ArtVandelay
22. Waxpax
23. wildginge
24. aarne13
25. MrMet
26. Bill Menard
27. TGutta
28. tommyd2107
29. goldenegg1
30. Sly
31. Hullfan
32. TwinsWin
33. Mamunrud
34. gojascks63
35. wildcat4
36. t3dudek
37. Ghumbs
38. Ashburn Alley
39. gracecollector
40. nerdherd020
41. Jedi500
42. Johnny G

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
My first game on our roadtrip is to the San Antonio Missions Baseball Club, 5757 West Old Us Highway 90, San Antonio, TX 78227. I was totally looking forward to this game because I was excited to see Rymer Liriano play, but I just found out he's on the DL!!! Bummer.

Anyway, we are then headed to see the Springfield Cardinals, 955 E Trafficway St, Springfield, MO 65802. My boys are more looking forward to this one than I am, but they are kind of upset that we are driving that far and not going the extra miles to see the actual St. Louis Cardinals. I told them I was sorry, but I just couldn't afford those tickets, the gas, and tickets to get to see the...

Anaheim Angels (they will always be Anaheim to me)!! Yep, our third stop on the road is Angel Stadium of Anaheim, 2000 E Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA 92806! The line up is amazing! Can't wait to see Pujols, Trout, Hamilton, etc., and I think if I figured the rotation correctly, Jered Weaver is going to be pitching!

(I haven't told the kids about this part yet, but while we are out there, we are going to catch a Dodgers game too. Since I didn't tell them about this, though, shhh... I didn't include it in the road trip I'm telling ya'll about!)

We are then going to head out to one more ball park to see the AAA Dodger affiliate, Albuquerque Isotopes, Isotopes Park, 1601 Avenida Cesar Chavez SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106. Now, I'm not huge fan of this decision in recent days because it reminds me of the fact that many of us were probably taken for a ride by FCB member Isotopes4, who ran off with our Box O' Goodies, but we're going to see them anyway! :0)

I know the travel seems pretty nuts, but we got a new RV for the trip and figured we might as well break it in! I'm going to wear my Heisenberg hat and glasses when we go to Albuqeurque with the RV and see if I can get mistaken for Walt (LOL - who get's the reference?)!

I added in the milage to get back to San Antonio from Albuquerque as well. Total travel for this ballpark roadtrip is 3,830 miles. I'll post pics when we get back...unless the DEA arrests me in New Mexico!

Best,
Bill

P.S. - [MENTION=1928]Y4NK335[/MENTION], if you want a place to stay when you come to see the Paw Sox (Pawtucket Redsox), hit me up. I'd be happy to provide you shelter in RI!

Last edited:

WaxPax

Waxpax’s 4 corners "Road Trip"

Bakersfield Blaze
4009 Chester Ave, Bakersfield, CA ‎

Salem Virgina Redsox
1004 Texas Street - Salem, VA 24153

Jackson Generals Baseball
4 Fun Place Jackson, TN 38305

Las Vegas 51’s
850 Las Vegas Blvd. North Las Vegas, NV 89101

4,957 mi

Last edited:

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Well, I have a very long trip ahead:
Starting in Rancho Cucamonga California (Rancho Cucamonga Quakes)
then we head to Bradenton Florida (Bradenton Marauders)
back to Salt Lake City Utah (Salt Lake Bees)
and then back to Jacksonville Florida (Jacksonville Suns)

***editing to add the mileage back to Rancho Cucamonga

for a total of 9484 miles

Last edited:

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Bonus Trip:

Pawtucket Red Sox, 1 Columbus Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02860

to
Burlington Royals Athletic Stadium 1450 Graham St, Burlington, NC 27217

to

Isotopes PARK, Avenida Cesar Chavez Southeast, Albuquerque, NM

to

National League (+500 Miles)
Total Distance - 2,405 + 500 mi + 500 mi back from logo = 3,405 mi

Last edited:

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Bonus game

Columbus Clippers
to
Boise Hawks
to
Trenton Thunder
to
Hertiage Logo

= 4,476 miles + 500 miles to heritage logo + 500 miles back from heritage logo = 5,476 miles

When scoring the bonus game, don't forget the distance from your 4th (bottom left) back to your first (top left) location. It's a round trip.

Last edited:

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
A heads up for those who might also have these teams, they've been relocated/renamed:
Kinston Indians - now Carolina Mudcats
Casper Ghosts - now Grand Junction Rockies

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - For the Bonus Game, are we allowed to take the longest route posted as an option via Google Maps? For example, going from A Travs to Inianapolis Indians the routes range from 580 to 601 to 632 depending on what driving route to take.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
@cjedmonton How do we date a mark? do we post it in a thread or pm?

MARKING YOUR CARDS

Please make note of the date you crossed each logo off so I can verify them if/when you call a bingo.

You can just enter the dates in this thread.

For example:

Your 2nd column is complete.

Top to bottom:

6/6
6/14
6/6
7/1
6/18

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
A heads up for those who might also have these teams, they've been relocated/renamed:
Kinston Indians - now Carolina Mudcats
Casper Ghosts - now Grand Junction Rockies

Outstanding catch!

If anyone has either a Kinston or Casper logo, please substitute for Carolina/Grand Junction respectively.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - For the Bonus Game, are we allowed to take the longest route posted as an option via Google Maps? For example, going from A Travs to Inianapolis Indians the routes range from 580 to 601 to 632 depending on what driving route to take.

Sadly, no. Please just use the default route recommended by Google Maps. In the unlikely event it makes a difference, I'll re-evaluate.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
For my road trip, we begin in Williamsport, PA, catching a game for the CrossCutters. From there, we head west 931 miles to visit the Iowa Cubs in Des Moines, IA. After visiting the Cubs, we travel to San Antonio, TX to catch the San Antonio Missions, a healthy 1,015 mile drive. After a quick trip to the North West League Headquarters, located in Doesn't Matter, USA, we finally head back to Williamport, PA (1,703 miles) for a grand total of:

Williamsport to Des Moines - 931 Miles
Des Moines to San Antonio - 1,015 Miles
San Antonio to Williamsport - 1,703 Miles
North West League - 1000 miles
GRAND TOTAL: 4,649 MILES

**EDIT: Updating the total based on cjedmonton's comments on the 2nd page. Should be 1000 for the League Logo.

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
2 minor rule changes before we get started tomorrow:

1. I will call out 6 logos only once per week (most likely on Saturdays).

2. I am also offering a $25 prize for the shortest overall road trip.

As cartersprings pointed out, be sure to include your final leg from the lower left corner to the upper left corner to complete the round trip.

Good luck, everyone.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
For the bonus game I am very confused. I have a heritage team on my top left corner, is it 500 miles to the top right team and then 500 miles from the bottom left back to the start?

Latest posts