Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The umps really SUCK this year and somethings needs to be done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I know the umpiring across the board this year has been bad, but it's seems the Indians have been at the worst of it.Tonight's game was bad,balls way out of the zone being called strikes and that last call on Aviles wass bullXXXX! I've seen at least 5 games this year where the home plate ump has called the Indians strike zone way differant then the opposing team.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I know the umpiring across the board this year has been bad, but it's seems the Indians have been at the worst of it.Tonight's game was bad,balls way out of the zone being called strikes and that last call on Aviles wass bullXXXX! I've seen at least 5 games this year where the home plate ump has called the Indians strike zone way differant then the opposing team.

Watch the play in the game I'm watching when Beltran was out by a lot, ump had clear view and called him safe on a steal to 3rd. Should have been last out, scored on hit instead later. Game now tied, AZ should be up 2

Ryan

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Check out the Mike Aviles call...1st pitch check swing,doesn't touch the ball,the ball goes off catcher glove and ump call it a strike.He said he fouled it off,never touched the ball! In a situation like that,get help from another ump!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Check out the Mike Aviles call...1st pitch check swing,doesn't touch the ball,the ball goes off catcher glove and ump call it a strike.He said he fouled it off,never touched the ball! In a situation like that,get help from another ump!

Your wrong. Your watching the game in real time. And they are seeing the game in slow motion
Quzitech < sp> style. Get it right :p

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Plus the ump in this AZ game throws his gum into the left field grass every inning. Very odd n disrespectful. Umps have a very hard job, but there are certain ones that make the umps as a whole look bad.

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Why are fans acting like umpires this year are abnormally bad?
Umpires have always made mistakes. This year is no worse than other years.
It's just with so many people complaining on social media and recent news stories of the MLB considering instant replay, umpires have been scrutinized like never before.

In 1985, there was a bad call in the World Series that may have cost St. Louis the championship. Imagine if that happened now? The umpire would be terrorized and have to move to another country.

Fans forget that umpires are correct more than 99% of the time. Sure there are arrogant and cocky ones. And a few who appear blind. But that's been the case for almost 150 years.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Why are fans acting like umpires this year are abnormally bad?
Umpires have always made mistakes. This year is no worse than other years.
It's just with so many people complaining on social media and recent news stories of the MLB considering instant replay, umpires have been scrutinized like never before.

In 1985, there was a bad call in the World Series that may have cost St. Louis the championship. Imagine if that happened now? The umpire would be terrorized and have to move to another country.

Fans forget that umpires are correct more than 99% of the time. Sure there are arrogant and cocky ones. And a few who appear blind. But that's been the case for almost 150 years.

I for one wasn't saying they are different this year over any other. I think their job is hard n respect most of em. Just making a point of this game I'm watching of the DBax n the call may cost em the game. And his gum throwing is odd at the least
Ryan

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I'm aware of umps making mistakes,but with said. There is no excuse for a ump to call pitches strikes to 1 team and then call them balls for the other team...This had happened to the Indians in several games and 2 other games i've watched on fox this year....The Aviles call should have been helped on with other umps...And instant replay should be used on these type of calls,so we get the call right,that's what matters,so what if the game goes on a little longer.I've been watching baseball for 30+ years and umpiring has been bad every year,but i'm not the only person who thinks it's got really bad the last 3-4 years.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Sure, umpires have a hard job to do and will make mistakes. What is not acceptable is how some of them seem to go out of their way to pick a fight. Whether it is by chirping back at the player or by confronting them, I don't remember that happening as often 10-20 yrs ago. A lack of consistency (strike zone) also gives players and fans fits. The ump union should sit these guys down and law down the law. The fans don't go to games to see the umps. Too often these guys have an axe to grind.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sure, umpires have a hard job to do and will make mistakes. What is not acceptable is how some of them seem to go out of their way to pick a fight. Whether it is by chirping back at the player or by confronting them, I don't remember that happening as often 10-20 yrs ago. A lack of consistency (strike zone) also gives players and fans fits. The ump union should sit these guys down and law down the law. The fans don't go to games to see the umps. Too often these guys have an axe to grind.

Actually at every game we got to. The four of us puts in a 10 spot and picks the umpire that will blow up first. They winner of the last game gets to choose first. And if no one wins then we go in alphabet order by last name of the attendees. Let me tell you I have gotten many of free beers out of the money I have made at games. :lol:

I love when the umps go off the deep end of the pool. When it is the home plate umpire, the catcher sometimes asks for the ball a little high, and almost always seems to just miss catching the ball but the home plate umps seems to be the one stopping the ball with is body :lol: pay backs can be a ****** sometimes for the umps too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts