Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013-14 NCAA Hockey Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Ugh this is starting out as a frustrating season

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
crowbsujersey1.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Haven't really been paying attention since the BSU/UAH series, due to time and available streams, so I decided to check.

Looks like Ferris is above and beyond all else in the WCHA, with the Mavs and Beavers bringing up the rear.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Haven't really been paying attention since the BSU/UAH series, due to time and available streams, so I decided to check.

Looks like Ferris is above and beyond all else in the WCHA, with the Mavs and Beavers bringing up the rear.

Well I wouldn't say Ferris State is above and beyond all else yet. The Mavs are only 2 wins behind them now after a rough start, but they've won 7 straight now. Also, we're 4 points ahead of the Beavers, but they've played 2 more games than us. The Mavs are on the road against both Alaska teams, and then we play Ferris State for the first time ever. All those series will be very important, I just hope the Mavs don't have a holiday hangover!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Well I wouldn't say Ferris State is above and beyond all else yet. The Mavs are only 2 wins behind them now after a rough start, but they've won 7 straight now. Also, we're 4 points ahead of the Beavers, but they've played 2 more games than us. The Mavs are on the road against both Alaska teams, and then we play Ferris State for the first time ever. All those series will be very important, I just hope the Mavs don't have a holiday hangover!

I guess you are right, I kinda looked at the 10-0 and thought that they were doing much better than everyone.

Anyway, I'm gearing up for the UAH @ BSU series. I'm sure there will be trash-talk a-plenty when that time comes.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I guess you are right, I kinda looked at the 10-0 and thought that they were doing much better than everyone.

Anyway, I'm gearing up for the UAH @ BSU series. I'm sure there will be trash-talk a-plenty when that time comes.

Well overall, yeah Ferris State is definitely far and away the best team. It will be interesting to see what the Mavs can do with them. I've watched a couple of the Ferris State games this year, and they're definitely for real. Very fast team and a great goaltender.

Hopefully the UAH players will have settled down for the BSU series. They had some pretty trashy plays on the ice. Took a couple major game misconducts against the Mavs with nasty unnecessary hits.

In other news, the World Juniors are going on currently. USA lost to Canada today 3-2 . The Mavs have one player on the USA team, Zach Stepan. He actually had to play against the Mavs in an exhibition game they did before Christmas.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I was hoping to go to that exhibition game. I really wanted to hit up the Center before moving north, but being at a school that's in the same system as them, our schedules align pretty well and I couldn't go.

I did watch the WJC game today. I'm not familiar with many of the players, except for Dumba (although he's with Canada).